Hey April...we hit the motherload of coupons!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I’m still coming by today and we should totally still go check out the recycling dumpster because apparently the thing is a GOLDMINE although we'll probably be pretty busy sifting through the coupons we already found! I do have to confess that I went yesterday because I had a crappy cashier at Walgreens when all I was trying to get was q-tips and bic pens and she threw a FIT about my coupons and finally I just told her to keep the stuff and give me back my coupons (hehe, think I ticked her off…good). Decided to stop on my way home to cheer me up and see if I could see anything that was just kind of hanging out on top since I figured we’d actually do our digging today besides I needed something to do last night since I knew JM was down so I figured maybe I could just grab a couple of inserts to clip. I don’t think I was there over 15 minutes and I found…are you ready?.....42 INSERTS!!!!!

I couldn’t believe it, not after you found 29 there on Monday, I thought that MAYBE I’d find 2 or 3 from the people who had brought them that day. I’m in coupon shock! I started clipping the inserts and separating into envelops (Food, Health & Beauty,etc.) because I though maybe those would be easier for us to look through until I figured out that was a LOT of clipping so now I just have them separated so that the like inserts are together. We should go through and separate who wants want tonight and I may make a run to the Walgreens up the street from your house afterwards since the cashiers are much nicer there.

August 15th, 2007, 08:48 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
42.....sputter....h-o....h-o...h-o....holy cow!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's it! I am so jealous of all of you that have these recycling dumpsters! We have curb side recycling and none of my neighbors put theirs out until the morning. And I don't want to go digging through a bunch of recycying bins to only find one or two inserts from our crappy local paper. I may just have to drive up and go dumpster diving with Kim. LOL. If I didn't work full time, I would so be there.

August 15th, 2007, 09:47 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, no dumpsters here either. I've looked for some. I think I may have found one, but I just need to occupy dh for a while so I can run and look. Stupid full time jobs! LOL

</div>
August 15th, 2007, 05:32 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Man Sarah! You did hit the jackpot! You are so lucky...I don't have one around here. Your neck of the woods isn't too far from me though!
August 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM
CBMS
I hit the jackpot, tonight, too! I went diving (again), and brought home about 20 inserts. I was throwing aside the ones I know there isn't anything really good in. I got "caught" though... this guy pulls up (making a drop), and says, "did you lose somethin' in there?" I was like, "nah. I'm just looking for coupons." He said, "my Sunday is in here, you can have mine, too..." I thought I'd be super embarassed, but nope. I'm saving money. Those other people are throwing it away.
August 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
That's it! I am so jealous of all of you that have these recycling dumpsters! We have curb side recycling and none of my neighbors put theirs out until the morning. And I don't want to go digging through a bunch of recycying bins to only find one or two inserts from our crappy local paper. I may just have to drive up and go dumpster diving with Kim. LOL. If I didn't work full time, I would so be there.[/b]
Are you sure that you do not have a dumpster. I never realized that there was one in my town, because we also have curb-side recycling. Even with the curb-side recycling we are finding TONS of coupons.

We went again today and found another 43 inserts!!! That makes 114 inserts in just 3 days !! Anyone need any coupons?

Quote:
Man Sarah! You did hit the jackpot! You are so lucky...I don't have one around here. Your neck of the woods isn't too far from me though! [/b]
You can visit any time. We can all go diving together!

August 15th, 2007, 08:19 PM
April, I may take you up on that offer! "Mike, I'm going to Indiana to go dumpster diving!" I can see his reaction now!!!

And since you asked...do you all have any Lipton coupons? I could use five if you have them.
August 15th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
April, I may take you up on that offer! "Mike, I'm going to Indiana to go dumpster diving!" I can see his reaction now!!!

And since you asked...do you all have any Lipton coupons? I could use five if you have them. [/b]
I will defer to April since we are keeping the ones we aren't using/haven't gone through at her house but I remember seeing some of those and I know neither one of us was clipping them.
August 15th, 2007, 10:06 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Also, for those who think they aren't blessed with recycling goodness ... keep an eye out for "newspaper donation" places rather than recycling dumpsters. Frequently organizations will have trailers or bins or whatever for newspaper donations that you can rifle through. Don't feel bad, they can't get paid on the glossies anyway. Yesterday I climbed myself right up into the trailer and started digging around. Mmmmm, coupon goodness.

And, I have a story all ready for getting 'busted'. LOL. "Would you believe my idiot husband tossing our gas bill in with newspaper donation?" Then I just look like I'm trying to find my freakin' gas bill amid the masses of papers. If all else fails, always blame DH.
August 15th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Quote:
If all else fails, always blame DH.[/b]
That's my philosophy, too!
August 16th, 2007, 07:11 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Also, for those who think they aren't blessed with recycling goodness ... keep an eye out for "newspaper donation" places rather than recycling dumpsters. Frequently organizations will have trailers or bins or whatever for newspaper donations that you can rifle through. Don't feel bad, they can't get paid on the glossies anyway. Yesterday I climbed myself right up into the trailer and started digging around. Mmmmm, coupon goodness.

And, I have a story all ready for getting 'busted'. LOL. "Would you believe my idiot husband tossing our gas bill in with newspaper donation?" Then I just look like I'm trying to find my freakin' gas bill amid the masses of papers. If all else fails, always blame DH.[/b]

I got caught last night! The guy was nice though. I told him I was looking for coupons. He said his Sunday coupons were in that pile. woot. Score for me. I was specifically looking for this week's coupons to get more razors!
August 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If someone is driving to Indiana, Can I come too? It's only 2 states about a 5 hour drive!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search