Wednesday's Whines

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2007, 07:02 AM
CBMS
dish it, girls...

I have to wait a whoooooooooooooole stinkin' week to see how I did on my speech last night. I so bad hate public speaking, and last night was my 8-10 minute speech (mine was 9min40sec). I did it on my baby girl. So I hope I did good, since I love talking about her. But I hate that I won't know one way or tother for a WHOLE ENTIRE WEEK!!!!

over budget, now I'm out of money and it's looking as though my DH may get laid off soon... In the past two weeks, they've gone from having a crew of 15 to 6!!! My husband and three other guys are the only supervisors left...and all of the other guys party with the big bosses... so I'm sure my DH--not being the party type--is the next to get the axe...

that's pretty much it for my complaints...

What about you?
March 28th, 2007, 07:29 AM
paganempath
I have some good news for you, Kim. The money order went out this morning so in 2-3 days you'll at least have some money.

Anywho.... oh, where shall I begin? So yesterday, the crap hit the fan again. Long story short-- there have been some disputes over child support with DH and his ex. Two months ago, they reached an agreement just between them and we've stuck to it diligently. So in the mail yesterday was a letter from the court saying that DH owes $24,000 in back child support and we have 15 days to start making payments to the court before they impose a judgment which I'm sure would garnish his wages and screw us big time.

The thing is that he DOES NOT owe $24,000. I have no clue where they got this amount and there are tons of circumstances that negate the entire thing. Basically they are saying that since he never made any payments through court since his wages were garnished several years ago, they consider that he never paid since then. Of course, he's paid alot since then directly to his ex and half the time the kids lived with him anyway while she drove over the road.

So it turns out that his ex applied for food stamps. And we told her not to because the state would step in and demand back child support. Uh.... who was right?? And then she failed to report to the food stamp office the support that we've been paying weekly for two months. So they are going to the courthouse next week to see if they can stop the proceedings by showing that they have their own agreement in place. She just messes everything up and I'm sooo sick of it. Why is my financial well-being dependent upon his dumba$$ ex?!
March 28th, 2007, 07:50 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I have some good news for you, Kim. The money order went out this morning so in 2-3 days you'll at least have some money.

Anywho.... oh, where shall I begin? So yesterday, the crap hit the fan again. Long story short-- there have been some disputes over child support with DH and his ex. Two months ago, they reached an agreement just between them and we've stuck to it diligently. So in the mail yesterday was a letter from the court saying that DH owes $24,000 in back child support and we have 15 days to start making payments to the court before they impose a judgment which I'm sure would garnish his wages and screw us big time.

The thing is that he DOES NOT owe $24,000. I have no clue where they got this amount and there are tons of circumstances that negate the entire thing. Basically they are saying that since he never made any payments through court since his wages were garnished several years ago, they consider that he never paid since then. Of course, he's paid alot since then directly to his ex and half the time the kids lived with him anyway while she drove over the road.

So it turns out that his ex applied for food stamps. And we told her not to because the state would step in and demand back child support. Uh.... who was right?? And then she failed to report to the food stamp office the support that we've been paying weekly for two months. So they are going to the courthouse next week to see if they can stop the proceedings by showing that they have their own agreement in place. She just messes everything up and I'm sooo sick of it. Why is my financial well-being dependent upon his dumba$$ ex?!
[/b]
I sure hope you aren't paying with CASH!!! (or at least getting her to sign a receipt, if you are!)

Good luck! you're stressing more than me, I think.
March 28th, 2007, 08:44 AM
paganempath
No cash-- never!! She used to get cash from him before I was here, but there's a new sheriff in town. I'd prefer checks but DH has a problem getting a checking account. So we use money orders so at least there's a record of something being paid every week. And half of the support is in the form of paying off the orthodontist bill directly to the office and having insurance on the kids that we pay directly to the office also. I don't trust that chick any further than I can throw her.
March 28th, 2007, 09:30 AM
CBMS
Quote:
No cash-- never!! She used to get cash from him before I was here, but there's a new sheriff in town. I'd prefer checks but DH has a problem getting a checking account. So we use money orders so at least there's a record of something being paid every week. And half of the support is in the form of paying off the orthodontist bill directly to the office and having insurance on the kids that we pay directly to the office also. I don't trust that chick any further than I can throw her.[/b]

Good to know the sheriff in your town is on top of things.

Men are so stilly--those things just don't occur to them...

like mine--he never even made the chick prove the kid is his... they had only fooled around a couple times (not that it can't happen; I know it can... but come on--at least make sure!!), and she then took off so he couldn't even see 'his son' for years and then all of a sudden she expects him to have a relationship with him!! I don't even think it's his kid! He's like 6 feet tall already (at 15/now 16), and my husband is only 5'6'' if he stands on his tippytoes... that's my first clue, there are others... and this is the kid that gets hooked up if something should happen to my husband. The child that he's sure is his? Nothing.

That still makes me so seriously angry it isn't funny... the ungrateful 'son' didn't even call to say thank you for the money we scraped to give him for Christmas...

anyway... I guess that can be attributed to another whine on my part.
March 28th, 2007, 02:08 PM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my whine seems kinda silly when I read your guys but I will post anyways!
DH spent a ton of money on soccer tickets for this weekend. They are series A tickets (don't know if anyone knows anything about european soccer, but it is the highest you get in soccer here) and the game is far away so we have to also spend a small fortune in gas as well! He wants to take me, it was a surprise!! (I would have loved a night out to eat for the third of the cost, since he never surprises me with a night out to eat , and the funny thing is I can't even stand soccer!! ) But isn't he sweet to be thinking of me!!!
Back ladies, back!!! , this sweet wonderful man is all mine!!!
Kimberly

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search