Do you move your prescriptions around?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2007, 05:54 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
A Rite Aid just opened by my house and in this week's sales paper, they offer a $20 GC to switch your prescription.

I have birth control that I get every month, and I was getting it at CVS. But, I'm gonna switch to Rite Aid for the GC.

With my prescription plan, I have to pay 20% of the cost, so I'm going to make sure it is a decent price before switching.

But, I can kind of see myself switching back and forth to get gift cards. Do they allow this? The only restriction was that it can't be a prescription frm another Rite Aid. It didn't say anything about being a former Rite Aid customer.

Free $20!

February 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM
CBMS
My husband is on cholesterol medicine. I switched to CVS and got 25 dollars for it, then I switched it to Winn Dixie and got 50 dollars (which was 10 each time we got it, so it really just made it free, since that's the copay ). I am waiting on a Target one... they sometimes offer it too... as far as going back and forth--I'm not too sure. I know we got a thing that said, "we're sorry to see you go" from Walgreen's, and had a 10% off a total purchse if we brought it back... but that doesn't equal 50 bucks... which is what I got the next time... so we haven't been back to Walgreen's...
February 1st, 2007, 10:38 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I switched mine from Walgreens to Rite Aid to get the $20 gift card. The prescription cost about $6 more out of pocket, but that just basically meant that I got a $14 gift card. That's fine. I mean, free money is free money. I switched it back to Walgreens after that first month. I believe the coupon says 1 prescription per person, so if you're already in their computer as having done it once, they probably won't allow it again. I'm gonna wait a year and hope that I'm out of their computer by then, and then try again

February 1st, 2007, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the process of moving all of ours to Walmart because in our area they're now selling over 300 generic drugs for $4. When DD was sick at Thanksgiving, we got her medicine (2 kinds--antibiotic and cough medicine) for $8. She got sick again at Christmas, and DH forgot and went to the pharmacy we used to use, and it was $60 for almost the exact same stuff.

February 1st, 2007, 01:11 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm in the process of moving all of ours to Walmart because in our area they're now selling over 300 generic drugs for $4. When DD was sick at Thanksgiving, we got her medicine (2 kinds--antibiotic and cough medicine) for $8. She got sick again at Christmas, and DH forgot and went to the pharmacy we used to use, and it was $60 for almost the exact same stuff.[/b]
That is awesome!

February 1st, 2007, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in the process of moving all of ours to Walmart because in our area they're now selling over 300 generic drugs for $4. When DD was sick at Thanksgiving, we got her medicine (2 kinds--antibiotic and cough medicine) for $8. She got sick again at Christmas, and DH forgot and went to the pharmacy we used to use, and it was $60 for almost the exact same stuff.[/b]
That is awesome!
[/b]
I've heard that they're doing it in this area as a trial, but that the program will probably be extended nationwide at some point in the future. I guess they figure if they get someone's prescription business, while they're waiting around for it to be filled, they'll start browsing and spending. Sam's is doing the same thing--on their big signboard at the front where they have a sample of their prescription prices everything is $4.

February 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard that Target down here is doing the $4 prescriptions too. I don't get many prescriptions, and the one med that DH is on he gets through the mail so I don't know. And it seems like they are never offering the gift cards when I do need a prescription.

February 1st, 2007, 05:04 PM
Veteran
We move our prescriptions around, also. We will use the Target coupons all of the time to get $10 when we have a new prescription or one we can transfer. My copays are the same at any store. Recently, we got 2 coupons from a grocery store named Safeway for a $50 gift card for transferring a prescription. I used one coupon for me and one for my DH and got $100!!! I then used the groccery store GCs tobuy GCs from Toys R Us and had Christmas money!!! We also used one for Walgreens. Theirs was a $20 check to Walgreens for a new prescription. I also had a $2 coupon off of any item because they had just opened here. I used both the coupon and the check and got a can of formula for $3!!
February 1st, 2007, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't have any prescriptions, but get this: Meijer has FREE prescriptions on some of the most common medicines! I don't know if there are any kind of limits though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search