Another GRRR Walgreens post

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, I went to Walgreens to use $14 in RR that were expiring.

I was purchasing:

2 ALL
2 Sunsilk
6 boxes of curves
1 Tylenol PM
2 chapsticks

I had problems. First the manager seemed annoyed that I wanted rain checks. Another problem was my mistake. I was not paying enough attention to the box of curve bars and got the wrong ones. I realized that something was wrong when my total ended up being over 14 after my coupons and RR. Another manager came over and was nice and decided to adjust the price on the boxes (they were out). THEN he saw my coupons...You can not do that he says. Only one coupon per purchase. I am making more than one purchase I say...this item, and that item, and that one. You are not able to use more than one RR per purchase. Again I say that I am making more than one purchase. THEN he tells me that you can not use a store coupon with a manu coupon. Yes, I say, you can. I told him that a friend of mine has asked the office and you can do this (well, some one on HCW ). He went on and on. In all of his days as a manager he has never seen such a large transaction ring up for only 23c .

Even though he eventually gave in (he is calling to verify my story) I got riped off. My $5 RR did not print. I had him write a note on the receipt. I'm calling the walgreens office in the morning to see if they can do anything for me. Also I gave her to many RR. Once the curve bars were deducted my OOP should have only been $11.75. I gave her $14 in RR before the adjustment was made, so she already had them in her hand. I did not realize that I gave her to much until I got home. I would have much rater given her $10 in RR and paid the $1.75 .

I was so proud in the beginning the register did not beep once.

August 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well that stinks!!! Sorry they gave you so much trouble and made you miss out on your RRs. How did she end up taking too much? Why didn't it show up as overage?
August 15th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm kind of confused on how it added up at the end. The receipt shows a 92c overage with me only paying 23c of the $1.15 tax. With all of the confusion I did not realize how much my total should have been. I'm really upset about it right now. I am tempted to take all of my stuff back and get all my coupons back. DH told me no . Plus the $4 RR would be expired by now. Do you all think this will be fixed if I call the 1800 number and complain?

August 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy

What besides the All and Sunsilk is unilever? Before coupons the all would have been $7.98 and the Sunsilk would have been $6.67 so $14.65. Or am I adding wrong? Too funny that we both got managers calling corporate on us on the same day . Stinks that the cashier didn't notice you gave too many RR after everything was corrected, since you know it's her JOB to pay attention to that sort of thing.

Did you get the raincheck on the airwicks? I was going to run and try to get more tomorrow either on Charlestown Rd or at the one in New Albany I went to with you. Is that on Spring Street? I wanted to go to that Rite Aid because their grand opening sale has the BOGO covergirl but I couldn't remember where it was.
August 15th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What besides the All and Sunsilk is unilever? Before coupons the all would have been $7.98 and the Sunsilk would have been $6.67 so $14.65. Or am I adding wrong?[/b]
Well crap! I'm returning it.

August 16th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, it seems as if I just can't use a calculator . Not only did I miscalculate on the deal, but my total was $13.08 and the took off the tax so I did not get screwed . I am still very frustrated with the manager for giving me such a hard time. He was looking at me like I was trying to shoplift. I sent an email to the corporate office explaining what happened. I told corporate that if this had been my first Walgreens visit I would not returned. Hopefully they will start educating their employees. I hope that I did not get him into any trouble. He seemed nice enough (after all he let me do it), just confused.

August 16th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Did you get the raincheck on the airwicks? I was going to run and try to get more tomorrow either on Charlestown Rd or at the one in New Albany I went to with you. Is that on Spring Street? I wanted to go to that Rite Aid because their grand opening sale has the BOGO covergirl but I couldn't remember where it was.[/b]
Yeah, I got a rain check for the airwicks. The cashier told me that they can not write rain checks for items that are not in the ad . Take a closer look at your ad, hon! I also got a rain check for the suavitel and the bic pens.

I wish I had some more of the BOGO covergirl lipstick. I was thinking about trying the New Albany and Jeff stores (and yes the one we went to was on Spring). I'm not to sure I'll feel up to it after the doctor's appointment and only getting a couple hours of sleep (I really wish I could fall asleep).

Give me a call if you are still in town after 6:30 or so.

August 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM
CBMS
Quote:
What besides the All and Sunsilk is unilever? Before coupons the all would have been $7.98 and the Sunsilk would have been $6.67 so $14.65. Or am I adding wrong? Too funny that we both got managers calling corporate on us on the same day . Stinks that the cashier didn't notice you gave too many RR after everything was corrected, since you know it's her JOB to pay attention to that sort of thing.

Did you get the raincheck on the airwicks? I was going to run and try to get more tomorrow either on Charlestown Rd or at the one in New Albany I went to with you. Is that on Spring Street? I wanted to go to that Rite Aid because their grand opening sale has the BOGO covergirl but I couldn't remember where it was.[/b]

I was thinking that, too. Add something small like a hand soap, small bar soap, or something like that. Take it back and get your money (they give you the coupon money too). You have enough coupons to get more. Use more coupons and grab another small thing you have a coupon for, and get your new $5 RR!

These are all the products: dove, caress, lever 2000, qtips, all, ponds, degree, snuggle, lipton, ragu, hellmann's, skippy, vaseline intensive care, sunsilk, suave, bertolli, ben& jerry's, and promise activ supershots.

Best bet would be to grab a cheapie something of Suave. I think there were coupons two or three weeks ago for some of the suave items...
August 16th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I ended up returning all of my unilever products . I was only buying them because my RRs were expiring. I ended up returning them and getting a little over $15 back (tax). That is one way to cash in your coupons and RRs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search