CVS question

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I never gone there before, but I am going to give it a try. I've just started using the Walgreens rebates and I've been happy with that so I figured I'd give CVS a go. My question is: Can I use a coupon for something that I would also get the extra bucks for? I am assuming so but I wanted to check to be sure. Also, if I sign up for the card do I have to wait before I buy something and get extra bucks (I realize I don't actually get the extra bucks immediately, but get credit for them) or will they give me some kind of temp card or do you get the real card right away?

Thanks!
March 4th, 2007, 03:13 PM
paganempath
You are going to love CVS because of how much money you can save. Yes, you can use manufacturer's and store coupons for items that give you extra bucks back. And when you sign up to get an extracare card, they give it to you right then. So you can get the card as soon as you get there and then shop--using the card to buy the extrabucks products that day. Then the extrabucks will begin printing two days later which means anytime after two days, the coupon will print up with the receipt of your next purchase.

I'll give you a pointer about coupons and CVS; it's one of the reasons I love shopping there: they let you use so many different types of coupons all together. For example, let's say you buy toothpaste. These are all the kinds of discounts you can use for that one tube of toothpaste: manufacturer's coupon, store coupon (these print out sometimes on your receipt and you can get flyers by mail too), & extrabucks coupon from earlier purchase. Plus if you are buying other things in addition to the toothpaste, you can use one of those save $4.00 on $20.00 purchase(they print out alot on your receipts) and if you get extrabucks on any of those purchases, you get that back in two days. I also like to do all of the above when the item is on sale.

Just today I was able to save over $16.00 and ended up paying $23.00 for items that would normally be well over $40, including getting formula for $11 when it was about $24 normal price. You can really take advantage of some great deals at CVS.
March 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the info!
March 5th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Veteran
I love CVS and save tons of money there.

I would add that if you are going to be serious about CVS, get online and set up an account, including putting in your extra care card number, and make sure you say you want to get notified of offers by Email. Then you'll get even more coupons from them. Also, when online, you can print off your extra care bucks to take to the store so if you don't want to wait for them to print off the register, you can get them that way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search