Most expensive/least expensive bill

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your most expensive bill?
Have you made any attempt to lower it?

What is your least expensive bill?
How do keep it so low?

October 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Our most expensive bill is rent! We've looked elsewhere, but we are really happy here. Our cell phone is pretty high, and we are thinking about not renewing our contract because I hate paying as much as we do. It's kind of ridiculous for our income. Our electric bill has been super high due to the summer heat, but it's thankfully starting to go down. It dropped $40 in one month!

Our least amount is our internet bill. We are both college student, so we really need the internet, and they have offered us good deals so far.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

October 5th, 2012, 09:38 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rent and gas (fuel) is the most for us. We really can't get much better on our rent in our area and gas we plan our trips out and drive our car more then the truck.

Our least is our gas bill. Our dryer and stove are really the only things that we run from that. Since it is summer we BBQ a lot so that has cut back on our bill.

October 10th, 2012, 12:02 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
How could I forget gas? LOL
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

October 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Our most expensive bill is our mortgage and second to that is my car payment. We can't lower the mortgage without moving and that isn't happening, but I have really thought about selling my car. It would be the first thing to go if things got tight.

Our least expensive bill is our water bill and that is just because water is pretty cheap through our town.
October 10th, 2012, 07:52 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most expensive is rent by far, but it includes water, garbage, electricity, and gas. Makes zero sense for us to go elsewhere with cheaper rent because then we'd have to pay all those bills and our car gas prices would be a lot higher (we usually only fill up once every 2-3 weeks).
Least expensive probably internet. Though we could go even cheaper, we won't compromise service and speed. For us internet is a "must have" for our sanity and if we had to start cutting stuff out it would be last to go before cars and such. lol

October 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
JeanZ's Avatar Member
Most expensive is rent. Least expensive would be 1 of my credit cards. It's only low because I don't use it much. Try to keep the bills to the minimal
October 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most expensive is our mortgage, followed by health insurance. We will be dropping our PMI in a few months, so our mortgage will go down but we're thinking of keeping the payment the same and rolling the extra into more principal payments. Can't really do anything about health insurance, although ours is not traditional insurance (we use a health share) so we are saving money in that regard.

Least expensive is DH's disability insurance. It's like $10 a month. He is young, healthy and works in a low risk job so it's cheap. We really like to be insured though, peace of mind.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search