Kmart

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to Kmart to use the three Duracell coupons that Mandi was generous enough to send me. Unfortunately, DH lost one of my receipts, so I'm just going to have to guestimate on one of my transactions to figure into my budget for the month. And I realized after I got home that the girl didn't scan my $1 Covergirl coupon, which ticked me off. I never pay close enough attention! Of course, DH thought I was being silly since I saved so much anyway, but she took the coupon and Kmart will get paid for it even though they charged me for it.
Oh, and the way they did the coupons was that they took it as $10 off the current transaction instead of giving me a gift card, which suited me just fine because then it was less OOP!

Anyway, my three transactions...

Duracell batteries
2 Gillette shaving gels
OOP: $0.07!

Duracell batteries
Covergirl nail polish (w/o my coupon )
Always panty liner (they were out of the $.99, of course)
OOP: $2.70 (should have been $1.70)

#3 (that I'm guessing on, since DH lost the receipt)
Duracell batteries
Head and Shoulders ($3 coupon)
Red Zone body wash ($1 coupon)
OOP: Somewhere in the neighborhood of $4

I know we spent less than 7 bucks, which is cheaper than what we could have gotten just the batteries for at Walmart, so not too shabby! We saved $34 in coupons (but it should have been $35! )
August 13th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great job!
August 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy

AWESOME!! Our Kmart sucks so bad I didn't even go to see if I could find any of the coupons. I don't even want to go in there (but I would reconsider if I could get the deals you did . I figured they were all gone anyway (if they even put them out in the first place).

And I HATE when I notice later that they didn't scan a coupon. I had that happen at target on a $2 one but we had gotten a lot and used a lot of coupons so I didn't notice until later that day.
August 13th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always add up my items-coupons+tax before I go so that I know what the total should come too. That way I don't get shocked. Plus I always double check the receipt when I get to the car so that if something is wrong I can get it fixed right away.
August 13th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I always seem to be distracted by one of the boys, and DH is especially distracting. He gets very impatient, but he's the one with the wallet, so it's hard to go without him sometimes! I've been paying closer attention to the coupons they scan because I've had a few mishaps with them, but I just didn't do it this time. Oh, well.

And Sarah, my Kmart is rediculous (I seem to be noticing that everyone says this!). If Mandi hadn't sent me the coupons, I wouldn't have bothered, either.
August 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only have my son with me...we stop on the way home from work...my husband loathes shopping of any kind...I do make him sit and listen to my deals though!
August 13th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm more likely to get more out of it though if I take DH and talk him into buying things along the way rather than ask him to give me a set amount. As long as he's the only one bringing home the bacon, I'll have to settle for taking him with me. It is nice to have someone to gush about my deals to on the way to the car though. He even has actually seemed a little impressed (maybe even excited) about them here lately, too!
August 13th, 2007, 11:13 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'm glad it worked out for you! I'm so mad at Kmart right now I can't even explain it ... long awful story. They have not heard the last of me, that is for sure.
August 13th, 2007, 11:14 PM
They really are rediculous!
What happened now???
August 13th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH comes along on all my shopping excursions. I'm too chicken to fight for my coupons, so he does it for me. Besides, he's much better with people, he manages to woo a cashier at every store we go to so generally they'll do whatever he asks them to.

But we haven't hit K-Mart for anything yet, there isn't one close enough or on the way to anything to merit the trip.

August 14th, 2007, 06:43 AM
CBMS
way to go! I didn't get in on that, but I should have. Maddie's favorite toy is in need of batteries. And daily she presses the button and says, "uhhhhhhhh. brote iiiiiiiiiiit."
August 14th, 2007, 10:23 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I just had a little giggle picturing Maddie ... Iiii brote iiit .... so adorable.
August 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I've already had to put one whole pack in Luke's Rain Forest Music maker. It's a good thing we had bought them, because we didn't have any C batteries, and Luke has to have his music!
August 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did that deal a couple times. We can always use batteries with Peyton's toys and living in a hurricane area.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search