What are your financial or frugal living goals for the new year?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommytoZoeAlyssa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
What are your financial or frugal living goals for the new year?
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

January 4th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my goal is to set up a grocery and household spending budget and stick to it
January 22nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To get in budget and out the financials on the computer. And to start to really use coupons when grocery shopping

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Sounds great!

I really want to work on our savings account, up our donations and stick to our menu plans.

February 23rd, 2013, 11:44 PM
Veteran
Hope to save more before the end of 2013! And hope my just opened store sales will continue
February 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to make a budget and stick to it.
Learn to coupon.
Make meal plans and stick to them.
yvee80 likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoes_Mommy View Post
I want to make a budget and stick to it.
Learn to coupon.
Make meal plans and stick to them.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We are here to help!

So far, I've been doing pretty good... Our donations have increased like I was hoping for, and we are slowly putting more into savings. We haven't stuck to our meal plans as much as I had hoped for the last couple weeks, so I'm trying again! lol

February 26th, 2013, 06:00 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you very much!

Where do you find your coupons? I don't get any newspapers or anything like that. I live in southwest VA so we don't have a lot of options as far as stores we have a Food City & Wal Mart. I found a website Souther Savers that has alot of good info on it too.
March 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Our goals are to: stick to our budget 100%, build up an emergency fund, stick to our meal plans, and pay of our credit card.
March 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoes_Mommy View Post
Thank you very much!

Where do you find your coupons? I don't get any newspapers or anything like that. I live in southwest VA so we don't have a lot of options as far as stores we have a Food City & Wal Mart. I found a website Souther Savers that has alot of good info on it too.
I get a lot of my coupons from the newspaper, printing them online, trading, Ebay, coupon clipping services, writing to companies directly.. I almost always get a paper and if there is a coupon that I want multiples of, then I will order more through a coupon clipping service if I can't trade for them. For Walmart, there is a blog called iheartthemart.com - This is a great resource for Walmart.

March 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Veteran
Our goals are to make almost all of our food from scratch. It is so far saving us quite a bit of money - more than I really thought that it would. I have a couple big "baking" days a week - as I get in the habit the amount of time spent making things is decreasing. We are expanding our garden this year in hopes of canning a lot more for winter time usage - this will decrease the amount of items we need to buy in the winter as it did this past winter but there wasn't nearly enough to feed us all winter long and we had to get back into the grocery store for our fruits and veggies.

I already make a lot of our household cleaners so the goal this year is to make all of them - so far so good It feels a little weird and more expensive to buy a lot more of certain things (baking soda, vinegar, etc) BUT it is actually costing less in the long run.

I'm experimenting with a few other things - making versus buying ... I'm reserving judgment for now as I haven't decided if I like this stuff or not yet and if it is worth making it or not. I always give it 3-6 months before I make a full decision and for DH to really experience it all, too, and make a decision as well.

We already use food budgets, menu plans, and whatnots that we adhere to, so basically we're just finding ways to save more money so that we have more to put down on a new farm.

March 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Veteran
I want to start chipping away at our student loan. No, I want to do more than chip at it. I want to demolish it! So we'll have to start sticking to a budget so we can use the extra money to get that monkey off our back.

I also want to start saving money so my husband can get his masters degree.
March 15th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8forus View Post
Our goals are to make almost all of our food from scratch. It is so far saving us quite a bit of money - more than I really thought that it would. I have a couple big "baking" days a week - as I get in the habit the amount of time spent making things is decreasing. We are expanding our garden this year in hopes of canning a lot more for winter time usage - this will decrease the amount of items we need to buy in the winter as it did this past winter but there wasn't nearly enough to feed us all winter long and we had to get back into the grocery store for our fruits and veggies.

I already make a lot of our household cleaners so the goal this year is to make all of them - so far so good It feels a little weird and more expensive to buy a lot more of certain things (baking soda, vinegar, etc) BUT it is actually costing less in the long run.

I'm experimenting with a few other things - making versus buying ... I'm reserving judgment for now as I haven't decided if I like this stuff or not yet and if it is worth making it or not. I always give it 3-6 months before I make a full decision and for DH to really experience it all, too, and make a decision as well.

We already use food budgets, menu plans, and whatnots that we adhere to, so basically we're just finding ways to save more money so that we have more to put down on a new farm.
I love everything that you are doing! We make most of our meals from scratch, but I haven't tried making our own cleaners. I'm really getting into being more natural, so there are some things that I want to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genipher View Post
I want to start chipping away at our student loan. No, I want to do more than chip at it. I want to demolish it! So we'll have to start sticking to a budget so we can use the extra money to get that monkey off our back.

I also want to start saving money so my husband can get his masters degree.
Great goals! I wish you all the best with them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search