More Meijer sales-AUGH!!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
UGH...stores need to quit putting things on sale that I have coupons for...most of the coupons expire in Sept so I feel that I better use them...otherwise I'll end up losing them! They have GM cereal on sale for 3 for 5 and I have coupons for 50 cents off a box. More than what I've paid for cereal lately, but I still think it's a pretty goods deal...it's not like we won't eventually eat it! They also have some lunch type thing for hubby that I can end up getting for like 1.25-1.50 apiece (again...not that we NEED them right now, but we will at some point!). More cereal bars on sale for 1.89 and I have 50 cent coupon again!

How do you convince yourself to stop??? I just feel like I'll kick myself later for not using the coupons when they had the sales!!!
August 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I just feel like I'll kick myself later for not using the coupons when they had the sales!!![/b]
I feel exactly the same way!! I think if I don't get it while it's cheap, then when we need it it'll be full price and I'll be crying all the way home!

Quote:
How do you convince yourself to stop???[/b]
It's easier once I'm out of money.
August 19th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
I just feel like I'll kick myself later for not using the coupons when they had the sales!!![/b]
I feel exactly the same way!! I think if I don't get it while it's cheap, then when we need it it'll be full price and I'll be crying all the way home!

Quote:
How do you convince yourself to stop???[/b]
It's easier once I'm out of money.
[/b][/quote]

That's the problem...we're never REALLY out...
August 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I totally know how you feel. I got on the Meijer ad last night at 1210 when it posted, and I thought ... Oh! B1G2 brats (again!), cereal, etc etc. We totally have 5 packages of brats in the freezer, but we use 2 each time we have them so I feel like we could always have more. We have boxes upon boxes of cereal, and I stopped myself from getting Kellogg's cereal as part of my deals yesterday, but I have amazing GM cereal coupons. Ugh ugh ugh. What to do?

And, on never really being out of money, Kris ... you need an envelope. Cash in, cash out makes it much easier to know when you have to stop. I'm in the same boat as Kim, when the money is gone ... it's gone.
August 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I totally know how you feel. I got on the Meijer ad last night at 1210 when it posted, and I thought ... Oh! B1G2 brats (again!), cereal, etc etc. We totally have 5 packages of brats in the freezer, but we use 2 each time we have them so I feel like we could always have more. We have boxes upon boxes of cereal, and I stopped myself from getting Kellogg's cereal as part of my deals yesterday, but I have amazing GM cereal coupons. Ugh ugh ugh. What to do?

And, on never really being out of money, Kris ... you need an envelope. Cash in, cash out makes it much easier to know when you have to stop. I'm in the same boat as Kim, when the money is gone ... it's gone.[/b]
I do use cash for groceries, it's just there is always extra cash in the safe...
August 19th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im the same about when the money is gone it is gone.

I have limited myself to 20 bucks a week OOP, if its more than that I dont need it

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 19th, 2007, 03:09 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
You have cash in a safe!? I would be in so much trouble.
August 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The cash is what is left from what I get paid after we buy the household stuff, car gas, eating out $$, gifts, etc. What is left is what we pay for vacation with, or buy other extra things we save up for. There's only about 600 left up there now...
August 19th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would LOVE to have 600 bucks just laying around for a rainy day

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really need to stop, but I can't! I still need to go to Meijers.

August 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had more than that before we decided to put up the fence/put the play yard in...right now we're TRYING to save for a brick walkway...but it just seems like mroe stuff comes up in the summer and we end up spending too much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search