Just thought I would share

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
They have on sale this week Pepsi products, 12 pack cans, 4 for $11. If you go to their website, they have $1.00 coupons. I printed 4 coupons, so that will make 4 12 packs for $7.00. Not bad!!

May 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
paganempath
My closest Target is 45 minutes away. Needless to say, I miss out on all the good deals they have. Drats...
May 23rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
CBMS
Quote:
My closest Target is 45 minutes away. Needless to say, I miss out on all the good deals they have. Drats...[/b]

Are you serious? I'd go insane! I have a Target about 45 seconds from me... that's my favorite store. I love their clearance sales!
May 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
My closest Target is 45 minutes away. Needless to say, I miss out on all the good deals they have. Drats...[/b]

Are you serious? I'd go insane! I have a Target about 45 seconds from me... that's my favorite store. I love their clearance sales!
[/b]
Yep, the closest we have is in Lakeland. We are in the middle of nowhere here. But on the plus side, there's a serious building boom in Sebring which is only 10 minutes away. They're putting in a Marshalls, Sam's Club (I think), Petco, Bed Bath & Beyond (yay!), and an Olive Garden. I hope a Target isn't far behind. And Avon Park is getting a brand new Walmart Supercenter which will be five minutes away from me.
May 23rd, 2007, 11:51 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Yep, the closest we have is in Lakeland. We are in the middle of nowhere here. But on the plus side, there's a serious building boom in Sebring which is only 10 minutes away. They're putting in a Marshalls, Sam's Club (I think), Petco, Bed Bath & Beyond (yay!), and an Olive Garden. I hope a Target isn't far behind. And Avon Park is getting a brand new Walmart Supercenter which will be five minutes away from me.
[/b]

I have a supercenter less than five minutes from here, too, but I absolutely downright refuse to go there again.
May 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paganempath @ May 23 2007, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>My closest Target is 45 minutes away. Needless to say, I miss out on all the good deals they have. Drats...[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I have a supercenter less than five minutes from here, too, but I absolutely downright refuse to go there again.
[/b][/quote]

Oh no, what's the Walmart story? Have I heard this one before?
May 23rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
CBMS
I'm sure you have. I've boycotted them since I was pregnant for Madeline.

The cashier rang up my WIC, and then came around from her station and said, "would you please pick up your stuff so I can make sure you don't have anything that belongs to us in your cart." I was like! "excuse me?!" She said, "it's standard procedure. pick up your stuff." meanwhile... the people behind me are giving me looks like I was guilty of stealing! I was like, "no this isn't standard procedure. I shop here all the time and I've never been treated like this!" She said, "well, I'll ask the managers, but I'm telling you--it's standard." I said, "you're ###### right you're going to ask a manager! RIGHT NOW! I want one here!"

anyway... I let them know that I wouldn't be back there, and that I had to pass the Target to get there and get treated like a criminal. I told them I would no longer pass Target to get to their POS store.... and I haven't been there since.
May 23rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
paganempath
Quote:
I'm sure you have. I've boycotted them since I was pregnant for Madeline.

The cashier rang up my WIC, and then came around from her station and said, "would you please pick up your stuff so I can make sure you don't have anything that belongs to us in your cart." I was like! "excuse me?!" She said, "it's standard procedure. pick up your stuff." meanwhile... the people behind me are giving me looks like I was guilty of stealing! I was like, "no this isn't standard procedure. I shop here all the time and I've never been treated like this!" She said, "well, I'll ask the managers, but I'm telling you--it's standard." I said, "you're ###### right you're going to ask a manager! RIGHT NOW! I want one here!"

anyway... I let them know that I wouldn't be back there, and that I had to pass the Target to get there and get treated like a criminal. I told them I would no longer pass Target to get to their POS store.... and I haven't been there since. [/b]
Sounds like she was on a little power trip, eh? Standard procedure, my butt. I hate the way some people think: WIC=poor, poor=thief. WTH? I wouldn't go back there either. They can take their "stuff that belongs to us" and keep it.

I had a problem like that one time. In fact, two instances in the same day a few years ago. I went to the grocery store and the cashier had already rung up the milk because I always put it up first. She gets to the end, sees the milk in the cart, and says, " And the milk?" I'm like, " You already rang it up! Look on the receipt." Sure enough, it was on there. Yes, I'm trying to steal two freakin' gallons of milk while spending $50 on everything else.

Then I went to the bank to cash a check. She looked at my ID and said, " And who is Teri Mills to you?" I gave her an incredulous look and said, " Ummm.... ME?!!!" I had blond hair on the ID and had dyed my hair brown since then. I guess it's a great disguise. Oh, she caught me! I like to find or steal checks and pass them off as my own. Especially for the large sum of $100.
May 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have 4 Targets within a 15-20 minute drive and a new one is being built 5 minutes away.

I am also not a big fan of Walmart. We usually only try to go about 2-3 times a year, usually when we stock up on oil, oil filters, air filters, etc.
May 23rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Is it a Target specific $1 off coupon? I will have to go look. You see, Meijer (for us lucky Northerners) has Pepsi 12 packs on sale 4/$11 as well, and when you buy four, you get 3 FREE 2 liters. Now, I think there's enough left in the return money ... if that $1 off doesn't say Target on it, we may be in business. Haha.

And, I don't go to Wal-Mart either ... ever. They're being sued (or were ... the numbers change a lot) in 27 states for violations of the state and US labor codes including (but not limited to) discrimination against women and minorities in management positions, over-llimiting of part time hours, mandatory unpaid over time, harassment, general crappy behavior-ness, etc etc. They're also really good at destroying locally owned business and grass roots economies while getting commissions brokering deals for companies that supply them to move overseas so they can get the goods for cheaper (see: Vlasic Pickles, Wolverine Boots, Master Lock, etc). I could't go into our Wal-Mart anymore if I tried. I think they have my picture on the Least Wanted list somewhere.
May 24th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Is it a Target specific $1 off coupon? I will have to go look. You see, Meijer (for us lucky Northerners) has Pepsi 12 packs on sale 4/$11 as well, and when you buy four, you get 3 FREE 2 liters. Now, I think there's enough left in the return money ... if that $1 off doesn't say Target on it, we may be in business. Haha.

And, I don't go to Wal-Mart either ... ever. They're being sued (or were ... the numbers change a lot) in 27 states for violations of the state and US labor codes including (but not limited to) discrimination against women and minorities in management positions, over-llimiting of part time hours, mandatory unpaid over time, harassment, general crappy behavior-ness, etc etc. They're also really good at destroying locally owned business and grass roots economies while getting commissions brokering deals for companies that supply them to move overseas so they can get the goods for cheaper (see: Vlasic Pickles, Wolverine Boots, Master Lock, etc). I could't go into our Wal-Mart anymore if I tried. I think they have my picture on the Least Wanted list somewhere. [/b]
It is a Target specific coupon. It is for $1 off a 12 pack, and I printed 4 coupons. I am also thinking about returning cans and bottles before the end of the week and printing 4 more coupons to hopefully get them for free!

May 24th, 2007, 06:22 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
The local grocery store around here - Giant, has 5 12 packs for $10. I bought some for Alex's party in August. Too bad I don't have a printer or I'd buy more at Target!

My favorite place in Target is the clearance section in the baby aisle. I've gotten formula there for over half off. They get rid of odd sizes they won't carry anymore I guess. The last time I was there I got 240 count wipes for $2. I have a ton of wipes from stocking up at sales, but you can never have enough wipes!!

May 24th, 2007, 06:27 AM
paganempath
Quote:
The local grocery store around here - Giant, has 5 12 packs for $10. I bought some for Alex's party in August. Too bad I don't have a printer or I'd buy more at Target!

My favorite place in Target is the clearance section in the baby aisle. I've gotten formula there for over half off. They get rid of odd sizes they won't carry anymore I guess. The last time I was there I got 240 count wipes for $2. I have a ton of wipes from stocking up at sales, but you can never have enough wipes!![/b]
At least I have someone else stuck with me in the "no printer" club. I'm dying to get some coupons you can print out for Winn Dixie but everyone I know has either no printer, no paper, or no ink. I WILL get those coupons-- somehow, someway. Yes, they will be mine...
May 24th, 2007, 06:29 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:

My favorite place in Target is the clearance section in the baby aisle. I've gotten formula there for over half off. They get rid of odd sizes they won't carry anymore I guess. The last time I was there I got 240 count wipes for $2. I have a ton of wipes from stocking up at sales, but you can never have enough wipes!![/b]
At least I have someone else stuck with me in the "no printer" club. I'm dying to get some coupons you can print out for Winn Dixie but everyone I know has either no printer, no paper, or no ink. I WILL get those coupons-- somehow, someway. Yes, they will be mine...
[/b]

I'll print some for you. I don't do Pepsi. We're a Coke family.
May 24th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

I'll print some for you. I don't do Pepsi. We're a Coke family.
[/b]
I can print some for you too. I just got a new printer so I am full of ink!! If you want, just tell me what coupons you want and what website they are on and I can print away.

May 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
CBMS
Teri...

go to your places and look at the coupons and tell me what to print. I'm loaded with ink.... I have 2 of each color, 4 blacks, plus the ones in the printer right now... got a great deal on them! Let me know what you want, and I'll send you a fun pack!
May 24th, 2007, 06:51 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Teri...

go to your places and look at the coupons and tell me what to print. I'm loaded with ink.... I have 2 of each color, 4 blacks, plus the ones in the printer right now... got a great deal on them! Let me know what you want, and I'll send you a fun pack! [/b]
I can't even see the ones they have on the Winn Dixie website. As soon as I go to the page, it says that my system(Windows Vista) is incompatible with theirs and that's it. So even if I had a printer, it would do me no good. So anything for babies would be great. I don't know of any others websites I'd want coupons from. Again, thanks so much for doing this!
May 24th, 2007, 06:53 AM
CBMS
The ones on Winn Dixie sucked. panty hose, quit smoking, airwick, stuff like that...

Go to coupons.com and smartsource.com and take a look! They have tons of pages of coupons.
May 24th, 2007, 06:59 AM
paganempath
Quote:
The ones on Winn Dixie sucked. panty hose, quit smoking, airwick, stuff like that...

Go to coupons.com and smartsource.com and take a look! They have tons of pages of coupons.[/b]
Well, the smartsource says I'm incompatible and won't let me see. And the coupons.com didn't have anything I wanted. Oh well. Thanks for trying!
May 24th, 2007, 07:15 AM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does Target's website only print off one coupon per page? Sorry, I know that sounds like a dumb question.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search