My first week stunk!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Did this happen to everyone. Even though I spent $50 at CVS and Walgreens each.... I thought I should have saved a lot more like what some of you ladies post. I brought it home and DH said.... HOW MUCH WAS ALL THIS? He was happy to know it was only $100. I stocked up for like a years worth of shampoo, shavers, soap etc. Did that happen to you ladies? I did however get $29 back from CVS on the printed out cash thingy (sorry I'm not up on the lingo yet). Before the coupons and sales, CVS was about $88 and Walgreens was $93. So i guess I did save a lot, but I was just expecting to see a lot less I suppose. I also went to Kroger and spent $153. I had TONS of stuff. The receipt said 91 items. I have a bunch of stock. The freezer, fridge and pantry is full. DH was impressed. It could last us a good 2 weeks and I did buy a bunch of meats and stuff. What am I to expect my 1st month or so??

ETA: I did however raid the clearance cart full of organic stuff! I have like 5 bags of pancake mix, 4 boxes of granola cereal and each for only $1.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

August 18th, 2007, 05:32 PM
paganempath
I don't think you did badly. It's hard to start off because you had no stockpile to build on. And you didn't have any EB's (CVS cash thingies ) to roll yet. Once you get into it where you get EB's every week, your out of pocket expense (OOP) will go down considerably. You just needed to start with a little seed money, which you just did. Now you have something to work with and it'll get easier and the savings will get larger.

Being able to get so much for your stockpile means that you're off to a good start. Once you have enough, you'll be able to pick and choose your conquests. And what you're willing to pay for certain items will plummet. You'll soon be on your way to buying things only when they're free or nearly free. That's the really fun part!
August 18th, 2007, 05:51 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
You'll soon be on your way to buying things only when they're free or nearly free. That's the really fun part! [/color][/b]
Man I can't wait for that! I actually skipped going to Publix and Target b/c I didn't really need much more than I got and there wasn't a huge savings in the things I was considering. I did figure something out that will save me a ton of time next week. TAKE OUT THE COUPONS FOR EACH STORE OUT OF THE BIG COUPON PILE!! I was an idiot and was in the store having to search for each coupon. This coming week I will have each circular with the couponmom print out and the coupons together with a paper clip!! You learn as you go huh?!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

August 18th, 2007, 05:57 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
You did just fine for just starting out! I will say, though, that couponmom is only really helpful in the beginning a lot of the time. Once you get the hang of it, you can often spend even less because you aren't using her 'best deals'. You'll have your own, and that rocks.
August 18th, 2007, 06:22 PM
donomama
That didn't stink! That's pretty good for starting out! The longer you do it, the better you get, and the lower your price cap will be. Now you have a nice little stockpile! Good job!
August 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You have to start somewhere...things wil get a lot better!!!
August 19th, 2007, 06:57 AM
CBMS
You're just getting your feet wet. I didn't start out saving way more than I spend. I worked my way up to it. The more I couponed and BOGO'd the better I got. You'll get so that you can work the sales [and the stores and cashiers] like it's second nature.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search