Deals from last Friday and today

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2007, 10:52 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Friday:

CVS: Took back the Kotex pads. Made $1 because they didn't take off the coupon I had used so I got back the full price. I'd feel bad except for the deal wasn't working correctly so it's their problem.
Bought a card I needed and used an expired $1 ECB.

Went back later and bought $30 of pregnancy tests.

Walgreens: Took back deodorant which was the wrong kind for Dh. Made 0.75 because they only took off one of the coupons. Whoops! Coupon fraud? Dh says "Couldn't people just go out and do this kind of thing and make a bunch of money off of it?"

HEB: Got some great deals here! They had Hot Pockets for $1 each, limit 5. Normally they are $2. I got 10 packages and split my groceries into two piles so I could get more than the limit. 1st transaction: I had three $0.50 off one hot pocket calzone and one $0.50 off two hot pockets subs. When I checked out, it printed a $1.25 off 6 catalina! So...you guessed it, I used that for my next transaction of 5 hot pockets! It took it even though I didn't have enough. I spent $6.75 for 10 packages of hot pockets that we can use for lunches when we don't have leftovers to eat. I also found turkey sausage with a $1.00 off coupon, that were reduced for quick sale. I got two packages for only $1.00 and stuck them in the freezer.
I also got a bunch of stuff from the clearance aisle at HEB.

Today:

CVS: 7 jars of Ragu (the cashier asked if I was having a party), one Advil PM, 3 birthday cards. I used up my $20 ECB that I had because I didn't like their deals for the coming weeks and paid only $3.00 OOP. (I had an Advil PM coupon and one Ragu coupon). I got back $3 ECB for Ragu deal, $5 ECB for the Advil and I *should* have gotten $2 ECB for the greeting cards. That didn't print out and the cashier was not happy with me already so I am calling the ECB 1-800 number to see about those but I have to call back in 2 days since they can't see the transaction yet. I also used my rain check to get the free Aquify contact solution. I think that is why the cashier wasn't happy was because I did it in a separate transaction because I thought it might cause problems. And there were people waiting behind me. SORRY.
Whatever, I made $2.50 off the Advil PM.

Walgreens: STILL does not have Clean & Clear OR Lysol Neutra Air. Good grief. I need to use my $5 RR soon and it has been 3-4 weeks and these items are still not in stock!

HEB: Bought more clearance items like pasta for $0.20, etc.

August 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Wow girl you racked up! I need to use my $20 ECB I'm not too impressed with the next few weeks either. I know I'll be going and getting the 5/$11 pepsi 12 packs (sierra mist) on Sunday but I have $4 in coupons and a $4.99 ECB and a $2 ECB so those are already free . We go through so many of those!

And congrats on the BFP!! So exciting!!
August 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
paganempath
That cashier has some funny ideas about parties, huh? You should've told her it was for your recipe for spaghetti shots. Not only do they get you drunk, they're full of antioxidants. A Ragu party.... maybe the cashier had some of your spaghetti shots before work.

Great shopping except for the amount spent on HPT's. But we'll forgive you, just this once. It was a special occasion. B)
August 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
CBMS
FYI: the dollar general and dollar tree tests are just fine, and cost lots less.

congrats, though! I took tons and tons of tests this time, too. I was in denial.
August 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great deals! I thought the $30 on pregnancy tests was money well spent!!! Congrats again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search