My absolutely kick booty sale today!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
CBMS
I went to Walgreen's with a couple of my gift cards planning to get the olives, pringles, water, and a few other things on sale that I had coupons for... I wandered to the clearance section, and LOW AND BEHOLD!!! I find four packs of size 1 and 2 (2 of each) Huggies baby fit diapers marked down to *5.49*!!! I had my 1.50 coupons in the car, so I got them for only 3.99 a pack!!! The stock up has totally begun...

Coolest part was that I got the three 15 packs of water, four packs of diapers, three things of olives, three containers of pringles, a thing of baby sunblock (also on clearance), and a thing of kids' sunblock (again--clearance), and my total out of pocket was only .46! Gotta like that.
May 22nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
paganempath
Who says you need to have money to shop? Kim doesn't need money to shop. No no no...

I'm on the diaper stock-up kick too. I have tons of coupons that I need to use before they expire and they keep putting the Huggies on sale at CVS. But I was forced to get size 4's instead of 3's the other day since apparently whatever size my baby is in at the moment, all the other babies in the town are too.
May 22nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Nice deal!

I also had a 'kick booty' sale day. It was bi-weekly shopping day, so I hit the trifecta (SAL, Costco, Meijer) to get all the great loss leaders. Brats, bologna, lemonade mix were all Buy 1, Get 2! Dry pasta was Buy 2, Get 2! I was going to go to Walgreens, but I forgot the cooler at home, so I couldn't risk it in 80 degree weather with the cold food.

I got 15 rolls of paper towel (Bounty) for 1.98 total today because the pricing people priced it 2.48 instead of the regular 11.99, AND I had a $1 off coupon for Bounty. Hooray!

And! While I was waiting (yes, waiting) for SAL to open, I ran in to use the bathroom at Family Fare (local-ish grocery) because they were open. I never go there, their prices are ridiculous. On the way to the bathroom, I found one of those things that shoots the coupons out at you in the aisle. It was for FREE 8 ct Sara Lee hot dog buns with the purchase of 2 packs of Hillshire Brats. Well, don't you know I was already planning to buy them at Meijer because of the sale this week. So, I snatched up a wee handful of them, and once I got to Meijer, got $5 worth of hot dog buns for FREE by using them with my 6 packages of brats (2 each on 3 pks of buns) only 2 of which I paid for because of the sale. Muahahaha!

Total grocery bill: $190 and change. I paid: $84 and change. When I find my reciept in my purse, I'll update my grocery challenge thing, but until then, I feel like I triumped over the grocery store!
May 23rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
paganempath
Mandi, I agree that your trip was a triumph! Don't you love it when people price things wrong?! I remember a few years ago, I would buy the convenience packaged Hormel bacon. It was $5.99 a package, but some of them were priced at $2.99 a pack. So I snatched up about 4 of them. I ended up getting one for free since it rang up higher and they gave me the discounted price on all the others. Hooray for mistakes!
May 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My CVS had the Huggies size 1 and 2 on clearance too, I wonder why?? They're probably changing packaging or something odd like that, but who cares- a deal is a STEAL!!!
May 23rd, 2007, 07:04 PM
CBMS
Quote:
My CVS had the Huggies size 1 and 2 on clearance too, I wonder why?? They're probably changing packaging or something odd like that, but who cares- a deal is a STEAL!!![/b]

How good were they priced? Mine was Walgreen's... does this week have a deal on the Huggies--like buy so many dollars worth and get extra bucks? I wonder if the clearance ones count... hmmmmmmm......

I think that they are clearancing them because they started making the baby fits look like the old supremes. They're really cute.
May 23rd, 2007, 07:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't remember what the price was, but I "think" it was 7 or 8 something for the pack that's bigger(why can I never remember if jumbo or mega is bigger???)

They are having spend $25, get $5 EB.

I ended up not getting any...they don't carry the size of pullups (2t/3t) in the size that was on sale for 12.99 this week. I'm really hoping Walgreens has a deal in June!
May 23rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
CBMS
These are the new baby fits:
May 23rd, 2007, 07:16 PM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
My CVS had the Huggies size 1 and 2 on clearance too, I wonder why?? They're probably changing packaging or something odd like that, but who cares- a deal is a STEAL!!![/b]

How good were they priced? Mine was Walgreen's... does this week have a deal on the Huggies--like buy so many dollars worth and get extra bucks? I wonder if the clearance ones count... hmmmmmmm......

I think that they are clearancing them because they started making the baby fits look like the old supremes. They're really cute.
[/b]
There is a sale on Huggies products this week. Check out this page of the CVS flyer for details. Since the ad says specifically "these" products, I don't know if they'd let you do clearance ones. Maybe if they were the mega packs, you could. Ask and see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search