February's results

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2007, 06:27 PM
CBMS
Here's mine:

amount budgeted for month: $110 Seems like a lot considering I'm not buying any meats and stuff this month! I guess planning for Maddie's bday adds some... I also put a little extra for each week in case I need a little something extra--or want a little something extra!

monthly over or (under): 12.50 over!!! (spent 2.66+15.50+42.80+14.13+31.18+6.23=122.50) I thought it would be much worse! Thank goodness I was too busy to shop for those couple weeks! lol

monthly total amount saved in specials and coupons: $47.61 + 16.75+ 2.59+ 21.48=88.43

MONTHLY RESULTS: OVER BUDGET!!!
February 26th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
MONTHLY TOTAL
spent: $367.94
saved: $221.70

This is for groceries, toiletries, pet supplies, and any else used in the house!!!

So this is more than what I wanted to spend, but we also ended up buying a lot more pet stuff this month than we usually have to(over $100 of it). Hopefully that means the next few months will be less. I am going to set my goal for March at $300 for everything and hoping time. It will be tough since there are 5 weekends and that's our spending time. If I broke it down and only counted the money spent at the grocery store, it would be about $240 (and that would still include a few household items).
February 27th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Veteran
total spent: $396.14
total under budget: $203 UNDER
total amount saved in specials and coupons: $253.79

My grocery costs incude diapers, toiletries, paper products - everything.

I am really proud of how I did. My family has traditionally spent 700-800 in groceries each month, so I considered it to be pretty ambitious to set a $600 budget for the month. And I beat it by a mile by getting really darn smart about how I shop. I have lowered my March budget to $450. If I can manage that, I'll be a ton closer to being able to become a WAHM than I had ever expected so early in the year!

February 27th, 2007, 05:45 AM
CBMS
Quote:
My grocery costs incude diapers, toiletries, paper products - everything.

I am really proud of how I did. My family has traditionally spent 700-800 in groceries each month, so I considered it to be pretty ambitious to set a $600 budget for the month. And I beat it by a mile by getting really darn smart about how I shop. I have lowered my March budget to $450. If I can manage that, I'll be a ton closer to being able to become a WAHM than I had ever expected so early in the year![/b]
That's GREAT! hooray for you staying so far below budget!!!
February 28th, 2007, 01:45 PM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
Well, this has really been eye opening for me. Apparently, I go to the grocery store a LOT! And I never really knew how much I spent on food. I need to pick my meals at the beginning of the week, and stick to that, and not just go to the store on a whim.

$250 should be enough of a budget for our food, and other household items. I just need to work on it.

I plan to keep track again in March to see if I can do better.

March 1st, 2007, 07:16 AM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Budget for food $400
Spent $386.

I want to go lower for next month. My food budget includes household items, and diapers...
March 1st, 2007, 11:21 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
amount budgeted for month: $400.00

monthly over or (under): UNDER!! ($178.05)

monthly total amount saved in specials and coupons: $144.85 + automatic discount of SAL

Edit: I forgot Walgreen's Rebates ... so an extra $25.49 in savings!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search