Where do you do most of your shopping?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2007, 09:13 AM
CBMS
Grocery store [name]? Discount grocery store? Wal Mart? Super Target? Dollar General Market? etc, etc, etc.

I do most of my shopping at grocery stores. I have tried the DG Market... they're ok, too, but it's about 15 miles from my house, so I don't know that it's *that* worth it! I love love love Save a Lot, too! I don't do Wal Mart anymore, and the Super Target is also a long way away... so I'm pretty much just a grocery store and discount grocery store shopper.

What about you?
January 31st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do about 75% of my shopping at Walmart (or Mall-mart as DS calls it) and about 25% at Sam's. I'm just too lazy to go anywhere else.

January 31st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Veteran
By far the most is at the grocery strore. And I only go to one - I can't do more given I'm working full time. I do stop by WalMart at times and am going to try going to CVS more (if their sales look good).

January 31st, 2007, 09:48 AM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
I live within 1 minute of a super walmart so I mostly shop there. I have noticed that things on sale at other stores are always that price or within a few cents of that price at walmart all the time.
January 31st, 2007, 10:05 AM
paganempath
I live about 15 minutes away from a Super-Walmart and do most of my shopping there. I sometimes shop Winn Dixie for desperation items since it's very close. And I make it to CVS at least once a week.
January 31st, 2007, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For most foods and a few paper products (plates, napkins), Publix. For breads/rolls I usually hit the Flowers Outlet store. For cleaning supplies, HBA and other household non-food things, WalMart or Target.
January 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do a lot of shopping at Costco. Quite often, their per unit prices are cheaper than sales combined with coupons! I shop the loss-leaders at 3 different stores (Vons, Savemart, and Albertsons). Any necessities that I can't find on sale or at Costco, I buy at Winco.

January 31st, 2007, 12:58 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Groceries come from Meijer here. It's down the road, and it isn't Wal-Mart, so I'm happy. In fact, darn near everything comes from Meijer now that I think about it. I'm going to try hitting Walgreens so I can do Easy Saver. My prescriptions are there anyway, and it is right across the street from Meijer.

I do LOVE the Costco, but the closest one to my house is 45 minutes away. So, I pack the cooler in the trunk when I go there and buy bulk meat and break it down when its on sale.
January 31st, 2007, 04:36 PM
Veteran
We do our food shopping at a store called Weis. I guess most of you don't have one of those. We live in the Baltimore area and I think that store originated in Pennsylvania. Most of our non-food items are bought at Target. For the most part, Target here is cheaper than the grocery store on paper products, cat food, and cleaning supplies. I buy all of my baby formula at BJ's (a warehouse club here). I don't think BJ's is as cheap as some of the others, but we don't have another warehouse store close (though they do take coupons). I also try to buy lunchmeat there. BJ's is a good 20-25 minutes away, but they are much cheaper than our grocery store deli and it is deli meat, not packaged (for example, American cheese goes on sale for $4.99 a pound at Weis and that is the cheapest ever and BJ's has it for $2.99 a pound always). I wish we had a Save-a-lot. I have been to one in New Jersey where my MIL lives. However, based on the prices you guys have quoted on here, it is a lot more money for things around here. For example, the cheapest price boneless skinless chicken goes on sale for here is $2.00 per pound. Also, our whole chickens on sale are .89c a pound.
January 31st, 2007, 05:58 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
I do grocery shopping at Kroger (because of double and triple coupons) or Food Town (because they have really good loss leaders). We sometimes shop Wal-Mart for convience, but I usually kick myself afterwards. We end up spending a lot there. And when we are shopping for diapers and formula (no formula now though)- Sam's Club. Oh, and Target sometimes has good deals on baby foods and diapers.
January 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our main grocery shopping is done at Meijer, with an occasional drop in a Jewel if their sale is better than Meijer that week. And actually our other household stuff-shampoo, paper towels, oil (husband does all our our oil changes himself), diapers, etc are bought there too. We used to go to Target, but then I found Meijer to be cheaper, so we switched. I also get the Easy Saver stuff at Walgreens, but only if it is really a deal. I don't particularly care for Walmart, we usually only go when husband needs (or I should say wants) ammo.
February 1st, 2007, 05:51 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
40% of my shopping is at Costco. We buy milk, eggs, bread, and cleaning products there - from what I have seen in regards to meat, even though you need to buy 50 pounds of stuff, it is better quality than what is in the grocery stores around here, and is close or better in price.

50% is at WalMart SuperCenter by us. It opened last summer and the prices are great. Even though I hate shopping at WalMart.

If for some reason I can't find it at WalMart, I go to Bloom or Giant. But, they are pricey unless you catch stuff on sale.

February 1st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Veteran
Quote:
We do our food shopping at a store called Weis. I guess most of you don't have one of those. We live in the Baltimore area and I think that store originated in Pennsylvania.[/b]
We have a Weis in my area (I'm about 40 min from Baltimore)! I don't always shop there because the produce is not very good at our store, plus our Super Fresh doubles coupons up to 99 cents so it often ends up being the best deal.

February 5th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to do all of my shopping at Walmart. Now I'm reading the adds. Meijers has the best sales most weeks. I also do some shopping at Kroger every week. Sometimes Kroger has some awesome sales. Between these two stores I can usually stay out of walmart. Yes, Walmart's prices are only a few cents more at the regular price compared to Kroger and Meijer's sales, but both Meijers and Kroger doubles coupons. This makes it worth my while to drive to the different stores.

February 5th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to love to shop at Kroger because of the double coupons, but we don't have one in our area since we moved. I kind of miss it!

February 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been doing most of my shopping at Wal-Mart, Fareway, and the Wonder/Hostess breadstore, but I've added Hy-Vee, CVS, and Walgreen's into the mix and am doing a little less Wal-Mart because of it.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search