I'll save lots of money in the upcoming weeks...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
paganempath
I was just looking at the CVS flyer previews on Hot Coupon World--which I think is an awesome site to post the flyers so far in advance. CVS is a bust for me at least until the second week in September. Nothing I want, nothing I need, nothing I'll even bother buying. EEK! They don't even have Huggies on sale. I fear the Huggies sales are finished for the year after that EB deal a month or so ago. * le sigh*

And I checked out the coupon preview for tomorrow--it's just as dismal. I have officially hit the savings wall. I'll be saving lots of money, but only because I won't be buying anything. I hope it doesn't last too long.
August 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that's good, I could use a break...honestly, all the thoughts of sales, combined with coupons, hoping for overages, working the best deal, etc, etc is keeping me awake at night!!! I guess this is just my OCD (according to husband/family/friends) kicking in. I tend to get focused on something and obsess about it! Usually I'm obsessed about cleaning the house, but I acutaly did not clean the whole house last week-I skipped the upstairs bathrooms...so I made up for it this week though. I hate having a messy house!

The house is so stocked that I doubt we'll "go without" even if I don't shop for much! My spending is already close to the limit and there are still 2 weeks left! I'm hoping that if I can stick to this amount this month, it'll be the 3rd month in a row and I may try decreasing it. How much do you think I should decrease it by???
August 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM
CBMS
I'm glad; I'm out of money.
August 18th, 2007, 03:47 PM
paganempath
I'm OCD too. I've been hooked on the shopping thing for awhile now. I spent the entire day on Sunday poring over ads, flipping through the couopons, calculating different deals, and glued to JM for the latest sale buzz. I got nothing else done whatsoever.

I'm almost to my budget limit for the month as well. I think I have $60 to go. Your budget is $360, right? I'd probably drop it down to $320. I wouldn't drop it too dramatically at first unless you really think you're so stocked that it'll work. You've stayed within your budget for awhile so I think you could make $320 no problem.
August 18th, 2007, 06:19 PM
donomama
Yeah, the sales are a little disappointing this week. I am doing a couple of the bogo's at Rite Aid, but not even very many of those.
August 18th, 2007, 06:47 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I didn't see much either. I guess I can keep my budget for next month the same or slightly higher due to more food being needed. I've got all the toothpaste we need for a good year already.

</div>
August 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm OCD too. I've been hooked on the shopping thing for awhile now. I spent the entire day on Sunday poring over ads, flipping through the couopons, calculating different deals, and glued to JM for the latest sale buzz. I got nothing else done whatsoever.

I'm almost to my budget limit for the month as well. I think I have $60 to go. Your budget is $360, right? I'd probably drop it down to $320. I wouldn't drop it too dramatically at first unless you really think you're so stocked that it'll work. You've stayed within your budget for awhile so I think you could make $320 no problem.
[/b]
Errr...I don't know if I can drop it that much...that includes all groceries, pet supplies, and household stuff too! I was thinking like dropping it $10-20 and start from there. I've literally been VERY close to the budgeted amount the last 2 months!
August 19th, 2007, 06:53 AM
CBMS
I was over last month, but I'm coming in below this month out of necessity. *sigh* I wish I could have spent more on the really good stuff earlier in the month, but oh well...
August 19th, 2007, 09:20 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I would go $10 at a time Kris if that makes you more comfortable. It should be easier to drop $10 four times than to drop $40 once. Lots of change is scary the closer you get to the bottom line (and the better the sales get).

I'm doing RRs at Walgreens again this week ... because I am crazy. They have Nature Made supplements $10 with a $10 RR. I only use NatureMade, and I have a ton 'o coupons just waiting for such an occasion.
August 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to check on the naturemad things. Is there anything you would recommend for intestinal issues

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 19th, 2007, 12:47 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
The only Nature Mades covered on the RRs this week are the RxFormulation (or similar name ... I forget). They do have one that is supposed to work well paired with some intestinal medications, so I would suggest they work equally as well even if you aren't on the meds.

In general, I would suggest different things for different specific intestinal issues. You can PM if you want, I'll do some looking for you and then I can also expand on what I currently take to deal with my intestinal issues.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search