In Need of some saving tips and tricks

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hkystar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be loosing my job in 16 days and would like to know what are some good tips on saving money wherever you can.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HUGS!

Sales + coupons = win... Watch for meat going on sale... also helps to make a list of avg prices of thing in your area and you can determine if something is cheaper or not...

I get all my personal care products from drug stores. Their reward bucks + coupons + in-store coupons = mostly free (and its all name brand, not usually generic).

check out www.afullcup.com

There is a forum where people post all the deals they are finding at all kinds of stores (by name). It can help you figure out what the deals are this week... Also remember if you dont really need, it might not be worth spending $1 now on it. A good deal on something you dont need (and wont need for like 6 weeks) is still money spent that you could have used for something else you do REALLY need right now!

Just my 2 cents...
promises1 likes this.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 24th, 2012, 09:35 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about your job
Everything above is great advice. I would try meal planning. Cut back/ down grade on anything you can, like cell phone service, cable.

October 25th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry to hear. I've been through this so have some btdt experience.

I turned off the cable and got netflix.

I had to keep the internet because of school (too many hours I had to sit and do work to use the library or I would have shut it off altogether - it was my big expense).

I got the cheapest cell phone plan that I could (since I needed a way for my children to contact me when they were at school and I was at school).

I learned to never let produce or leftovers go bad.... if produce was on it's way out, I chopped it up and froze it... leftovers have been frozen as well (I now freeze them in single servings).

Using gas (for heat) in the winter was what killed me so not only did I wait as long as possible to turn on the heat but I kept the temp as low as I could --- we just had to get used to wearing sweaters and socks and using housecoats inside instead of keeping it so warm that shorts and tanks were acceptable. I also got a couple of electric heaters to put in bathrooms when taking showers so we didn't freeze!

I filed for free lunches at school - saved me a ton of money there while we needed it.

I wish I had learned how to effectively use coupons as that would have saved us a ton right there.

I learned to budget to the penny and to stick to it.

I wish I could think of more right off the top of my head!

October 25th, 2012, 03:29 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I am so sorry to hear about your job! I lost my job a few weeks after I found out that I was pregnant with DD, so I know *somewhat* of what you are going through!

All the previous advice is AMAZING! They said basically everything that I wanted to say.

What stores do you have by you, even ones you don't necessarily shop at often?

Meal planning has been major for me - This has saved me a lot of money.

Coupons + sale! BIG for me.

I started a stockpile with items that I got for free.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search