"What If" question

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2007, 06:05 AM
paganempath
If you suddenly woke up rich, what three things changes would you make that don't fit your frugal lifestyle? They don't have to be anything big or even permanent-- it could be just a one time thing. I would...

1. use Tide to wash my clothes-- it sounds hokey but I love the long-lasting smell and I just don't get that from the cheapy detergent I buy

2. get satellite tv-- we have basic satellite that's included in our rent but it's only about a dozen channels. I miss my good channels!!

3. go grocery shopping without a list or a budget-- grab whatever I want without looking at the price, but this would only happen once or twice though

What about you?
February 16th, 2007, 06:43 AM
CBMS
Well, since I'm a little more superficial than you and since I already use Tide (there are some things my husband refuses to compromise on!)

I would buy my husband a new boat... but one that would be big enough to take all of us out and be super comfy (can you say... 30 foot, big cabin?)

I would buy a brand smackin' new mini van

I would open a restaurant. That's a dream of mine. I worked in a restaurant for years; I love people, and I've always known I wanted my own restaurant...besides... can you also say child labor? lol I have a huge family and I could put them to work
February 16th, 2007, 08:04 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
~I would def buy a new mini-van (Toyota Sienna) and ttc #3 RIGHT NOW!

How rich are we exactly?
~Could I finance my church's new building project? If so, I'd be all over that.

~Take a fabulous family vacation and hire a nanny to come with us so that dh and I could sneak away in the evenings when the kids were in bed

February 16th, 2007, 08:28 AM
CBMS
Quote:
~I would def buy a new mini-van (Toyota Sienna) and ttc #3 RIGHT NOW!

How rich are we exactly?
~Could I finance my church's new building project? If so, I'd be all over that.

~Take a fabulous family vacation and hire a nanny to come with us so that dh and I could sneak away in the evenings when the kids were in bed
[/b]
That would help with the baby #3 issue.

There's lots more that I'd do... but since I had to pick three... lol
February 16th, 2007, 08:52 AM
paganempath
Wow, you two went for the big stuff! So I'll add my big stuff too.

1. I'd buy a house-- we saw models of a local home builder's homes and absolutely fell in love with the one they call The Cumberland. The master suite is so so huge you really can't comprehend it until you've seen it. I WILL have that house someday.

2. I would institute this idea I have for a shelter for homeless cats. It would be a big house where the caregivers would live there as well-- like nannies for the cats. All of the cats would be spayed/neutered and we'd also have our own vet on call 24/7. People could come and adopt them. But those who aren't adopted would live out their lives in a nice cage-free environment with plenty of people who love cats living with them and caring for them.

3. I'd own a bookstore. That's also one of my ideas. It's a bookstore in (what else?) a big house. Do you see a theme here? It would be a members-only bookstore that looks like a regular house. There would be bookshelves in each room and lots of comfy couches and chairs for reading. People would be encouraged to just sit around and read all day; it wouldn't matter if they bought anything. I guess it'd be more like a book club. And the kitchen would be a little cafe. We could even have a daycare room so moms could bring their kids.
February 16th, 2007, 11:39 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

3. I'd own a bookstore. That's also one of my ideas. It's a bookstore in (what else?) a big house. Do you see a theme here? It would be a members-only bookstore that looks like a regular house. There would be bookshelves in each room and lots of comfy couches and chairs for reading. People would be encouraged to just sit around and read all day; it wouldn't matter if they bought anything. I guess it'd be more like a book club. And the kitchen would be a little cafe. We could even have a daycare room so moms could bring their kids.
[/b]

February 19th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG I want to go to your bookstore!!!

February 20th, 2007, 06:15 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
Three things I would do if I were rich-

1. Build a home with 100 acres of land in WV. We want to retire there, because it is so beautiful and I would love to just have a huge country home with a ton of land. We could ride 4 wheelers, have a ton of animals and just have fun. Access to a river would also be awesome - for swimming, boating, lazy river days, etc.

2. Buy a new car. I've never had a new car, so I would get one with everything - including butt warmers. Haha!

3. Go on a European vacation with all the trimmings. I've always wanted to visit England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, Greece. And I like the "hire a nanny idea" That is perfect!

Thanks Typical Heroine!!

February 20th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1) Take two big vacations every year - one with the kids, one without.

2) Donate regularly to 2-3 charities.

3) Quit my job and just do freelance writing in my spare time.
February 20th, 2007, 09:43 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
1. Build a sustainable home on some land big enough to have animals to care for. I really want a home that can operate independently and that has little or no negative impact on the land or ecology around it. You know, water reprocessing, solar panels, giant garden, chickens, the whole shebang. I have this vision of my whole family (mom, brother, DH, etc) living all on one piece of land like my own little village. Yes, I'm crazy. B)

2. Have a cushy grocery budget where I don't HAVE to clip coupons or refund or whatever. Though I totally still would, 'cuz it's fun.

3. Buy a summer camp, rehab it, develop a new program, and run it for kids who can't otherwise go to summer camp.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search