Car Insurance

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2007, 12:56 PM
pebbles1977
Hi guys!
I'm looking to switch my car insurance coverage. Currently we're paying $135/mo for 3 cars (2 w/liability only - they're paid off) and 2 drivers. I did one of those online quote comparisons and it seems we can get a cheaper rate. But because I don't know much about these other companies, I thought I'd ask you guys who you recommend. Do you like your carrier, and who do you use?
TIA!
February 6th, 2007, 01:43 PM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
It's weird - I have Nationwide (1 car, no liability) and my husband has State Farm (3 cars, only 1 car has liability). We wanted to combine our cars when we got married, but it was cheaper to keep them with the seperate companies than to combine them to one! We tried Geico, Progressive, Nationwide and State Farm.

We recently did the Progressive website and played with the coverage, and we can get a little better deal with them, but we both are very happy with our current insurance carriers - and we've had to use them several times, so we're reluctant to switch.

If we really needed to, we'd probably switch over to Progressive.

Thanks Typical Heroine!!

February 6th, 2007, 03:40 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I also have seperate coverages. I have State Farm and he has Geico. It was cheaper to keep it that way when we got married. We are probably going to look into combining soon, he has a ticket that will leave his record in May and mine will leave in June. I really like State Farm, I have a great agent. But she is retiring so I may switch. I have had good luck with Geico in the past. I also used to have Progressive and they handled my claim great but they drop me over a misunderstanding. I moved and called them because not all of my mail forwarded. I missed a payment and wanted to get it straightened out. I paid them the amount that they said that I owed and when it came time for renewel I got a letter saying that they were not going to renew because I was 30 days behind. I called them to explain that I should have been current but they said that I had been late since the move and I thought that I was current. Never got late notices, EVER. So I have a grudge against Progressive now and will NEVER give them any of my money.

February 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I love my AAA agent and the coverage we have. Not to mention, flat tires, lock outs, general brokenness that needs towing ... no problem, just dial the Road Side Assistance number and away we go. It's a peace of mind that I am now absolutely committed to having.
February 6th, 2007, 09:52 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have Allstate full coverage for both our cars even tho they're paid off ($300/$100). I've gotten quotes from all kinds of different companies (including progressive & geico) and they can never beat our current coverage, so we're sticking with Allstate. Plus, they have an outstanding reputation.

February 7th, 2007, 05:08 AM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've had Progressive for over 3 years and I love them! We have a minivan with full coverage and a "sportscar" with liability only, we both have 1 ticket on our records, we both have 1 no-fault accident on our records, and we pay $55.00 per month.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
February 7th, 2007, 12:20 PM
pebbles1977
Well...

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico! Lol
Seriously though, I got rate quotes from all the places you guys mentioned, and Geico was by far the best deal. We're going to save over $400/year with them. Now here's to hoping we never need to use it!
February 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
We have Progressive and love them! DH and I had 2 wrecks in 3 months, and they were very helpful and lightning fast in getting us rental cars and a check so DH could get a new car. DH had his wreck in the morning, and had a check that evening. It was very obvious it was totaled out. After that type of service, I am sure we won't change.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search