Toys for Christmas...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So we headed to Kohls today to check out the summer clearance for next summer...um like 4 racks of girls clothes...boys like 10 things...all of which I didn't like or I didn't think was a great price. I already picked up several things from Sears, so at least I wasn't too irritated. We had a coupon for an extra 30% off all prices. I checked out the toys...we got some potato heads and accessories and Geo Trax stuff. It was all 25-33% off to begin with and then we got the extra 30% off!!! He's set with toys for Christmas...we'll still get an outfit, an ornament, and maybe a book or too, and of course some $$$ for his bank account. We've actually spent more/gotten more toys than he really needs, but I couldn't resist the prices, so I may just have my sisters or my mom buy some of it from me and they can give it to him...that way he still gets it, just I'm not paying for all of it...and they don;t have to shop!!!

I was also able to get a new pair of shoes...I couldn't find any in the women's section, so I got boys size 7 (I couldn't believe they still had that size in the kids section) for less than $20 after teh sale/extra discount!!!
August 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! Did you shop all day, girl?!

August 18th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad I'm not the only one Christmas shopping! My dh thinks I'm nuts so I have my stash hidden in the closet where he is too afraid to venture! I HAVE to shop eraly or else no one would get anything at all from us! I haven't spent over 9$ yet on anything so I'm pretty happy! Most things were 1-3$ and I even got my niece a REALLY nice gift that after the clearance plus add'l 30% off I got it for a penny! the most expensive gift so far was a 9$ sleeping bag (pirate's of the caribbean) for my niece who dearly LOVES the movies and "Cap't Jack Sparrow" I hated to spend that much....but she's worth it and it was on clearance!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
August 18th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
WOW! Did you shop all day, girl?![/b]
No, we were gone about 2.5 hours and that include a stop at the airport to pay the bill and watch for airplanes!
August 19th, 2007, 07:35 AM
CBMS
I can't wait for our Kohl's to open...
August 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I can't wait for our Kohl's to open...[/b]
You don't have a Kohl's by you? I have 5 within a 15 minute drive!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search