I'm causing trouble at Walgreens

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I emailed the corporate office over my ordeal a few days ago. All they did was forward it to the general manager at the store I visited. We are playing phone tag right now. I went into walgreens again to day to use the 2 RR that expired today. The same manager was in there and he rung me up. Apparently they had a manager meeting about me . He said that he was very glad that I emailed the corporate office, he would also like to get this straight. Apparently employees have been FIRED for using coupons like I did (I can't understand that). He told me that he completely agrees with me, he realizes that you should be able to do what I did, but since employees have been fired over it they want to get it straight. I am going to be allowed to use my coupons until they get a clear answer from corporate *gee thanks*. The manager told me that they summited my receipt to the corporate office to see if it was legit or not. They will probably say no because I had an overage that covered most of the tax, but other than that it would be. I hope corporate tells them that they are being stupid. I would hate to loose my Walgreens .

August 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
CBMS
I got paid tonight; They still get the money from the manufacturer, so they can still pay their quarterly taxes; they are losing NOTHING. It's insanity to think that they would stop allowing coupon usage. Morons, I say...
August 19th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can start coming to mine (the one on Charlestown Rd not the one down in Louisville that was Grrr a few days back). They are super nice there and the girl at the cosmetic counter that usually checks me out is TOTALLY up on coupons. She was even going to try to push through a 0.20 peelie on my Hefty one-zips today even though I had already got them all free . She said that they only say you can't double manufacturer ones so that people won't take advantage of it but she said they really could. It came up that it needed manager approval though (not because I had already used one, she rang up the peelie first it just must not have been recognized by the system). She was going to call the manager but I told her not to worry about it since I already was going to get them free. She just laughed and said "yeah but you could get paid 0.20 for them". I heart her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search