Thanks for the free TP & Tylenol, Walgreens!!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2007, 09:32 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to my two Walgreens again today (of course one of them can never have all I need!). They were both still out of Airwicks, but I got a raincheck the other day, so it's all good. The first store only had one Extra Soft TP in the whole store and only 5 Tylenols, which were up on the top of the shelves and I had to hold Dane up to reach them for me! I did find some Gerber baby wash on clearance that I had a coupon for though. The second store only had one Tylenol out, but had tons of TP. I even asked a girl about more Tylenol and she said they were out. So I get up front and as the girl is ringing up my first order, I tell her that I'm going to need a raincheck for the Tylenol. She pages for a manager, finishes ringing up both of my transactions, and out the door I go. As I'm putting away my coupons, I remember that a manager never came up to give me my rainchecks! So I went back in and she finally gets a manager to come. I tell him I want the raincheck for 5 Tylenols, and he examines the ad, and then examines the ES book, and tells me that he thinks they have some in the back. So he comes back with two of them. I ask him if I can just get a raincheck for the five anyway since I've already paid for everything. He tells me that he can't do that since they have them in the store. I tell him, "Okay, I'll buy these two but I would still like to get a raincheck for five more." He looks at the ES book again, and tells me that he is going to check one more place. I'm thinking, What a joke!!! He finally comes back with all five of them. I'm wondering why they are trying to hoard them and why he didn't want to give me the raincheck or let me buy as many as I wanted even though there is no limit.

Anyway, between the two stores and all four transactions I got:
11 Tylenol PMs
8 TPs
2 Enfamil concentrate cans
1 Covergirl nail polish
1 Gerber baby wash
1 bag candy corn

I paid $6.29! I saved $99.17!!!!! I wish it was over $100! How cool would that have been! I didn't have one of my coupons for one of the Tylenols (because I only took 10 for some dumb reason) or else it would have been over $100! Oh well! That still rocks! Go me!
August 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM
CBMS
That is awesome!

I so bad want to go to Walgreen's... if I were absolutely certain that neither DH nor my little sweet pea would wake up, I'd so sneak out for a little "midnight delight." My morning delight is coffee... why shouldn't my midnight delight be SHOPPING?! Er.... SAVING!?
August 17th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I also almost had a hard time finding the Tylenol...they didn't have it on the shelf...but there was an employee nearby who said she could ask her manager...as she was gone I spotted it on the top shelf (where they keep their extra stock). There were 6 boxes together wrapped in plastic. I took it down, unwrapped it and took 5 of the 6 boxes (I had 5 coupons). You would THINK that since it is in their ad it would be out on the regularshelf with a sale price on it...they are getting very Tri-cky!
August 17th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Kris, they didn't have the sale price marked here either, and the five I found at my first store were exactly where you found yours. That manager acted like he didn't want me buying any! What's up with that!
August 17th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Veteran
Great job on your almost 100 savings

<div align="center"></div>
August 17th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks! But for some reason it just kills me that it wasn't $100! Someday...

Oh, and my mom and sisters were making fun of me because I am giving my Tylenol away to them. I plan on getting more, either I will hopefully find it in the store tomorrow or I will FORCE someone to give me a raincheck! We will never use that much Tylenol, even if it doesn't expire until 3/09. I gave away two tonight, so I still have 9, but I plan on getting at least five more since that's what's paying for my TP! Gotta love it!
August 17th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Veteran
Do you ever sleep?

August 17th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Eh...sometimes. I have so much family stuff going on that I think too much to sleep. Like right now...my mom just had surgery because she has a tumor in her eye and we don't know if it was cancer or not and I constantly worry about her thyroid cancer coming back or her going blind. All afternoon today and all day tomorrow we are cleaning up at my Papaw's house so we can auction it in October. He died in May and he had let his place get moldy and run down when he was sick...plus he was a major yard sale junkie and pack rat...so that's fun. And my 26 year old cousin found out last month that she has an inoperable brain tumor that is already a stage four and she started chemo and radiation last week. So it's easier to sit up and think about coupons and sales than it is to lie in bed and think of them!
Sorry...
I think I'll go clean now since I've read everything on here!
August 18th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great job on the savings!

August 18th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Eh...sometimes. I have so much family stuff going on that I think too much to sleep. Like right now...my mom just had surgery because she has a tumor in her eye and we don't know if it was cancer or not and I constantly worry about her thyroid cancer coming back or her going blind. All afternoon today and all day tomorrow we are cleaning up at my Papaw's house so we can auction it in October. He died in May and he had let his place get moldy and run down when he was sick...plus he was a major yard sale junkie and pack rat...so that's fun. And my 26 year old cousin found out last month that she has an inoperable brain tumor that is already a stage four and she started chemo and radiation last week. So it's easier to sit up and think about coupons and sales than it is to lie in bed and think of them!
Sorry...
I think I'll go clean now since I've read everything on here! [/b]

Oh my hun! I am sorry to hear about all that. Your family will be in my T&P. Good luck cleaning today.

August 18th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Oh my hun! I am sorry to hear about all that. Your family will be in my T&P. Good luck cleaning today.[/b]
Thanks! And it was nasty cleaning today, and we're no where near done. Ugh...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search