Sam's question

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I'm Tiffany. I just received my budget over on the financial planning board. So, I have come over here for some help. A little birdie told me how great you all are with budgeting!

We have a membership with Sam's. Have any of you used the Member's Mark diapers? What do they compare to? I like Huggies and will also use Pamper swaddlers. DH and I are kind of skeptical in trying store brand diapers b/c we have been dissappointed in the past. Do any of you suggest any other store brand diapers that are similar to Huggies or Pampers swaddlers? TIA!!!! I have been getting the big box of Size 3 Huggies containing 200 diapers for $34.99. Is that a good deal?

Any other helpful hints for shopping at Sams would be great too!

Thank you Claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!!!
Click HERE to see my belly pics!

February 5th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the smiles diapers are pretty good. But you can often find as good a deal if not better by combining store sales with coupons! Like at Walgreens this week there is a sale on Huggies Mega packs for 12.99 plus if you but $20 worth you can get a $10 rebate. Put manufacturers coupons on top of that and you've got a really great deal. Plus in the rebate catalog there is a $1.00 off instant coupon for Huggies!!!!

February 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't have a Sam's membership. We have also had bad luck with generic diapers, so we stick to Huggies. Recently I tried Luvs bc I found a good deal, but I just don't like them as well.
February 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM
CBMS

The 200 for 34.99 is a pretty good deal, but not the best you can get if you shop around for diapers. Walgreens this month has a rebate on Huggies products, so you can get back 10 dollars for spending 20. So they are cheaper than the 17.5 cents that the 200 cost (per diaper). (ie: buy 3 jumbo packs at 11.49 each, which is the regular price, use 3 of their store coupons for 3.00 total, use three manuf coupons for at least 3.00 off (more if you have better coupons), get the 10 back, and then the price is: 34.47-3.00-3.00-10.00= 15.4 cents per diaper, and that's with only 1.00 off manuf coupons!)

Also--as long as your baby's bum isn't sensitive--the Walgreen's regular (not their premiums; I don't like the tabs on those ones, they're big and kind of cut into the skin around the tummy), but their regular diapers are actually really good! They have stretchy tabs (unlike luvs), and they don't leak. The only problem I have is that every single solitary diaper I have tried other than huggies makes maddie get rash. I LOVE the Walgreens, but I have to alternate them with the huggies, but that's what I'd have to do with ANY other brand. I haven't had any leaks--and she's had some nasties! You can get them on sale for BOGO50% off. It's 11.98/2 packs, that's 80 size 3's. That makes them about 15 cents each. Sometimes they have coupons for 1.00 off at the store, too, and that really sweetens the deal.

PLUS! You can try them and if you hate them, they'll give you your money back! You really can't go wrong to at least try.

The member's mark are the same diapers as the Wal Mart brand (parent's choice, I think they're called) and they seem to be almost exactly like the target brand, so if you have tried those and didn't like them, you probably won't like the member's mark either.

Best deals I've found are on amazon. Last month, you could get four cases of huggies for about 90 bucks because they had 30 dollars off a 99 dollar purchase... that was a great deal.

This week, I think it's Target that has them for 8.49/jumbo. That makes the 3's 21 cents w/o a coupon... but you take the coupons off, and you quickly lower the price a 1.00 coupon brings them down to 18.7 cents, and a 1.50 coupon down to 17.4 cents.

Just shop around and price compare. You can get really good deals if you look for them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search