Huggies sale at Walgreen's

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, apparently I didn't read the coupon in the easy saver booklet very well, and I headed into Walgreen's to get 2 bags of Huggies thinking that since they were on sale for $12.99, I had 2 $1.50 manufacturers coupons, and with 2 of the $1.00 coupons in the booklet, that I'd be getting them for about $10.50 each. Little did I know that the coupon in the easy saver booklet is only for the jumbo size bag, and the mega size bag is what is on sale. I decided to wait for now since I have the remainder of the month to get a better deal.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
February 8th, 2007, 05:42 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad that you posted this cause I was thinking about using that coupon. I don't need diapers right now, I have 2 big boxes and half a jumbo pack right now.

February 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
CBMS
I noticed that the other day when I was responding to a thread about diapers... that's why I did the jumbo packs in the sample, and not the mega!

I didn't do the math to see if it's still a decent deal with the mega pack with the 1.50 off each (I think that's still pretty good, but I don't know the counts of the packs)...

I hope they go on sale again before the end of the month. For the rebate!
February 9th, 2007, 02:46 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'm trying to figure out this Walgreens rebate deal, and this question keeps popping up over and over ...

If I have manufactuer coupons for a product, does that decrease the rebate amount? Like, if I need $10 in Kimberly Clark (for example) and I buy $11 worth of retail product, then use $4 worth of coupons ... does the 11 count or will the final total of $8 count instead?

So confused ... Help me Walgreens Wonders!
February 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out this Walgreens rebate deal, and this question keeps popping up over and over ...

If I have manufactuer coupons for a product, does that decrease the rebate amount? Like, if I need $10 in Kimberly Clark (for example) and I buy $11 worth of retail product, then use $4 worth of coupons ... does the 11 count or will the final total of $8 count instead?

So confused ... Help me Walgreens Wonders![/b]
You just buy the appropriate amount--the retail price, sale price, etc is what counts for the rebates. You have to buy 20 dollars worth for the 10 dollar gift card rebate, so you can pick up two jumbo packs, use the walgreen's coupons for the 1.00 each, use the manuf coupons for the 1.50 or 2.00 each, and even though it's less than 20 dollars total, it's okay! That's the bonus in it all!! That's where the major savings are coming from--using the rebate program coupled with the coupons!
February 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Veteran
I have to tell you guys that I followed your advice with the diapers at Walgreens. My DH did not know what the fuss was as we did not need diapers, but I tried to explain it to him. Anyway, I went there last night and they were out of my DS's size. So, I asked the cashier and he told me that would get them in today. I was planning on buying the mega packs with my coupons. Anyway, I get there today and they still were not out. So, I asked a manager and he did not know because they had not unpacked the truck yet. So, he gave me $3 off the jumbo packs since the mega packs were on sale for $3 off. I got the jumbo packs for $7.99 a pack. I couldn't use the Walgreens coupons (because he was already giving me $3 off each one), but he also let me use my Huggies coupons ($1.50 x 2= $3). So, I got each jumbo pack for only $6.50!!!!! Plus, I will send in the rebate. Though, now I have to buy something else to equal the $20. DH and I had an appointment and could not stay. Anyway, THANKS for the advice!!!! I had never thought of Walgreens before and never used the Easy Saver books.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search