It's Friday! yay!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2007, 09:41 AM
CBMS
Not here... boring, same old thing...

ugh.

I do hope you all have a more exciting weekend than me!
April 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
paganempath
Oh yes, I have a most exciting weekend of grocery shopping planned. Same ol' same ol' here too...
April 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BIG grocery shopping to stock up before the baby comes. I think we're going to like 4-5 stores to save the most money. We'll still spend about $600 or a little more, but we should be good to go for a few months then. I can't wait! I'm sure I'll be really tired tomorrow night though!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

April 20th, 2007, 02:07 PM
paganempath
Quote:
BIG grocery shopping to stock up before the baby comes. I think we're going to like 4-5 stores to save the most money. We'll still spend about $600 or a little more, but we should be good to go for a few months then. I can't wait! I'm sure I'll be really tired tomorrow night though![/b]
Have fun stocking up on the baby things! It's so nice to have a big stockpile so you don't have to worry about running out of things for the first few months. When Alisha was born, I had 650 diapers. I had lots of coupons and whenever CVS had diapers on sale, I snatched them up. They did last for quite awhile.
April 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
CBMS
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove stock up shopping!

I do that after taxes every year. I get enough toilet paper and paper towels for at least six months, and then I add to them whenever there's a great deal... and I buy tons of diapers (last year I had about 600 diapers also, and this year, I got about 500 and pull ups). I stock up the pantry and freezers, and then I just add to my stock piles all year. That way, if we have a super tight month [or two] we still have plenty of toilet paper, food, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. The deodorant I bought LAST year is still stockpiled! We haven't bought any in over a year now, and I think we're good for at least another 12 months! lol
April 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM
paganempath
I can top my 600 diapers-- you should see my pads/tampons collection. I bought so many when CVS and Walgreens kept having the really good deals-- my best deal was the Walgreens rebate where I got 96 pads for free! And then I went on the pill and AF got lighter and shortened by two days so I barely use any now. I'm set for over a year with the pads now, seriously.
April 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I can top my 600 diapers-- you should see my pads/tampons collection. I bought so many when CVS and Walgreens kept having the really good deals-- my best deal was the Walgreens rebate where I got 96 pads for free! And then I went on the pill and AF got lighter and shortened by two days so I barely use any now. I'm set for over a year with the pads now, seriously. [/b]

ME TOO! I stocked up BIG TIME when they had those sales, and then I got knocked up! So I think I might have enough for like 2 years by the time I go through the pregnancy and have no AF b/c of breastfeeding! Figures.
April 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
I can top my 600 diapers-- you should see my pads/tampons collection. I bought so many when CVS and Walgreens kept having the really good deals-- my best deal was the Walgreens rebate where I got 96 pads for free! And then I went on the pill and AF got lighter and shortened by two days so I barely use any now. I'm set for over a year with the pads now, seriously. [/b]

ME TOO! I stocked up BIG TIME when they had those sales, and then I got knocked up! So I think I might have enough for like 2 years by the time I go through the pregnancy and have no AF b/c of breastfeeding! Figures.
[/b]
I remember a loooong time ago when I first started getting free samples online. I got some OB tampons in the mail and was anxiously awaiting AF so I could try them. Wouldn't you know it-- I was already pregnant but didn't know yet. It was literally a year before I got to use them. Oh, and I know something else that gets you pregnant: talk about DH getting a vasectomy. We had decided we wouldn't try for kids and he'd get the ol' snip. That was the same time period as the aforementioned tampon incident-- yep, knocked up.
April 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You gals are funny!

We are stocking up on food (particularly meats, pastas, and cheeses) and some baby things. I plan on going to Kroger (did tonight), Save-a-Lot (next week), then tomorrow we'll go to Wal-mart, Dollar Tree, Aldi's, and Target. We also got a $30 Applebee's gift card for Christmas, so DH and I are eating out too. Aiden's staying with MIL.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search