My Walgreens deals

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to Walgreens yesterday to go ahead and get our super cheap Airwicks before they sold out. Of course, DH thought that was the only reason we were going, but I knew I was going to get the Unilever deal too! Arent I the tricky one! I went and starting looking at the Sunsilk and he said, Do you really need these? I said, Oh, I have coupons to get them for really cheap and then Ill get a $5 RR to use for your Airwicks. So of course that sold him!

I had to do two transactions, but Ill just give you all the totals:

4 Bic pens (which I got paid $0.44 to take home!)
3 Sunsilks (2 $1 coupons and a BOGO Thanks Kim!!!)
2 Dove deos ($1.50 coupon)
4 Airwicks (with $4 IVCs and 2 $4 manus and 2 $5 manus)
(Plus I had $2 RR left from the P&G deal and got to use my $5 RR from the Unilever deal)

Total OOP after tax: $11.98
Total Savings: $68.08!!!

I actually still have three more $5 coupons and one more $4 coupon for the Airwicks, so Ill try to go back this week and get some more. Plus I still have four more $1/2 coupons for the pens, so that will pay a little on the Airwicks, too. Lets hope I can find more Airwicks at one of my two Walgreens.
August 13th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great Job!

I think I am going to get more of the air wisks. I have 6 more coupons . I also have 3 more coupons for the Tylenol PM, and 3 more Bic coupons . I think I have some shopping to do!

August 13th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Yeah! I found the bic $1/2 as a printable but I can't remember if it's smartsource or coupons.com but I may go and get a few more of those if any of my walgreens still have them. I got 2 of the bigger airwicks yesterday and one of the smaller ones last week. I may be done with that one unless I come across more coupons.

Good Job on your deals!
August 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yeah! I found the bic $1/2 as a printable but I can't remember if it's smartsource or coupons.com but I may go and get a few more of those if any of my walgreens still have them. I got 2 of the bigger airwicks yesterday and one of the smaller ones last week. I may be done with that one unless I come across more coupons.

Good Job on your deals![/b]
You can use some of mine ! I saw some BIC coupons on coupons.com, but they were for the markers.

August 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
If you go to Bic's website, they are on there, too!
August 14th, 2007, 12:09 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Hooray Airwick deal!

I cannot possibly convince myself to bring more of them home ... unless I find a $5 in the parking lot ... then maybe ... lol.
August 14th, 2007, 12:17 AM
DH LOVES the things. I can get four more for $7 including tax, so I'll do it. If not, DH will go to Walmart and pay full price for them anyway. It's the tax that kills me on the stupid things, because they are charging me tax on $10 for each one instead of the $1 or 2 that I'm actually spending. I think that stinks.
August 14th, 2007, 07:49 AM
CBMS
woohoo! The register didn't scream at them for you having more coupons than items? Ours do... stupid too. They should fix that now that they are doing the RR's on a regular basis.
August 14th, 2007, 11:47 AM
My ink pen and deo coupons were off two, and I forgot to mention DH got a renuzit air freshener for the bathroom (that wasn't on sale ), so I did have more coupons than items. I think...unless you count the Walgreens ones, but I don't think you do...
August 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM
CBMS
Quote:
My ink pen and deo coupons were off two, and I forgot to mention DH got a renuzit air freshener for the bathroom (that wasn't on sale ), so I did have more coupons than items. I think...unless you count the Walgreens ones, but I don't think you do...[/b]
The Walgreen's ones do count. That's why it's stupid that they have that stipulation on their registers. Doing the RR's on a regular basis, and allowing coupons to be combined, you'd think they'd get a clue!
August 14th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

Good Job on your deals![/b]
You can use some of mine ! I saw some BIC coupons on coupons.com, but they were for the markers.
[/b]
I might take you up on that! Darren thinks I'm crazy now, I keep bringing stuff home everyday and saying "guess how much I paid for this?". I think I'm making him feel like he's on the Price is Right. I hold up the item, say "regular price $X.XX, guess how much WE paid....$X.XX!!! Yeah he just looks at me like I've lost my mind.
August 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Well Sarah, when you put it that way, I can kinda see why my DH is getting a kick (sometimes) out of my shopping...The Price is Right always has been his favorite show!
August 15th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We used to have 5 of the airfreshners in our house...1 in each bedroom, 1 in the living room, and 1 in the basement. Then I read somewhere that they actually drain quite a bit of electricity, plus I always ahted how you'd smell it for like the first 3 days and then after that, NOTHING!!! We quit using them and haven't noticed any smell difference (we have a dog and was worried about dog smell). We couldn't really tell if it affected our electricity bc we also had a 25% or so rate hike so it was hard to tell. But we're not dropping any more $$$ for the refills so that's good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search