Steals and deals of the week!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2007, 05:03 AM
CBMS
Put your best purchase of the week here.

So far, I'd say that mine is the 11.92 for a pack of diapers, two things of wipes, two things of nutripals, and the stroller...

What about you?
April 17th, 2007, 05:13 AM
paganempath
I haven't had any good deals this week. The only thing that really qualifies would be the free toothpaste I got at CVS. They sent a flyer that had a coupon for a free tube of Aqua Fresh White & Shine toothpaste which is the kind I love. So that's it, I guess. I've really cut back on spending at CVS lately so I don't get the deals I used to. I'm not even going to get the free stroller. I'd end up spending about $15 just to get it and I'm in a cheap mood lately.
April 17th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where are you ladies getting these deals...free stroller, cheap diapers?

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

April 17th, 2007, 05:52 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Where are you ladies getting these deals...free stroller, cheap diapers?[/b]
CVS Pharmacy. Do you have one near where you live? If you do, I highly recommend getting their extra care card and taking advantage of the extra bucks program and all their sales. I'll give you more details if you need them.
April 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Quote:
CVS Pharmacy. Do you have one near where you live? If you do, I highly recommend getting their extra care card and taking advantage of the extra bucks program and all their sales. I'll give you more details if you need them.
[/b]
I do and I do. I just don't get anything free very often. I used to get free diapers, but they don't do that anymore. Also, I've never seen a free stroller. Maybe I need to look at the ad more closely!

April 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I do and I do. I just don't get anything free very often. I used to get free diapers, but they don't do that anymore. Also, I've never seen a free stroller. Maybe I need to look at the ad more closely!
[/b]
Here is the link for the info about the free stroller. If they're all out of stock (which seems to be quite common), I would demand a rain check. As for the other free things, try to get the items that get you the extra bucks and use coupons with them if possible. That's the best way to end up with free items. Sometimes you can get free things accidentally or save more money than they intended. Once I got a package of pads that were advertised at $4.99 with $4.99 in extra bucks. So they were already free, but I got even a better deal. When I got to the store, they were on clearance for $4.69. They actually paid me 30 cents to take them. I'm sure it wasn't their intention, but it works for me!
April 17th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B. @ Apr 17 2007, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Here is the link for the info about the free stroller. If they're all out of stock (which seems to be quite common), I would demand a rain check. As for the other free things, try to get the items that get you the extra bucks and use coupons with them if possible. That's the best way to end up with free items. Sometimes you can get free things accidentally or save more money than they intended. Once I got a package of pads that were advertised at $4.99 with $4.99 in extra bucks. So they were already free, but I got even a better deal. When I got to the store, they were on clearance for $4.69. They actually paid me 30 cents to take them. I'm sure it wasn't their intention, but it works for me!
[/b][/quote]
Thanks! I clicked on your link. My prices are even less than yours. I'm in IN. I got that ad but I guess I threw it away without looking at it.

April 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My deal this week would also have to be from my CVS run...

I got 2 packages of diapers, 2 gerber banana puffs (they were out of wipes), the stroller, a 40 oz. bottle of hair conditioner, and 2 bags of hershey's kisses for 13.94! The stroller I got is really cute! Light blue with squares with animals in them.
April 18th, 2007, 11:04 AM
CBMS
OK... I just got back from Publix, and I think I did even better than my CVS trip the other day. I only went to grab some organic milk for the baby and a couple kid cuisines (I don't usually get those, but because they were BOGO and I had .75 coupons, I thought I'd get them for a quickie dinner sometime--I mean, at .62 each, how can you really go wrong?)... anyway...

here's the list of what I got:

1/2 gallon organic valley 2% milk (two coupons; 1.50 manu and 1.00 store coupon)
2 boxes Special K bars (BOGO)
1 silk smoothie (on sale and .75 coupon)
4 kid cuisines (BOGO and 1.50 in coupons)
2 packs of Gogurts for after school snacks (2/4 + .75 coupon)
1 Yoplait smoothie (on sale and .55 coupon)
1 large tub Publix vanilla yogurt (for the baby; 1.00 coupon)
1 yoplait nutrition smoothie (for the baby; on sale and .75 coupon)
1 bag Fresh Express spinach (on sale; 1.00 coupon)

Grand total: 11.84. woot!!

My total savings were 18.38.

I like Publix.
April 18th, 2007, 11:30 AM
paganempath
Good job, Kim. I have mixed feelings about Publix. It's weird how some products are cheaper than Winn Dixie and Walmart and then some are much more expensive. I don't get it. I've been picking up things there more frequently than I used to though. The fancy feast canned cat food is cheaper there than Winn Dixie and even though it's more than Walmart, they have more variety. And my cats are spoiled-- they like their variety. One thing I do love about Publix is that you don't need a special card for their sales; it's so much easier.
April 18th, 2007, 12:34 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Good job, Kim. I have mixed feelings about Publix. It's weird how some products are cheaper than Winn Dixie and Walmart and then some are much more expensive. I don't get it. I've been picking up things there more frequently than I used to though. The fancy feast canned cat food is cheaper there than Winn Dixie and even though it's more than Walmart, they have more variety. And my cats are spoiled-- they like their variety. One thing I do love about Publix is that you don't need a special card for their sales; it's so much easier.[/b]

That's why I shop only for loss leaders. If it's not the absolutely rock bottom price, I don't bother.

I have enough time to do all that comparison stuff, though. (FOR NOW!)
April 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM
paganempath
I was inspired to go to Publix to use my coupons for free products. It turns out they had nothing that I wanted so I ended up going to Winn Dixie instead. I didn't get alot, but I didn't have to spend alot either. Here's what I got:

2 boxes of chicken/pork breading-- on sale 2/$3.00 and BOGO w/coupon
2 Special K meal bars -- both free w/coupons

Total spent-- $1. 50

Total saved --$4.52

Plus I didn't have my coupon on me so I'm going back to Publix to get Special K cereal bars-- they're BOGO. And I have a $.75 coupon so two boxes will be $2.14. Two boxes at Walmart would be $4.00 so I'm gonna kill on that deal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search