GRRR Walgreens

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so I went to Walgreens near my work at lunch to see if they had any airwicks (no such luck) since I found more coupons, plus I was planning on getting the unilever deal again with more sunsilk and some all small & mighty since I found more coupons. Here is what I got:

2 bottles All Small & Mighty - 3.99 each
3 Sunsilk (Shampoo, Conditioner, and Creme) - 3/$10
Tylenol PM - $2.49
Aquafresh - $0.99
6 packs of Bic Pens - $0.39 each
3 snickers - 3/$1 (filler)

Total before coupons and tax - $24.80
Total AFTER coupons and tax - $13.21
Had a $5RR so after that my OOP should have been $8.21 and a new $5 should have printed (from ALL and Sunsilk) BUT the $5RR didn't print. The cashier tried to tell me it was because of my coupons. I told her that in fact no it was not, as I had done the deal before, used coupons and it printed. The manager was called, SHE tried to tell me it was because of coupons. No, no it's not. She tried to tell me it was because of the BOGO I used on the Sunsilk. No, no it was not. She called the store where I had done the deal the first time (where I will now be always going). They told her the deal was on the BEFORE coupon price (ha! Take that lady!). She hung up and was just looking at the register, she looked up at me (still waiting) and said (pretty snotty), "Well I can't MAKE it print." Um, well DUH lady but I'm not just leaving. I said "Well I guess you can just cancel the transaction and give me my $8.21 and coupons back (didn't really WANT to do this). She got all huffy and said she would give me $5 cash back JUST THIS ONCE. Like she was doing me some big favor. But she would be calling corporate to see what the proper way was (still implying that the price the reward was on was AFTER coupons) because she wasn't "loosing her job" over this. Geez, nice customer service. Anyway, I took the $5 cash back for a total of $3.21 OOP!!!! (And I will now be frequenting the 2 other Walgreens that are on my way home instead of that one).

Oh I forgot to mention, after she gave me the $5 back she said "That can't be right, that's why it didn't print, I mean it's like you're getting it free." Um, well YEAH, that's the POINT of buying stuff that's on sale and that I have coupons for. Sheesh.
August 15th, 2007, 12:32 PM
paganempath
That cashiers sounds like a real winner. Let's explore her theory that she can't MAKE the RR's print and the theory that the amount for the RR is the post-coupon amount. Both of these things cannot be true at the same time since it is a fact for me and a few thousand other Walgreens customers that the RR's printed using the PRE-coupon amount. I suppose all those cashiers then DID have the ability to MAKE the RR's print. Obviously we are all doing things the "improper" way and the cashiers are in cahoots with us by using their superhuman abilities to make them print when they shouldn't. Is she perhaps jealous that they have superhuman powers that she does not possess. It's absolutely ridiculous for her to even say it. She really needs some sort of schooling. Yeah, the coupons are the problem. You must not have the magic coupons that I use because mine works every time.

I would absolutely loooove to go in right behind any of you who have these problems just to prove to the staff that what you are trying to do does indeed work and is legit. I'm pretty lucky that I don't have problems with the RR's too often and when I do, it always turns out to be a cashier's problem that the manager fixes. I'm sorry they were being such butts about it-- Walgreens has the worst employees. Ugh!
August 15th, 2007, 02:31 PM
CBMS
Yeah. Like we frugal women don't know what we're doing. She's just jealous that she isn't as smart as you.

I went and got:

3 small and mighty (3.99x3=11.97-3.00=8.97)
2 lipton tea (2/5-.75=4.25).

Mine printed. Her theory wouldn't add up: 13.22 isn't enough... OH.. .but 16.97 is...
August 15th, 2007, 05:38 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear they SUCK! Is that the Walgreens in Hillview?
August 15th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
- Walgreens has the worst employees. Ugh! [/b]
Sorry you had a hard time...when I went to Walgreens tonight the kid accidently only rang up 5 of my Liptons (I wasn't paying close enough attention...) but then the RR didn't ring up...he didn't know how to fix it since I had paid with RR and a gift card to begin with so he called the manager, she voided it and then they redid it.

KMart has the WORST employees!!!
August 15th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Quote:
KMart has the WORST employees!!![/b]
I would have to agree with you Kris!
August 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Ok, we know who I'm going to vote for in the "Crappiest Cashier Contest", but that's beside the point.

I had this exact same problem last week with the P&G deal. Grrr. Someone somewhere did not enter the large Olay bodywashes into the system correctly, and even though all of my transactions were over in amount, the RRs never printed like they were supposed to.

The first time I told the cashier, she got a manager. He rang in enough to trigger the catalina, and then voided the transaction and gave me the RRs. So, they can "just make them print". lol. Both times I got the coupon run around. First, it was because of the coupons. Then, it was because of the BOGO. Then, it was because of the post coupon total. Blah blah blah. They're wrong every time. They just talk and pretend to know what they're talking about in hopes that you'll leave and they won't have to do anymore work.

Personally, I'm getting tired of it. Any retail employee out there who has decided they no longer want to do their job should quit today and go play in traffic. I do not continue to go into stores and spend money (well, make manufacturer's pay money, but ... irrelevant) for them to annoy me. I pay you to stand there and be nice to me. Get to it, or get out.
August 16th, 2007, 07:07 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Ok, we know who I'm going to vote for in the "Crappiest Cashier Contest", but that's beside the point.

I had this exact same problem last week with the P&G deal. Grrr. Someone somewhere did not enter the large Olay bodywashes into the system correctly, and even though all of my transactions were over in amount, the RRs never printed like they were supposed to.

The first time I told the cashier, she got a manager. He rang in enough to trigger the catalina, and then voided the transaction and gave me the RRs. So, they can "just make them print". lol. Both times I got the coupon run around. First, it was because of the coupons. Then, it was because of the BOGO. Then, it was because of the post coupon total. Blah blah blah. They're wrong every time. They just talk and pretend to know what they're talking about in hopes that you'll leave and they won't have to do anymore work.

Personally, I'm getting tired of it. Any retail employee out there who has decided they no longer want to do their job should quit today and go play in traffic. I do not continue to go into stores and spend money (well, make manufacturer's pay money, but ... irrelevant) for them to annoy me. I pay you to stand there and be nice to me. Get to it, or get out.[/b]

I'd have to agree, though. I'm glad that for the most part, I haven't run into that. I had the one run in at Target (that mean hooker old lady; she's always rude though.. ) But I went to Target (the big one about 15 minutes away), and didn't have a single problem getting my super deals with printed coupons. The girl didn't say anything bad about coupons, didn't try to say I can't use that many printed coupons... nothing. She was even impressed. Before my coupons, the total was 22 something, and afterward, she said, "5.59. Wow. You can work it." I was just thinking--of course I can, honey. I could have worked it even better if I'd have known you weren't going to be a hooker and tell me I could only have one coupon per transaction. I'd have gotten WAY more baby food!

Ah well. I guess my new Target is a 15 minute drive...
August 17th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Boo, I worked at Kmart before. Right after high school, I worked there for six months. They called me every three months after I quit trying to get me to come back, people were asking...

Honestly, have you ever used the bathrooms at Kmart?! The poor employees have to deal with the sandpaper tissue and filth all day long. And it isn't the employees that make the mess, it is the customers that let their kids run wild, and changing diapers/pads in dressing rooms and leave the stuff there. Kmarts are way understaffed because their corporate is so darn cheap. You try being the one person in the dept fielding calls, pulling away returns and cleaning up. Or the cashier by themselves ringing up and trying to straighten the clothing across for the registars that is their responsiblity. THe employees that stick around are those with family in management that don't have to do anything to get paid...

<div align="center"></div>
August 17th, 2007, 01:50 PM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Boo, I worked at Kmart before. Right after high school, I worked there for six months. They called me every three months after I quit trying to get me to come back, people were asking...

Honestly, have you ever used the bathrooms at Kmart?! The poor employees have to deal with the sandpaper tissue and filth all day long. And it isn't the employees that make the mess, it is the customers that let their kids run wild, and changing diapers/pads in dressing rooms and leave the stuff there. Kmarts are way understaffed because their corporate is so darn cheap. You try being the one person in the dept fielding calls, pulling away returns and cleaning up. Or the cashier by themselves ringing up and trying to straighten the clothing across for the registars that is their responsiblity. THe employees that stick around are those with family in management that don't have to do anything to get paid...
[/b]
I'm sure we all understand the need for more help and the inability to do EVERYTHING yourself when you're understaffed. Trust me--- I have always been the one to do all the work to compensate for lack of employees or a lack of competent employees. But the major beef we have is with the cashiers and/or customer service reps making up their own rules for promotions in the store. None of us are trying to misuse Kmart's policies or promotions-- we just want them to be honored when we go by the terms of the agreements. Don't change the rules or tell us what the rebate should've said but didn't. With the rare exception, we are not mind readers who know what the promo was supposed to have said. We can only go by what it DOES say. And then instead of admitting there was a problem, try to make up some excuse about why it won't work the way it was advertised. It just gets really aggravating when an employee goes off on a power trip and tries to make everyone else look stupid or crazy.
August 17th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Nah ... I just hate lazy people working in retail. You can hate your job. It can suck. I'm sure that blows. I just don't care to hear about it while I'm giving you my money to stand there and belly ache. And Kmart corporate and I are going to have a fist fight.
August 17th, 2007, 10:16 PM
CBMS
Believe me... I've hated my job before (I worked in the same restaurant putting up with the same ##### day in and day out for SEVEN YEARS!) I never let my customers in on the crap, though, and I did everything I could to make sure that place was clean and up to code. I was pleasant and was so popular that all the other servers hated me because I had more regulars than all of them put together. In the summer (so dead here in FL), they'd make 15 bucks a day, and I'm make 60 because of all my regulars. woot. I never had truly bad days there (money-wise). However, management finally got to me, and I caved and told them to suck my booty and I split...

I found out a few days later (9, exactly) that was pregnant with Madeline! I guess it must've been the hormones.
August 17th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
As a former retail worker for over 5 years I can't stand it when people don't do their jobs correctly. Yesterday I was pi$$ed off bc gas jumoed from 2.81 in the morning to 3.05 in the afternoon. I saw 1 place that still had it at 2.81 so I pulled in with high hopes...I noticed some of the pumps had out of order things on the pump, but some did not. I pulled into one that did not, got out, got my son out (since the pumps are pretty far from the store) walk in to pay and the guy tells me that they are out of gas...humph...don;'t quite sure that I believed him. He asked me if there was a bag over the pumo and I told him no...he then pulled one out from under the shelf and TRIED to hand it to me and said put this on there when you go back out. my reply was : No, you did it, it's your job!

I kind of felt bad...I know I was annoyed bc of the price jump, but I also highly doubted that they were really out of gas...if they were, then they should have gone out and just pulled the price offthe sign so people would know that something was up. It was in a very busy area and people were driving like crazies!!!
August 17th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Quote:
He asked me if there was a bag over the pumo and I told him no...he then pulled one out from under the shelf and TRIED to hand it to me and said put this on there when you go back out. my reply was : No, you did it, it's your job![/b]
SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! He said that to you!?! Wow! I think that takes the cake.
August 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Whenever I've worked in retail, it's always been at the customer service desk or in lower management, so every customer that ever came to me was already mad about something. I didn't say nasty things to any of them. I didn't refuse to solve their problems because I'm a: lazy, b: an idiot, c: easily distracted, etc. As such, I refuse to take any excuses for crappy service from others. I'm a mean girl, I suppose, expecting people to do their jobs.

And, the more I think about this Kmart thing, the more angry I get. I was telling DH the other day ... if I, as a business owner, printed off a bunch of coupons for a free $20 or whatever worth off product, and I mailed them off to my customers without noticing they were supposed to have some other stipulation on them ... I'd honor every last one. I would take a huge hit for it, but I'm happier with no profit than no more customers ever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search