My GRRR Walgreens post

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2007, 01:18 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to go get some more TP and Tylenol today since it's the last day. I went to Walgreens #1 and they were still out of TP and still only had the one Tylenol I had left there, so I grabbed it, and they had restocked the Lavender Airwicks, so I grabbed one of those, and I had the B2G1 coupon for a Butterfinger Crisp, so I grabbed three of those. I get up to the register, and the coupon nazi is working. She always super examines all of the coupons. She gets to my Tylenol coupon and takes the box back out of the bag and informs me that I can't use it because it says 24 ct or higher and my box was only 20 ct. I really had not noticed that yesterday, and I used 10 of the coupons! So I told her nevermind on the Tylenol and paid $2.something for the other stuff.
Then I went to Walgreens #2 (where Mr. Manager Boy didn't want to let me get any Tylenol yesterday. I was thinking he wouldn't be there since I went in late afternoon yesterday and it was early this morning. WRONG! I had asked a woman about it and she went to get the manager to ask, and it was him. He looked right at me and said, "She bought all of them yesterday" and kept walking! She followed him for a bit and then came back and told me they were out but I could get a raincheck. I took my two packs of TP I was getting and went up front. I told the girl at the register that I needed a raincheck and she said, "He'll write it for you," and motioned to a different guy behind her. She told him what it was, and he left. Back comes stingy Mr. Manager Boy and informs me that since I bought Tylenol yesterday that I couldn't get a raincheck today. I told him I had never heard of such a policy. He told me that there was a limit so I couldn't get any more. I told him that a limit was never mentioned, and his answer was that he had just received an email that they have to limit it now. He walked off and the girl at the register kinda looked at me like "WHAT?" I told her about yesterday and she rolled her eyes and whispered, "Go to the other Walgreens." So apparently I'm not the only person who thinks he's an idiot. When I got to my car, I called 1-800-WALGREENS and left a message about it. Within about 15 minutes the district office called me back and apologized! They said that they had called the manager about it and that he was wrong and they told him that he has to give me a raincheck for up to 6 of them if I want! I told the district guy about the email, and he said, "I don't know of any such thing." What a jerk Mr. Manager Boy was, making that up (although I knew he was.). I like how he was acting like I was trying to steal money out of his pocket by getting a raincheck. I thanked district for handling it, but when I got off the phone I thought...I didn't really want the raincheck as much as I just wanted him to be put in his place! I'm not sure if I'll go back for the raincheck or not...district said I had until Monday to go get it. I'm glad that's the Walgreens on the other end of town that did this to me, or I would be ticked!
August 18th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Win some, lose some I guess...knocking on wood, I've been pretty lucky...hope next time is better. You've still gotten a lot from them though!
August 18th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww sorry today wasn't so good. I don't get why they act like we're taking money out of their pocket.
August 18th, 2007, 09:15 PM
CBMS
Quote:
She gets to my Tylenol coupon and takes the box back out of the bag and informs me that I can't use it because it says 24 ct or higher and my box was only 20 ct. I really had not noticed that yesterday, and I used 10 of the coupons! So I told her nevermind on the Tylenol and paid $2.something for the other stuff.[/b]
Which coupon supposedly says that? It's not on the Walgreen's OR the manu coupons... ??
August 18th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got some printables that said $1.00 off ANY Tylenol PM or Simply Sleep 24 ct. or larger. I almost didn't try to use them because I saw the 24 ct., but then I realized that was only for the Simply Sleep, not the Tylenol PM. They gave me no trouble this morning.

My own little rant. I had DH stop by one of the stores on his way home from work, I knew they were out of stock on the Tylenol 'cause I cleaned them out this morning. I asked him to get a raincheck since I have 5 more coupons. The manager wouldn't give him the rain check because she said the coupon isn't expired. Uh, I don't want a raincheck on the coupon, I want a raincheck on the sale price of $2.49! If I go and buy it tomorrow it's going to be back to the regular price of $5 and change! I guess I should have been more explicit to DH on what he was asking for (he didn't know rainchecks existed). Anyway, he was livid when he got home and I explained how it should have worked. I told him not to worry about it because we'd already gotten 8 bottles with the overages, but he was determined to go back and set things right. He's on his way back with the flyer and their policy on rainchecks in hand. We'll see what happens.

August 18th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are we all have problems at Walgreens or what?

August 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Are we all have problems at Walgreens or what?[/b]

Not me. Not this time, anyway. Actually, my cashiers tonight made me fall in love with Walgreen's all over again.
August 18th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH got back with the rainchecks! Oh, and this lovely manager (who had no clue what the Truth in Advertising Act is) told DH that overages constitute coupon fraud

Do these people just make things up?

August 19th, 2007, 06:47 AM
CBMS
Quote:
DH got back with the rainchecks! Oh, and this lovely manager (who had no clue what the Truth in Advertising Act is) told DH that overages constitute coupon fraud

Do these people just make things up?[/b]

Whatever; it's not fraud. We aren't defrauding them out of the money. The manu is paying them. If they don't want overages, they should do research before running sales that make the coupons have overages. Morons, I say....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search