Fantastic Fridays

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2007, 06:44 AM
CBMS
TGIF!!!!

So--what are your plans???

We are going to the park again today... I am going to go nuts with these kids being indoors--I gotta get them outside for a while. My baby got filthy dirty when we went to the park on Wednesday.

but she loved it... and the swing!

any weekend plans? We are going to church tomorrow morning, and then we have dinner tomorrow night with my parents and two of my nieces and a couple of my parent's friends, and then Sunday we are going to the sunrise service (if I can get up early enough ) and then to a church breakfast. The church stuff takes so much time b/c we attend church an hour away from our house. I'll be thankful for back to school on Monday, quite frankly.
April 6th, 2007, 07:09 AM
paganempath
Awww... Maddie looks so cute playing in the dirt! Little kids love dirt and sand. I was always in my sandbox when I was little. We had an outdoor faucet and my mom would let me get water and take it to the sandbox to make mudpies. Then I'd roll around until I got filthy. That was so much fun.

As for me, no weekend plans at all. I don't want to spend any extra money right now so there's not much to do. Plus DH's stepmom is borrowing the truck on Sunday so we can't take the baby anywhere 'cause that's the only vehicle with room for her carseat. It looks like a Scrabble weekend for me.
April 6th, 2007, 07:37 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Awww... Maddie looks so cute playing in the dirt![/b]
Thanks! We think so too. She's so funny, too.

Quote:
It looks like a Scrabble weekend for me.[/b]

I LOVE SCRABBLE!!!! And Boggle, too--ever play that? I knew we'd get along IRL.

My husband and I were looking at houses for sale yesterday, and we saw a house in your city, near lake Olivia (I think?) It's a 3/2 (which is what we need) and it's a very reasonable 108,000! If he could find a job there, we'd really consider moving.
April 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM
paganempath
No, I've never played Boggle before. I love to play Scrabble, but DH usually beats me. He has to spend 10 minutes every turn contemplating every single possibility and I just don't have the patience to do that so I don't get the max points I could. I like card games too-- Skipbo, Phase 10, Uno. Do you like any of those. My most recent kick is Canasta on Pogo. Yeah, I think we'd get along great IRL!

Wow, that house sounds like a great deal! That'd be cool if you were able to move. I just talked to DH and I know exactly where Lake Olivia is. It's out in what's called Avon Park estates and it's a nice neighborhood. I actually have an idea for a job for your DH. Does he have a CDL or would he be willing to do a job that requires one? The big employer here is Jahna Concrete; DH is a dump truck driver for them. He just said the other day that they fired some people lately so they have spots available. Basically they employ mixer drivers, block truck drivers, others such as loaders. They all get paid different amounts-- the average being about $9/hr. for a new employee. They're really good at giving raises and also giving you time off when you need it. DH gets 65 hours a week and after his individual insurance, brings home $700. That's not bad considering Avon Park is pretty cheap to live in. Gee, I should work for the chamber of commerce!
April 6th, 2007, 09:05 AM
CBMS
I'm not sure we could live on that. My DH makes more than double that...

He is at 21/hr. right now--course, he gets very little OT, so maybe with all that OT it's pretty close. We have oh so many bills to pay... He would have to find another party chief position anywhere we move. He isn't qualified to make very much money as any other type of worker...so he's not allowed to get out of his field.

oh... btw...

I like Uno, rook, rummy... and I don't know how to play skip bo, and I've never heard of phase 10. There's another game I like but I can't remember the name at the moment.

Well... I'm headed to the park, now. I'll be back in a bit.
April 6th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She looks like she had a great time! Dirt is so good for kids!!!

April 6th, 2007, 01:50 PM
CBMS
I so can't remember the name of that other game... maybe you know what it is if I just desribe it...

You get a rack...

LMBO!

It's Racko... never mind. I guess I should have tried sorting it out in my head earlier! I've been thinking and thinking... when all I had to say was "rack"

Ever play that one? It's fun, too!

BTW!!!

Do you have club pogo???

I'm so much a pogo junkie....

April 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
paganempath
Quote:
I so can't remember the name of that other game... maybe you know what it is if I just desribe it...

You get a rack...

LMBO!

It's Racko... never mind. I guess I should have tried sorting it out in my head earlier! I've been thinking and thinking... when all I had to say was "rack"

Ever play that one? It's fun, too!

BTW!!!

Do you have club pogo???

I'm so much a pogo junkie....

[/b]
OMG!! I remember Racko! We're probably the only people on earth who remember that game. We played that all the time when we were kids. You might have heard of this one then-- Staying Alive. It was a marble game that had these things that the marbles sat on and they moved back and forth. You moved one horizontally and one vertically each turn and the object was to make the other person's marbles fall through holes underneath the thingies. Could I be any more vague?

Skipbo and Phase 10 are from the same company as Uno and they're both really fun. My best friend and I used to stay up all night playing Skipbo with my stepmom.

I don't have club pogo, but DH does so I play on his. I'm on it waaay too much. His screenname is coffeetim6; I'm sure you'll see me around sometime. If it's a poker room, that's DH. And if it's anything else, it's probably me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search