CVS ad

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So this is the 2nd time I haven't had a CVS ad in my paper...do you still get one? I know I can look at the ad online but to me it's faster/easier with the paper copy!!
April 15th, 2007, 10:07 AM
CBMS
There are LOTS of times I don't get mine... I thought it was just because someone was taking it out (we use a box to buy ours so we don't have to pay tax) for the cover coupons... maybe it's just that CVS doesn't always put them in the paper?!
April 15th, 2007, 10:34 AM
CBMS
Just wanted to let you know that I did get mine, and it--in fact--does have the $3 coupon. I think somebody ripped you off!
April 15th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
GRRR!
April 15th, 2007, 11:21 AM
paganempath
I got mine. Just wanted to let you know: there's a free umbrella stroller up for grabs when you buy $20 worth of baby products listed on one of the pages.
April 15th, 2007, 11:35 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I got mine. Just wanted to let you know: there's a free umbrella stroller up for grabs when you buy $20 worth of baby products listed on one of the pages. [/b]
woot! I saw that, and I'm so in there! I have coupons ready and everything.
April 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
I got mine. Just wanted to let you know: there's a free umbrella stroller up for grabs when you buy $20 worth of baby products listed on one of the pages. [/b]
woot! I saw that, and I'm so in there! I have coupons ready and everything.
[/b]

Hehe... Kim's giving up the boycott for the free stroller! I'm gonna get it too. It's really only $17 with the $3 off coupon plus any other coupons you have. I'll have to wait until I get the Huggies coupons this week from a trade. I saw the Enfamil on sale and soooo wanted to just buy that and be done with the entire $20. But I don't need formula. I haven't even used the whole first can yet. MUST-- NOT-- BUY --FORMULA! * ugh... that hurt...*
April 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM
CBMS
Less than that for me!

Here's what I'm getting:

two packs of diapers @ 9.00 = 18.00
one pack of wipes @ 2.50
free stroller
total: 20.50

coupons:
2x1.50 for diapers=3.00
1x.75 for wipes
1x3.00 off purchase
1x1.50 extra bucks
total: 8.25

GRAND TOTAL: 20.50+ tax = 21.93-8.25=13.68 (if only I could do math. I rounded the wrong way. lol)

That's how much the stroller would be all alone, so it's kind of like all the other stuff is FREE!

and yes, I'll give up my boycott for today.
April 15th, 2007, 04:08 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
I knew someone would tell me how to do that deal the best. Thanks Kim!

ETA: Oh yeah, I have quite a few $ in ECB waiting to be spent too.
April 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Now that EB are printing right away...do you think they would care if I made 2 separate purchases...such as buy gum, kisses, and Tresemme (which I have coupons for all of them) get my 3 EB back for the gum and kisses and then make a 2nd purchase of my diapers and such for the stroller and then I'd use the 3EB from the 1st purchase too. I suppose I'll try it and see what they say?!?
April 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
paganempath
Quote:
Now that EB are printing right away...do you think they would care if I made 2 separate purchases...such as buy gum, kisses, and Tresemme (which I have coupons for all of them) get my 3 EB back for the gum and kisses and then make a 2nd purchase of my diapers and such for the stroller and then I'd use the 3EB from the 1st purchase too. I suppose I'll try it and see what they say?!?[/b]
That should be fine since the EB do print right away now. They wouldn't care if you made a purchase, left, then came back for the next purchase, so they shouldn't care if you just do it all at once. Unless they wanna be difficult, of course. Go for it!
April 15th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Veteran
I am so mad!!!! We don't have a CVS right here. They are building one, but it is not finished yet. Anyway, when I read the posts earlier about the sale, I decided to make a special trip in order to apply for my Extra Care card and get the free stoller. So, I went to a CVS in another town, not too far and they did not have the strollers!!!! The young guy said they would probably get them tomorrow. My DH said it is probably a rip off and they probably won't get them. Anyone else have this problem????

Also, what is the $3 coupon??? We did not have an ad in our paper, so I went online to look at it and did not see anything about it online or in the ad in the store. Is this a coupon you got printed out with your card???
April 15th, 2007, 06:12 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I am so mad!!!! We don't have a CVS right here. They are building one, but it is not finished yet. Anyway, when I read the posts earlier about the sale, I decided to make a special trip in order to apply for my Extra Care card and get the free stoller. So, I went to a CVS in another town, not too far and they did not have the strollers!!!! The young guy said they would probably get them tomorrow. My DH said it is probably a rip off and they probably won't get them. Anyone else have this problem????

Also, what is the $3 coupon??? We did not have an ad in our paper, so I went online to look at it and did not see anything about it online or in the ad in the store. Is this a coupon you got printed out with your card???[/b]

It's not a scam. I got mine! They cost 12.99, but then it comes off at the end.

It was on the cover of the ads in the paper; it's not in the ads that are in the store, and it doesn't print out there...

I actually ended up getting mine a little differently...

I got one pack of diapers (used a 1.50 coupon), two packs of nutripals (each with a 1.50 coupon), two packs of wipes (one .75 coupon, and one 1.00 coupon), and the stroller. My total was only 11. 92 after my 3.00 coupon and my 1.50 EB. woot!

OHHHH!

And the total savings was:

dun dun dun

I love love love love saving more than I spend!
April 15th, 2007, 08:15 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so mad. I didn't get a CVS ad in my paper. I saw the coupon online and was so upset when I got my paper and the ad wasn't there.

April 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
3 more weeks until I move close enough to a CVS to make it worth it. 3 more weeks ... you all are killing me.
April 16th, 2007, 04:11 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
I got the last stroller at our CVS. It wasn't as cute as the one in the ad, but hey, what are you going to do.

I got 2 packs of Pull-ups and a pack of sippy cups.
2 x $9 = $18 + $4.99 = $22.99

Coupons:
$2 off Pull-ups
$2 off Pull-ups
$3 coupon from ad
$7 in ECB

With tax it was $10.15!
April 17th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Veteran
I'm going to CVS tomorrow. I'll get:

4 packs Huggies pullups, using $8 in coupons
4 packs Cottonelle wipes, using $2 in coupons
1 pack gum (free when I use my coupon)
Shout spray (w/coupon)
Listerine

I also have $39.47 in Extra Care Bucks.

So, after tax, I expect to only pay 3.77 AND I'll get a free stroller if they have any left. YEAH!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search