Meijer Super Saturday

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
So, I totally spaced on posting this last night, and I was gone all day, so it's a little late. (I was in Detroit all day looking for apartments, shopping at Ikea with free money, and eating schwarma at La Shish)

Meijer is doing a Super Saturday tomorrow for any of those who happen to have one. There aren't a ton of 'amazing jump up and down' deals, but I'll post the majority of the ad for those who're curious.

88c 2 liters Coke products (Lim 4)
2.49/lb Pork Tenderloin
2/$4 Tyson bacon
40% off shoes (plus an extra $10/off if you buy $10 in Coke products)
99c Cheez Its
74c/lb Red or Green Grapes
2/$3 4lb Peninsula Sugar
5/$5 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
6/$1 Meijer Mac and Cheese
BOGO Crest Plus Scope, Crest Expressions, Crest Vivid White, Crest Pro Health, or Crest Sensitivity

I have over $70 in empties that I'm reinvesting into 88c Coke. I will spend all day there if I have to running transactions. lol. They also still have Kellogg's cookies/crackers 1/2 off, so I'll take care of that as well. Lord knows we don't need anymore toothpaste.

(And there's a Dollar Tree near the Meijer, so perhaps I'll stop by since DH won't be with me. I'm still feeling super gross, even after my favorite hummus and pitas at La Shish ... )
August 17th, 2007, 09:47 PM
CBMS
Gosh... people just keep rubbing it in to me.

I am JEALOUS of your Meijer shopping!

August 17th, 2007, 10:20 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw man! The shoes and the coke deal, along with cheap grapes and Kellogg's stuff, make me think it would be worth driving to Louisville for this!!! Too bad I know I'm busy tomorrow or I would find a reason for DH to want to go up there so I could go to Meijer!
Have fun getting cheap coke, Mandi!
August 18th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Aw man! The shoes and the coke deal, along with cheap grapes and Kellogg's stuff, make me think it would be worth driving to Louisville for this!!! Too bad I know I'm busy tomorrow or I would find a reason for DH to want to go up there so I could go to Meijer!
Have fun getting cheap coke, Mandi![/b]
Don't bother, our stores do not do the Super Saturday sales. I remember them from when I lived in MI, they were nice.

August 18th, 2007, 07:49 AM
You don't have Super Saturdays?! I'm so bummed for you. It used to be an every once in a while thing here, and now it seems like every week or every other week we're having "Super Saturday". The sales are usually kind of lame, and always include Buy One Get Two Frozen Shrimp for some reason, but this week isn't 1/2 bad.

So sorry you don't have Super Sats ...
August 18th, 2007, 11:14 AM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The sales are usually kind of lame, and always include Buy One Get Two Frozen Shrimp for some reason, but this week isn't 1/2 bad.[/b]

HEY! Don't knock that shrimp! I LOVE it!! I take it with me to work all the time! It's totally fat free and is chocked full of protien!! Mmmm... !

Hey, did you go to the dollar store yet? I'm super curious!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 18th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate shrimp..and all seafood, but I get it for my husband. I will only buy it when Meijer has B1G2 (which is usually about the time that he ends up finishing off what I first bought!!!).
August 18th, 2007, 01:22 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
April, I wouldn't have been able to go anyway, but thanks for letting me know they don't do it because now I don't feel like I missed out!
August 18th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I fully planned on stopping at the Dollar Tree while I was out and about today, and I ... didn't. lol. I got tired by the third Meijer's stop. I was shopping today for 7 hours. Ick. I'm still feeling crappy, though, if that encourages your curiosity at all.
August 18th, 2007, 05:39 PM
paganempath
Quote:
I fully planned on stopping at the Dollar Tree while I was out and about today, and I ... didn't. lol. I got tired by the third Meijer's stop. I was shopping today for 7 hours. Ick. I'm still feeling crappy, though, if that encourages your curiosity at all. [/b]
You gotta love a situation where feeling crappy is a good thing and everyone cheers. Yay for feeling crappy!! You gotta get that test, lady. We wanna know!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search