Groceris, Tolietries, Miscellaneous, OH MY!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OH MY! Well, I've only been keeping really careful track of stuff for the past four months. So I'm still getting an idea of what we really spend. I've been trying to stick to $75 a week for everything-groceries, toiletries, pet supplies, household supplies, etc., but it's just not working!!! Our dog was sick this week and we went though multiple rolls of paper towels plus we had to spend over $30 on carpet shower and pet stain enzyme. We also had to get more water softener salt-we've been going through a lot lately, a few bags of rock for the landscaping, humidifier pad, oil, oil filter, and air filter for the new car, just to name some of the stuff. How much do most of you budget for misc stuff, since that is what this stuff seems to fall under. I think my new goal will be to be less than $100 for all of this. BOO HOO!
April 22nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
paganempath
I don't have a specific budget for miscellaneous expenses. I use the envelope system and break down my grocery money into smaller categories: baby items in one, pet supplies in one, and then everything else in another one. It gives me enough money for food each week since I'm not spending it on cat food or diapers.

Maybe you could try breaking down your budget as well. You could have pet supplies, household incidentals, and automotive supplies separate from your regular food/toiletries money. And any money you don't spend on those things that week just gets rolled over into the next week so you always have a supply of funds for those specific things when you DO need them. And you could do the same for a miscellaneous fund to use for other things such as school-related expenses, etc.
April 22nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not that we didn't HAVE the money for it, I just didn't want to spend it, even though everything was needed. I'm become quite a tight wad lately!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search