My baby girl's appointment...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2007, 03:28 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Our appointment is set for 10 AM. It's in Tampa, and that's an hour away, but It's going to be rush hour, so we're leaving around 7:45-8 AM. My mom's coming over to get the older girls on the bus for me.

I'm really scared what they'll find out...I know I shouldn't think about the negative possibilities, but they're really scary, so it's hard not to let them linger in my mind...

Well, here I sit at 4 PM. We just got home a little while ago. Been a long, tiring, trying, stressful day for my husband and me. We first went to the hematologist... and she came in and took a look at Maddie, and then she asked us to hang tight--she sent in a nurse who came in and did the oxygen saturation test (I'm sure you all know what those are?) and it was first at 66%. It did go up as high as 81%. Even at 81, it's not good.

So... she sent us to St. Joseph's hospital (we had been at All Children's) to get an echo and EKG. They did the EKG first, and then we waited for the echo... well... she started doing it, and then the other lady that was also in with us stepped out and returned with the doctor.

...a few minutes later, the doctor said something about "she's been this way since birth; it's congenital heart disease..." and then he said a bunch of other stuff... I remember hearing, "it's missing," "lungs aren't getting blood from the heart," "cathetar," "surgery..."

So, we meet with the cariology surgeon on Monday. She has a cathetar done on either Tuesday or Wednesday, and we find out then when she'll have her open heart surgery to try to get the collaterals hooked up to the lungs like they should be...

He can't give us an honest prognosis at this point. He said they'll be able to better give us an idea after the cathetar process next week.

Forgive me if I'm not on a lot in the next few weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how to tell my older girls that their sister has this problem...[/b]

This is quoted from my post in my play room... but I wanted to let you girls know what's going on, too, so if I'm not around here much it isn't because I don't love all my frugal friends... just because I'm with my sick baby girl...
February 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sweet brave girl! My prayers are with you. Stay strong.

February 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, Kim, I am so sorry that Maddie has to have surgery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you guys.

February 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
Thanks for sharing. Your family will be in my prayers.
February 3rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am praying for you and your sweet baby!

February 4th, 2007, 05:42 AM
CBMS
Thanks for the well wishes, girls... It means a lot to me to know that I have so many people sending their prayers and thoughts. I am really trying to stay strong and faithful...

at least I'll be too busy to go over budget this month.. good thing. We'll need it for all the rides to and from St. Joseph's hospital in Tampa...
February 5th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Veteran
Oh, how scary! I'm so sorry you all have to deal with this. I'll keep Maddie and your family in my prayers

February 6th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry... I'll keep you and Maddie in my prayers. Please keep us posted on how she's doing!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search