Do you stockpile?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
I am new at this and was wondering if any of you stockpile? Do you find it saves you money? Do you find yourself buying things you wound not normally buy?

May 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM
CBMS
Quote:
was wondering if any of you stockpile?[/b]
Yes; yes I do!!!!

Quote:
Do you find it saves you money?[/b]
Absolutely!

Quote:
Do you find yourself buying things you wound not normally buy?[/b]
No way!!! (well, on occasion it may happen, but it's very extremely rare!)
May 24th, 2007, 08:51 AM
paganempath
The things I normally stockpile are ones that I know I'll eventually need to buy anyway and won't go bad if I don't get to them for awhile such as powder formula, diapers, pads, and tampons. I find that it does save me alot of money in the long run because when I have a good supply on hand, I'm able to take advantage of the sales instead of running out and being forced to pay whatever price they happen to be at the time. There are times when I let my surplus dwindle, then I get into the buying kick and buy alot at once. I'm in the middle of my diaper kick right now. I went through my pads/tampons kick several months ago and stocked up on so many that I seriously won't be able to use them all up until next year. My closet is "menstrual central."
May 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We also stockpile to some extenton toiltertries and paper towls, toilet paper, etc. We'll always need that stuff!
May 24th, 2007, 11:33 AM
juls2006
Quote:
The things I normally stockpile are ones that I know I'll eventually need to buy anyway and won't go bad if I don't get to them for awhile such as powder formula, diapers, pads, and tampons. I find that it does save me alot of money in the long run because when I have a good supply on hand, I'm able to take advantage of the sales instead of running out and being forced to pay whatever price they happen to be at the time. There are times when I let my surplus dwindle, then I get into the buying kick and buy alot at once. [/b]
ditto!

if i find a good sale on something i stock up. and i only stock up on things i know we actually need and use. i don't buy anything just because it's on sale. if we don't normally use it, i don't buy it!
May 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I stockpile. I save a ton of money by stockpiling meats (I just got 20# of 88% lean ground beef for only $1.49/lb!!!).

I also stockpile salad dressings, marinades, spaghetti sauce, ketchup, cereals, etc. I buy just enough to last me until the next sale (usually about 4-6 month supply). That way I never have to pay full price.

I never stockpile something that I wouldn't normally buy. If I did that, I wouldn't save money.

May 24th, 2007, 07:03 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I love stockpiling! Love love love it!

I keep a solid stash of paper goods, meat (Hey, Jess, I got a very similar deal this week on ground beef, and I'm loving it!), canned veggies, sauces, baking mixes (because I'm lazy), drink mix, and toiletries. I don't even use disposable pads, but I have 4 or 5 months worth here simply because they were free.
May 24th, 2007, 09:38 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love stockpiling too. I stock pile anything that is an incredible deal and will not go bad.

Things I can stock pile for longer......

laundry detergent ---went prob have 8-10 on hand right now
paper towels
tampons and pads
diapers
wipes
salad dressings
and non perishible foods

shorted term (usually try to get til next sale)

eggo waffles (peyton love em)
fruit cups (again Peyton loves em)
animal crackers and cheerios
meats (when on killer sale)

May 25th, 2007, 05:49 AM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
yes, one of the beauties of the Grocery Game. I just went through my bathroom this weekend and I have toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap and body wash, deodarant, shaving cream, razors, pads and tampons. So much stuff that I invited the neighbor to come raid my bathroom closet.
I also stockpile meat, laundry detergent, dish soap, and any other foods that are on sale at least enough until the next sale.

I don't buy things we won't use. Well, I have been know to pick up stuff for my mom and give it to her.
May 25th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I have started stockpiling. Yes I do find that it saves me money, I know I have at home so I dont buy till the price is what I want to pay for it. Yes I do sometimes buy things I normally wouldnt but often its because those items were freebies!

May 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Bam&RaynedropsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Add me to the stockpile lovers as well... I'm with everyone else, I get the toiletries and baby wipes more than anything... They don't sell Adrianna's formula where I go cause I'd get it there too if I could. I sometimes *but RARELY* buy things I don't really need but only becuase it never seems to fail that when I don't get it, I'll end up needing it and then get upset cause I didn't get it when I could but other than that, unless it's on sale, forget it!

New *PICTURE* Siggy coming soon! =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search