Mandi is LIVID ...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2007, 11:54 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Ok. Deep breaths.

I took DH to physical therapy, dropped him off, and headed to Kmart (to do a few more deals on this, the last day). The store had nearly no one in it, and it's a different one than I went to before. I heard that it was less trashy, and it was close to the aqua therapy place, so I thought I would try it out. I purused the shelves, and found everything I needed, which made me super happy. I got in line to check out with enough time to also stop at Walgreens before I needed to pick up Ben. And that is where it gets ugly.

I knew there would be trouble when I heard, "Um, you can't use this $10 coupon (the Duracell deal one) with this transaction because the second Always was free." Um, indeed I can. Thanks. Then, she had already rung in the GC AND let me try to pay for it before she told me the deal was "Over". Um, no. No, it's not. Again, thanks. I try to pay her with a $10 GC I already have, and she throws a hissy fit about how you can't buy a gift card with a gift card. Yes, my dear, I can. I did it FOUR TIMES yesterday. It's the same as cash, numbnut. She gets pissy and prances off to find her 'manager', by which I think she meant intolerant idiot who was not currently running a register.

The 'manager' arrives and decides I can't do the Duracell deal at all unless I'm willing to do the "mail in rebate form" (which does NOT exist, for the record). She tells me that Duracell has "retracted this promotion". I reply that I find that quite interesting as I did it FOUR TIMES YESTERDAY. She tells me whomever 'let it slide' yesterday is 'in trouble'. I highly doubt that as I was at a different Kmart where they didn't so much care to partake in coupon fraud as this one apparently does. She also tells me that the deal is limited to "One Per Household" and the MIR is how they're going to guarantee it. Soooo, Duracell randomly decided two days before the promotion was over to limit it in Michigan? I think not. She was so snotty and awful to me it was everything I had not to launch all that can be the tirade of Mandi. I was pressed for time, and not so much in the mood for any of it.

We get to the part where I'm supposed to pay, and I swipe DH's debit card at the personal reader thing. She threw me with the not being able to immediately roll my $10 GC, so I was $3 short in cash. Annoying. DH's debit card is crappy, and the strip is coming off. Of course, it doesn't read in the reader thing. She takes it from me to use her swiper reader deal. I tensely watch thinking she's going to figure out that my name surely isn't Benjamin. Alas, not so much. She goes right ahead with the committing an illegal credit card transaction (but I don't care), and because she is an IDIOT, hits the "Cash" button instead of the "Credit" button. That of course cashes out the whole thing without actually charging me for it. Then, out comes the manual card slider, and instead of printing a duplicate recepit to attach to it, she HAND WRITES everyone out on the manual slip. Then, decides "it won't work" and goes to find a manager ... again.

She comes back, re-rings the whole freakin' thing, and in the mean time I ask if me writing a check instead would make it harder for her to screw up again. She tells me it would be, so I write a check. Then of course, she needs my Driver's License ... and my DOB ... when I curtly say, "Yesterday" she is not entertained.

I stomp over to the service desk and ask for the address for the "MIR" (which still does not really exist, FYI), and they hand me an address on a piece of scrap paper. Great. I then ask for the number to Kmart corporate. I am stomping to the car when DH calls to see where I am as he's done with therapy (15 minutes later than normal), and is wondering where I am. OMG! GRRRR! So so so so angry.

I called the Duracell corporate number while driving. The lady there tells me what I already knew to be true, that this Kmart women is drunk. They have done NO SUCH THING as retracting their promotion. They will do a redemption via mail in, but only if someone screws something up at the store and can't do the instant for whatever reason. It was not designed for them to randomly decide to stop taking the coupons. Interesting.

I then call Kmart corporate ... still driving ... in the 90F heat ... with no A/C (which always makes me more testy than normal). I ask why they think it necessary to commit coupon fraud at their Plainfield, MI store. He apparently wants more of an explanation, and makes sure he tells me 23 times that "this call may be recorded". Good. I explain everything to him. He says, "Um, I have some notes here ... if I can just get the system to work ... uh ... can I put you on hold?" Blech. I suppose. He comes back and tells me that he's sorry about me being mistreated, and he has an address I can send to in order to redeem my rebate if it didn't work out right. Yea. Hooray. I got that already. I end the call by suggesting that treating customers like dirt and then screwing them out of promised promotions is a great way to recover from bankruptcy. Idiots.

Sooooo, I'm still really angry about the whole thing. Someone owes me $10. I printed out the form the State of MI uses for consumer complaints to the Attorney General. I fully believe they've committed coupon fraud (by altering the text of the coupon of their own volition even though they'll be reimbursed for them), and that they have participated in misleading advertising practices. The MI AG does not like either of these. He made Walgreens pay $550K for not pricing all the items in their stores. I will be writing to him, and Kmart corporate, and Proctor & Gamble, and whomever else will pretend to listen to me.

I will surely NOT be back in a Kmart.
August 14th, 2007, 12:16 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! You have to hate idiots!!!

And you weren't lying when you said "long," huh? But I pretended to listen to every word. Seriously though, that is rediculous for them to screw you like that.
August 14th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just another example of how KMart sucks *****!!!
August 14th, 2007, 06:13 AM
paganempath
While I love reading your descriptive narratives of your awful Kmart exploits, I feel for you having such a hard time with these people. It really astounds the mind to hear what they come up with each time. Repeat after me, " I will not go to Kmart. I will not go to Kmart. I will burn down the store...errr....I mean, I will not go to Kmart....
August 14th, 2007, 06:22 AM
CBMS
Maybe there's a good reason I never go to KMart. We have one about two miles away, but I rarely, rarely go.
August 14th, 2007, 07:41 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I knew there was a reason I never go to Kmart.... wow.... You are braver than I am, I wish I had your balls there hun.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 14th, 2007, 09:27 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Reason #312 that I don't go to Kmart.

August 14th, 2007, 10:11 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Add me to the Kmart haters club. I only go maybe once or twice a year and then I wonder what the heck I was thinking when I actually do go. The store is filthy and cluttered. They never have what I want, the workers are rude and stupid, and they always screw something or another up.

August 14th, 2007, 10:39 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'm a sucker for free money, what can I say?

They sent me a $10 GC after I complained the first time about them sucking, and I knew I could roll it into the Duracell deal. I couldn't help myself. I have a problem with not being able to turn down free things. lol. I need Frugal AA.

I'll just keep telling myself ... I will not go to Kmart. I will not go to Kmart. I will not go to Kmart. Teri said so.
August 14th, 2007, 10:52 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
While I feel really bad that you had such an awful time with the idiots at Kmart. I was laughing out loud at your description of it. Ever think about writing a book of short stories about your shopping adventures? You can really tell a colorful story.

And I agree with everyone Kmart SUCKS! It is sad that this is the only way they can get people into the stores. Then they don't even honor it.

August 14th, 2007, 11:26 AM
CBMS
Gee... and they wonder where they went wrong and had to file bankruptcy? We, the frugal mommies of America, hate them... so we don't even let the manufacturers pay them on our behalf....much less give them our own money. They'll be at it again without the reorganization part of the bankruptcy if they don't get with it...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search