Hey Ashley again

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have something to say this time

I'm still here! I think my DH may kill me when his alarm goes off in 15 minutes and he finds out I haven't gone to sleep yet.

August 14th, 2007, 07:01 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I have something to say this time

I'm still here! I think my DH may kill me when his alarm goes off in 15 minutes and he finds out I haven't gone to sleep yet.[/b]

Just blame it on pregnancy insomnia. I've never had that problem, but lots of women have!
August 14th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Well, he didn't kill me. But he did snarl something about not letting me sleep all day when he gets home. He's out at the DSHS office trying to get all of our junk with the foodstamps and pregnancy medical straightened out. I had my doctor write a note telling them I couldn't come in because I'm on modified bedrest and the stress isn't good for my blood pressure. So now DH gets to suffer with them, haha. Poor sucker.

August 14th, 2007, 07:07 AM
CBMS
Awww... poor hubby.

I'm so glad I don't have to go in for appointments.
August 14th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
And the saga continues:

Of course they were so very helpful down at the DSHS office

I received a quarterly bonus check from Verizon last week, which flagged in me in their system as still employed, despite the fact that I have received no other payments from them in 10 weeks. So now I have to have a form filled out by Verizon human resources stating that I have terminated my employment and they will not be sending me anymore money. Seems easy enough, except for that in a company this large it can be extremely difficult to locate the right department to do this. Just calling human resources results in being on hold for 45 minutes after a ridiculous automated system that leads to nowhere. A lady in my local office is trying to do most of that legwork fortunately, otherwise I'd be beating my head against a wall right now. Very nice of her to take her time on someone who is no longer an employee, I loved my local management.

And now the real fun one . . . They've decided that my husband needs to prove he is a US Citizen, and apparently his driver's license and social security number aren't enough to verify this. They are demanding a copy of his birth certificate, which of course we don't have. Now, they can order a copy if he signs a release, but they say it will take three months because it's coming from Illinois Hmmm . . . we received benefits for three years before I went to work and never once did they request any verification of our identities other than a social security number. We are in their system!!! Either they're just trying to make his life hard now or they were completely ignoring "policy" for the three years we got benefits. And if they're so hot to trot on verifying citizenship, why don't they want a copy of my birth certificate, or our son's for that matter?

Okay--I need to breathe!! I'm more than a little mad and sick of this whole dang process. I really should just buck up and go down there myself, I know we'd be processed in 20 seconds. It pisses me off to no end that they are this biased against men. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

August 14th, 2007, 10:29 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That sucks! Try to get a nap in today!
August 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I "napped" from 7 until 9 this morning, does that count?

August 14th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Woman! You are crazy! I know that baby is zapping your energy! GET SOME SLEEP!!!
August 14th, 2007, 10:55 AM
CBMS
Verifying the identity/citizenship is a new thing... I had to do that for my kids, and just their birth certificates weren't enough. I had to come up with picture ID for my kids! Sucks, but... what can ya do?
August 14th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Photo ID for your kids? Sheesh!!

I guess I can see them implementing a new policy, but why don't they need to verify the other two members of the household? Why just my husband? Seems a little off to me.

August 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
CBMS
They aren't all that bright. They'll probably not ask for it, and then delay everything because they "overlooked" it. ugh...

yeah. photo ID for the kids. Good thing I had purchased the "identikid" things last year.
August 14th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Boy, I hope they don't ask for anything for my kiddo, I got nothing. A social security card and a birth certificate I have, but definitely no photo ID.

August 14th, 2007, 11:22 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Boy, I hope they don't ask for anything for my kiddo, I got nothing. A social security card and a birth certificate I have, but definitely no photo ID.[/b]

Well--here's the funniest part. For the baby, I didn't have a photo ID... but they allowed me to sign an affidavit stating that she was born here. Like--what good does that do? Someone who is going to defraud the system could do that, too--illegally--and not think twice about it. Morons, I say....
August 14th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ah, the lovely lady just called and gave me the whole litany of done-me-wrongs with our application. I asked why they need to verify Jon and not the rest of the household. She said they only need to verify the identity of the applicant. Okay . . . I am the applicant. In our state unless it is a single parent household, the woman is always the applicant and head of household. My husband is just going to appointments on my behalf due to my health condition. She gave me a run-around and I wasn't buying it. Finally she admitted that I am right. I said I'd be happy to sign a waiver allowing them to order my birth certificate. She says "Oh, well we don't need a waiver. Since you were born in-state I just looked it up in our database."

So they have verified that I am a citizen and according to her, they only need to verify the applicant. Should be good enough, right? Nope, she's still sticking to needing my DH's birth certificate so we'll be delayed three months on getting benefits. That is SO not going to work. We can kind of work around the foodstamp issue, but I HAVE to have health care. I asked if we could just drop DH from the application, other than to include his income and resources, but not include him in the list of people receiving benefits. She said absolutely not, if he lives in our house he must be included. I asked to have a supervisor call me back. Still waiting on that one.

August 14th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, she also told me she received my Stop Work form from Verizon but that they weren't accepting it because it was not filled out by the person directly responsible for issuing checks. Do they really think that with thousands of employees Verizon has one person cutting checks? I'm sure there is a head to the payroll department who is ultimately responsible for the actions of the clerks, but I highly doubt he/she is taking the time to fill out this paperwork. I told them they needed to take up the issue with Verizon and to call the number provided by them. I have done my duty, I filled out my portion of the form and faxed it off to the proper department in human resources. If they're going to fight about which person actually writes in the boxes they can leave me out of it.

August 14th, 2007, 09:17 PM
You poor thing! What a rediculous situation! You would think that since the people who work in these jobs are supposed to *help* people, that they would actually try to help instead of making things more difficult than they need to be. Hopefully you can get your medical soon!
August 16th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Veteran
You poor thing! They needed you dk's birth certificate because they were trying to process the app as family medicaid. Tell them you want pregnancy only. Also, you can ask for a case transfer, it soulnds like this woman doesn't like you. Call and report her abusive behavior to her supervisor. Then, appeal the decision, how to do that should be included with any paperwork they gave mailed out.

Does your state do the Babywatch program? They offer one month temp assistance while they handle the medicaid app process for you. It is part of the health department and often the workers are more understanding about bedrest.

<div align="center"></div>
August 16th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We didn't apply for family medical because I know we don't qualify. We make about $10 too much per month. I applied for pregnancy and children's medical, and then foodstamps. That's the only thing DH is on the application for is the foodstamps. I'm just a little confused as to why she told me they only need to verify the applicant (meaning head of household) and then still insists they need his.

Anyway, I spoke with another case worker yesterday who said she could put a waiver in our file allowing us to still get benefits while his verification is pending. It would have been nice if the other lady had bothered to mention any such thing. Now I'm just waiting for them to accept the paperwork from Verizon and we *should* be set.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search