Making money off of stupid people

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2007, 08:12 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I went to Rite Aid today to pick up a few things. Last week (or the week before I can't remember) they had some things on sale for .88. Well they were out of most of it so I got rainchecks. I went back today to try to get the stuff plus one or two other things. Well they were STILL out of the Irish Spring Soap and the Soft Soap but they finally had the deodorant.

I had a coupon for $1 off and the deodorant was on sale for .88. The girl first tells me that she doesn't need the raincheck because the deodorant is on sale this week for $2.99. Uh I don't think so....my rain check is for .88! So she puts that through along with the mascara that I was getting for $1.99. Then she tried to do the coupon. It wouldn't take it and she told me I couldn't do it because the coupon exceeded the amount of the item price. I disagreed so she called a manager. The manager said the same thing. I told them that it worked last week when I did the same thing.

So their solution was to sell me the deodorant for .88. Then they put the coupon through for $1 on a separate transaction and they handed me $1. So I did get paid .12 for my deodorant!

August 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In the end you got your $$$ AND your deodorant! YAY!
August 16th, 2007, 08:24 PM
paganempath
All they had to do was adjust the coupon down to 88 cents. But if they really want to pay you to take it, who's gonna turn that down?
August 16th, 2007, 08:29 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
All they had to do was adjust the coupon down to 88 cents. But if they really want to pay you to take it, who's gonna turn that down? [/b]

Exactly! Thanks for the .12 Rite Aid!

August 17th, 2007, 03:44 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
All they had to do was adjust the coupon down to 88 cents. But if they really want to pay you to take it, who's gonna turn that down? [/b]
I believe that's coupon fraud, because the manufacturer is paying them the face value of the coupon + 0.08. They are supposed to give you the full face value. The manufacturer wants the consumer to get the discount, not the retailer.

August 17th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I believe that's coupon fraud, because the manufacturer is paying them the face value of the coupon + 0.08. They are supposed to give you the full face value. The manufacturer wants the consumer to get the discount, not the retailer.
[/b]
I agree, but most of the stores don't . However, last Sunday, I used my 88c deodorant and the coupon and got my overage with no problem.

August 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I refuse to let them adjust down anything I hand them because I wholeheartedly agree with Jess. They're refusing to give you $1, when they're going to mail it off and get $1.08. They're keeping the extra 12c, making their take $1.20 instead. Mmmm, no. If I find a place that won't take my coupons at full face, then I'm out. I will find a place that will, or someone will get an earful on the specifics of coupon fraud (and federal prison ... 'cuz it's fun). I'm kind of a meanie though.
August 17th, 2007, 09:18 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]

At my Walgreen's, they cross off the amount and fix it in pen so the manu knows. Of course, when it's mixed in with all those others, I'm sure they don't know it....
August 17th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never had a problem getting the overage on a coupon. Crossing my fingers for continued good luck!!!
August 17th, 2007, 10:22 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I've never had a problem getting the overage on a coupon. Crossing my fingers for continued good luck!!![/b]
I loves me some overage!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search