Ugh Walmart

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Veteran
So, I have been trying for weeks to get the Clean Team wipes at walmart and they finally had them back in stock. They have the soft plastic package for 1.64 so that makes 2/.28 with the 2/3 coupon. I took all and looked into the two pack product deals to see if I could get anything else. I thought I did good, but the hassle at the checkout almost made it worth not returning. They didn't want to take my complimentary KC coupons for a free package of Huggies. And had issues with my BOGO coupons for skittles being combined with my 1.00/2 coupons. They refused to take them on the order where th overage so I went through self checkout and ended up with 10 free bags instead of 6 screw up cashier. The cashier tried to refuse a couple of my coupons because the bottom of the barcode was torn, I had to tell her they don't read the numbers they read the lines and that tells them the numbers she didn't believe me and was all shocked when it took it. They refused to scan my Albertsons catalina coupon on my pampers, hello they worked last time! They didn't want to take the up to 11.00 on a big bag for my Huggies and when she put in the coupon it complained, her manager came over and treated me like I was comitting coupon fraud, she got all the coupons and counted them against my items and muttered about me getting wiped for less that a quarter. In the end she had to override the system because my "coupon limit" was reached. I asked if I could write a check so I didn't have to go to the car for my wallet and then she made me go to the car anyway for my DL. She claimed the computer asked for it, hello you didn't even total me out yet, how can the computer prompt for the check? When I came back in I said nm I will just use my debit card since I got it, and she demanded to see my ID and the card. I swear I am going to get blacklisted from walmart for coupons. Teach me to shop at Walmart.

All in all I got

1 92 ct box of huggies size 4
4 40 ct bags of pampers size 3
16 Clean Team flushable wipes
4 Degree deodorants
2 pairs of shoes for the boys
10 packages of skittles
2 Zoo Pals plates
2 Glade carpet deodorizer (I am excited to try this.)
4 Infusion leave in treatment for dh
6 chicken tenders from the deli
2 corndogs from the deli
7 pairs of flip flops for my brother (he is paying me back the 15.00 for them)
and 5 other moms converted to coupon cliping

Before coupons I was at 126.something, but I had to take off one bag of diapers.

47.07 for my first order .01 for the skittles on the second. - the 15.00 from my little brother OOP cost 32.08 Dh laughed at me when he was helping unload, told me I didn't need to spend 100 on diapers and wipes. He was so proud when I told him the total.

<div align="center"></div>
August 17th, 2007, 03:52 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job on the savings! Boo on the nasty cashiers. I really don't like Walmart. I only shop there for certain things. But I may just have to start doing the price match to anger them the way that they anger me.

August 17th, 2007, 04:18 PM
donomama
I went to walmart a couple of weeks ago specifically to use the Clean Team coupon and they wouldn't take it!!! The cashier said that because the picture looked different (it was of the hard package) it was for something different, even though the coupon clearly states that it is for $2.00 of ANY 2 packages of clean team wipes, it does not specify size or count anywhere on it. I was fuming!!! I asked to speak to the manager, and he goes "um, the manager is on break." The customer service line was about 15 people long (as usual) and I didn't have the time to wait in line, so I just left. I have never been so mad about $3.00 in my whole life!
August 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Veteran
My lasting thing has been, "Well since your computer is so smart, try scanning it, if it is the wrong item it won't take it." 98% of the time it will shut them up and get the coupon through. I just noticed the clean and clear 1/1 coupons don't say excludes trial size, has anyone tried this?

August 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I went to walmart a couple of weeks ago specifically to use the Clean Team coupon and they wouldn't take it!!! The cashier said that because the picture looked different (it was of the hard package) it was for something different, even though the coupon clearly states that it is for $2.00 of ANY 2 packages of clean team wipes, it does not specify size or count anywhere on it. I was fuming!!! I asked to speak to the manager, and he goes "um, the manager is on break." The customer service line was about 15 people long (as usual) and I didn't have the time to wait in line, so I just left. I have never been so mad about $3.00 in my whole life![/b]

I totally would have said, "that's okay. I'll wait right here until he or she is back. You should let the people behind me in line that they may want to move..." I know for a fact that there is NEVER a time without a CSM on duty (I have friends that work for the wal mart here).
August 17th, 2007, 06:22 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Quote:
Quote:
I went to walmart a couple of weeks ago specifically to use the Clean Team coupon and they wouldn't take it!!! The cashier said that because the picture looked different (it was of the hard package) it was for something different, even though the coupon clearly states that it is for $2.00 of ANY 2 packages of clean team wipes, it does not specify size or count anywhere on it. I was fuming!!! I asked to speak to the manager, and he goes "um, the manager is on break." The customer service line was about 15 people long (as usual) and I didn't have the time to wait in line, so I just left. I have never been so mad about $3.00 in my whole life![/b]

I totally would have said, "that's okay. I'll wait right here until he or she is back. You should let the people behind me in line that they may want to move..." I know for a fact that there is NEVER a time without a CSM on duty (I have friends that work for the wal mart here).
[/b]

I would have told him I'll wait here for the manager then.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 17th, 2007, 09:18 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'm sorry you had a hassle, but I'm not surprised. I do not go to Walmart for ideological reasons, so I can't relate. I can relate to being blacklisted, though. I couldn't go into our Walmart if I wanted to. I think they have my picture on the wall in the break room with a caption that says, "Evil Union Information Spreading Communist and Acclaimed Pick Pocket" or some such thing.
August 17th, 2007, 10:35 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Other than the rediculous wait times, I've never had a problem at Walmart. **KNOCK ON WOOD**
August 19th, 2007, 08:59 AM
CBMS
Can I just say that I ventured to a wal mart (super rare; I hate wal mart) last night because that's where my DH gets the dog food, and the baby and I were with him...

I was reminded of why I hate wal mart. dirty. scummy. icky. people pushing around people in such a rude manner.

NOTHING like my Target stores.

and wouldn't you know it? I forgot to get the stupid clean team wipes while I was there... *sigh*
August 19th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I pretty much think any store with Mart in its name sucks!
August 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love my walmart, I couldnt survive without them

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Bam&RaynedropsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Walmart for baby things most of the times and I food shop there, BUT they have been raising there prices on certain things that I buy on a regular basis so they've been killing me lately

New *PICTURE* Siggy coming soon! =)
August 19th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Veteran
If you can't find the cheaper packages in the baby department check with the pads and tampons. My walmart hides all the really cheap baby items over there.

August 19th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never had a major problem with walmart. I don't shop there much because they do not send me a sales ad for food and they do not double coupons. The one here is pretty nice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search