Look what I got on Friday...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So maybe you'll forgive me for not ever posting my deals on Friday. And forgive me for running out to CVS to spend $30 on FRER and digital tests. And forgive me not even thinking to grab my $20 ECB to pay for it! And for spending another $10 on more digital tests this weekend. Because I deliberately did not bring my extra tests to my in-laws so that I would not use them. But I could not stand it. To quote Dh, "How much have you spend on tests?" "Umm...$40, honey, but I promise I'm done for the month!" But really, don't you think I've "earned" it over the past few weeks of great deals?!

And hey, at least I know why CVS refused to let me get that darn Kotex deal!

I tested way early on Friday (9 dpo or 12 dpo not sure) and ended up with these:

Test from my lab that I had bummed

FRER

Clear Blue Easy Digital

I was in total shock the whole day. I literally walked around the house for houses saying "Oh my God, oh my God".

I just posted in TTC about how I told Dh if you want to read it.

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=717806

August 12th, 2007, 11:00 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Holy crap!

Goooo you!

ETA: Didn't Teri mention this same possibility the last few days? If so, Teri the clairvoyant, indeed.
August 12th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Quote:
ETA: Didn't Teri mention this same possibility the last few days? If so, Teri the clairvoyant, indeed.[/b]

Did she??? If so, go her!

I also just shelled out major bucks on cloth pads and a Diva cup thinking that if I spent that money, I'd probably end up pregnant right away.

August 13th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! I love BFPs!!! Congratulations.

August 13th, 2007, 03:19 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
August 13th, 2007, 06:46 AM
paganempath
I'd love to take credit for my psychic abilities this time, but I think I mentioned the possibility to Ashley (mommyinky). I think Shannon did this one herself by spending that bundle on the cloth pads. It works everytime.

Shannon-- You're absolutely right: The universe didn't want you to buy that Kotex. It knew you'd need your money for all those pregnancy tests. Have you tested with another line test yet just to see the darker line? It's so much fun to see that line show up, especially when it's there even before the control line. Don't stress yourself out over a possible chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. Everything will be just fine. It's all falling into place. First, you got your house and now you're getting your baby. Enjoy it! You deserve a happy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Congratulations!
August 13th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I did the 3 tests on Friday. Then another lab test (like the first) on Saturday that looks lighter to me (part of why I was worrying). Then another digital yesterday (fun to see the word pregnant!).
I used my last lab test this morning and it is darker than the first two, but not as dark as the control yet.
I still have two digitals and a FRER that I can use later.

I am seriously thinking about getting my blood drawn at work and asking a person in another department to run the blood HCG...I'm too impatient to wait for a doctor's visit!

August 13th, 2007, 07:37 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shannon...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you! I got goosebumps reading your post on the TTC board. What an exciting time!

Teri, you did mention it to me, but I think you made the joke about the stockpile of feminine products you had when you got pregnant and said something about Shannon getting pregnant, but I could be wrong.
Now I had better not end up pregnant!
August 13th, 2007, 08:27 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I am so happy for you.

August 13th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!! Too funny about the Kotex!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

August 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM
CBMS
O MY GOSH, O MY GOSH, O MY GOSH!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!

When I saw the heart on the title, I thought that was it. CONGRATS!!!!
August 13th, 2007, 11:11 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
congratulations!!!!!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG Shannon! Congratulations!!

August 13th, 2007, 11:21 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Ok ... so I brought home 6 or 8 20ct Tampax today, and 2 40 ct Always pads ... if that's all it takes, I should have thought of that a while ago. LOL.
August 14th, 2007, 06:02 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Ok ... so I brought home 6 or 8 20ct Tampax today, and 2 40 ct Always pads ... if that's all it takes, I should have thought of that a while ago. LOL.[/b]
Go on the freebies board and get some pad/tampon samples as well. A little extra kick never hurts. Oh, and make sure you walk around saying how much you wish AF would come early this month. People will run away from you but it just might do the trick.
August 14th, 2007, 06:14 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Ok ... so I brought home 6 or 8 20ct Tampax today, and 2 40 ct Always pads ... if that's all it takes, I should have thought of that a while ago. LOL.[/b]
Go on the freebies board and get some pad/tampon samples as well. A little extra kick never hurts. Oh, and make sure you walk around saying how much you wish AF would come early this month. People will run away from you but it just might do the trick.
[/b]
I had just stocked up when I realized I wouldn't be needing mine for a while! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search