How closely do you monitor your spending?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lilsands

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
How closely do you monitor your spending?
Do you keep track of every cent? Just the larger items?
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

October 19th, 2012, 07:21 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a general idea of our spending but mostly track our large items. Just this last month DH has become very interested in our expenses. As of right now we have tracked everything for Oct. I was disgusted to see our gas totals are already over $300! Ugh!

October 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM
lilsands's Avatar Veteran
I have just started closely monitoring our spending habits and forming a better budget. I had an good idea before but would not go out of my way to cut costs on things. Now that our first baby is on his\her way, we have to make sure we have enough set aside for things we will need later and bills we will have to pay when I am unable to work. I am attempting to make sure we have a good nest egg put away for the baby.. I think it's hard work!! Babies change everything, lol.
promises1 likes this.
October 25th, 2012, 02:11 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by promises1 View Post
I have a general idea of our spending but mostly track our large items. Just this last month DH has become very interested in our expenses. As of right now we have tracked everything for Oct. I was disgusted to see our gas totals are already over $300! Ugh!
YIKES! We haven't spent that much, but close! How high is gas there now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMec View Post
For the moment I don't really monitor my spendings, which is not good at all.
When I first started really, really watching what I spent and keeping track of everything, it opened my eyes up a lot more and I was surprised at how much little things we were buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsands View Post
I have just started closely monitoring our spending habits and forming a better budget. I had an good idea before but would not go out of my way to cut costs on things. Now that our first baby is on his\her way, we have to make sure we have enough set aside for things we will need later and bills we will have to pay when I am unable to work. I am attempting to make sure we have a good nest egg put away for the baby.. I think it's hard work!! Babies change everything, lol.
Oh yes, a baby does change everything! LOL I think it's great that you formed a better budget. That helped us SO much. Best of luck to you with your budget!
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

October 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Monthly gas = $467 total!!!! I want to cry. For 2-3 weeks gas was $4.60. Now it is back down to $3.95.

October 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Veteran
To be honest - DH is the financial person around here. I allow him to worry about how the bills get paid and let him tell me how much we have for me to spend on groceries etc. I do see all the bank statements and such so that I am fully aware of what is going on (I learned my lesson from my first marriage not to be unaware). We work as a team though ... if I come up with ways to save then he listens or I shop it out (like the coupons on groceries) etc etc.

November 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 separate budgets right now. I manage mine. I have a good idea of whats in my account at all times, and what we owe. As long as the amount we owe is going down compared to the previous month, I dont scrutinize my spending too hard. (We are paying off our wedding rings.)

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

November 2nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by promises1 View Post
I was disgusted to see our gas totals are already over $300! Ugh!
I had to chuckle at this (and other subsequent gas posts) because we spend around $750 (+ or - depending on gas prices) between 3 drivers in a month's time. And honestly that's cheap for us - it hasn't been that low in ages.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search