What are we eating?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2007, 06:54 AM
CBMS
I need serious help. I'm not totally back in the swing yet. lol

We had spaghetti and meatballs and fajitas so far...

ugh. I used to be so prepared (well, most of the time, I was... )
August 14th, 2007, 08:47 AM
paganempath
You've caught me on hot chicken salad night again. I love it and my mom's never had it so I'm gonna spend the two hours it takes to make it.
August 14th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking Hamburger Helper. Not sure what KIND of hamburger helper since I believe we have at least 5 different kinds (sale at meijer last week = 0.75 a box after coupons). Maybe the lasagna kind? I may let DH feel important and let him pick .
August 14th, 2007, 10:18 AM
nuclearwife82's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to nuclearwife82
Quote:
You've caught me on hot chicken salad night again. I love it and my mom's never had it so I'm gonna spend the two hours it takes to make it.[/b]
Is that the kind with crushed up potato chips on top? If so I love that stuff but my husband won't eat it because it has mayo in it (hes a huge baby!)

We are having beef stroganoff tonight

August 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I haven't eaten anything today yet. I'm feeling yak-y.

Dinner tonight, no clue. Something easy ... now, to figure out who I can convince to cook it ...
August 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't eaten yet. I'm thinking about going to mom's and eating at her house. If not, it will be something super easy here.
August 14th, 2007, 11:43 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
You've caught me on hot chicken salad night again. I love it and my mom's never had it so I'm gonna spend the two hours it takes to make it.[/b]
Is that the kind with crushed up potato chips on top? If so I love that stuff but my husband won't eat it because it has mayo in it (hes a huge baby!)

[/b]
The recipe I use is cream of chicken soup, mayo, celery, mushrooms, rice, chunks of chicken, sliced almonds, and buttered bread broken up into pieces on top to make a "crust." It's sooo yummy. You can't even taste the mayo; it just makes it creamier. Make it and give it a new name and he'll probably eat it without a problem. You have to trick men just like tricking kids when it comes to food.

Quote:

Dinner tonight, no clue. Something easy ... now, to figure out who I can convince to cook it ...[/b]
Hmmmmm..... could it be....morning sickness?
August 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
The recipe I use is cream of chicken soup, mayo, celery, mushrooms, rice, chunks of chicken, sliced almonds, and buttered bread broken up into pieces on top to make a "crust." It's sooo yummy. You can't even taste the mayo; it just makes it creamier. Make it and give it a new name and he'll probably eat it without a problem. You have to trick men just like tricking kids when it comes to food.

[/b]
That is SO TRUE! If I had told my husband about the meat-less meatballs, he wouldn't have eaten them.

Quote:
Quote:

Dinner tonight, no clue. Something easy ... now, to figure out who I can convince to cook it ...[/b]
Hmmmmm..... could it be....morning sickness?
[/b]
hmmmmmmmmmmmm... that would be interesting...
August 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Breakfast was grits and milk. Dinner was a lentil and millet dish seasoned with bacon. Supper will be pecan/carob bread with smoothies.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 14th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Morning sickness ... geez.

I was running through the timeframe in my head last night while trying to fall asleep. I don't know that it's physically possible ... lol.
August 15th, 2007, 06:02 AM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm thinking Hamburger Helper. Not sure what KIND of hamburger helper since I believe we have at least 5 different kinds (sale at meijer last week = 0.75 a box after coupons). Maybe the lasagna kind? I may let DH feel important and let him pick .[/b]
Haha! I do that too.. he's more willing to eat it that way..
I let him pick stuff out at the grocery store too, like the type of salsa, or the box of cereal... You know what else i have to do? He *must* come to the store w/ me, he doesnt like staying home, but he's bad at the store, like annoying! He'll try to sneak in chips and stuff in the cart, or he'll hurry me when i'm trying to read the fine print on boxes/coupons/rebates...so if he's 'good' at meijer, i'll let him get a slushy when we're done.. and it works!! Lol, i love him SO much, but he's like a 5 year old, i swear! (and he's going to be 30 soon!!)

Quote:
That is SO TRUE! If I had told my husband about the meat-less meatballs, he wouldn't have eaten them. [/b]
i make homemade pancakes with soy milk all the time, DH eats like 6 everytime, but refuses to ever *try* soymilk! haha!
And, i sneak chopped up spinach in things, tell him it's fresh parsley, he doesnt have a clue!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 15th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I hide food on my DH all the time. He claims to be 'allergic to soy', but it's really that he's a big baby and thinks anything related to it must be awful. Booo. So, I put soy in all kinds of things, and I laugh hysterically when he goes on and on about how he can't try (insert name) because he's allergic. Silly boys ...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search