Ques. about grocery challenge

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2007, 07:13 AM
Veteran
I noticed some of you are starting to enter information. So my question is, since this is a Feb challenge and Feb. doesn't really start at the beginning of the week, how are you figuring out what you really spent for Feb?

Given that I shop on Sundays, the way I was going to do it was
Week 1: Feb 4 - 10
Week 2: Feb 11-17
Week 3: Feb. 18-24
Week 4: Feb 25-Mar 3

Does that make sense? Or should I instead start with week one having been this week (starting Sunday Jan. 28?

January 31st, 2007, 07:54 AM
CBMS
my DH gets paid this friday, so mine will start then. I noticed that someone just shopped, but it's for the month of Feb, so they included it in their challenge. It's really a big challenge for you--so do what's going to get you motivated to save more than us. I am doing mine by actual calander weeks beginning with the first day, so that's why I put 5 weeks in the challenge template. Mine will go from: Feb 1-3, 4-10, 11-17, 18-24, and 25-28. Any money spent on days falling in those weeks will be where I put them in the challenge. I don't get money every week, but I don't spend it all in one week, so I break it down a little and spread it out to cover more weeks... so I spend money every week, normally. As I said, though--it's challenging yourself to try to save save save and be the big saver of the month.
January 31st, 2007, 09:10 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh got paid yesterday, so I've already started. He get's paid once a month and yesterday was Feb's payday. I usually do a HUGE shopping trip the first week of the month and then just buy fruits/veggies and any really good sales the rest of the month. I'm going to Costco today, so expect to see a HUGE shopping bill. I'm not sure how to put savings from that tho? Guess I won't.

January 31st, 2007, 09:16 AM
CBMS
Quote:
My dh got paid yesterday, so I've already started. He get's paid once a month and yesterday was Feb's payday. I usually do a HUGE shopping trip the first week of the month and then just buy fruits/veggies and any really good sales the rest of the month. I'm going to Costco today, so expect to see a HUGE shopping bill. I'm not sure how to put savings from that tho? Guess I won't.[/b]
They don't take coupons, do they? I think I remember seeing that they don't...

guess I should have included warehouses in the question I just asked.

I guess... maybe do a comparison... like her oz or # at a regular store... that's a lot of work, though! You don't have as much time as I do with your at home children and babysitting, too!

I guess I don't know, either... other than just keeping track of staying at or below your budget.
January 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
My dh got paid yesterday, so I've already started. He get's paid once a month and yesterday was Feb's payday. I usually do a HUGE shopping trip the first week of the month and then just buy fruits/veggies and any really good sales the rest of the month. I'm going to Costco today, so expect to see a HUGE shopping bill. I'm not sure how to put savings from that tho? Guess I won't.[/b]
They don't take coupons, do they? I think I remember seeing that they don't...

guess I should have included warehouses in the question I just asked.

I guess... maybe do a comparison... like her oz or # at a regular store... that's a lot of work, though! You don't have as much time as I do with your at home children and babysitting, too!

I guess I don't know, either... other than just keeping track of staying at or below your budget.
[/b]
They take "Costco" coupons, but mostly I just meant the savings from buying in bulk. For example, I can get a package of 6 Romaine hearts at Costco for $2.69. At the grocery store, it's $3.98 (and they're pretty much NEVER on sale) so that's a savings of $1.48 for each package I buy. I go thru around 4-5 packages a month, so a total savings of $6-$7. There are lots of deals like that at Costco. But, you're right, I don't have the time to search the grocery store to compare prices Some of the prices I know off the top of my head, but others I don't. I think I'll just do the regular grocery store savings with coupons and such.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search