I'm taking a week off

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
from walgreens, unless there is something AMAZING.

They are always so mean to me. I am always pleasant, and they go out of their way to make things difficult for me

I dont have the option of going to a different walgreens, so unless something is great next week, I'm taking a week off.

I dont think the savings are worth my dignity

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 20th, 2007, 06:07 AM
paganempath
I've gotten into long drag-out fights with those people before. I even boycotted them for several months. They don't even deserve our business most of the time.
August 20th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I gave them 22 dollars yesterday that I wouldnt have given them 3 weeks ago. I just dont understand why they hate me for taking advantage of deals that THEY run

My Blog
August 20th, 2007, 06:54 AM
CBMS
I have run in to meanies at CVS and a couple of the grocery stores and at wal mart, but my Walgreen's is usually fantabulous. I'm sorry yours isn't. That makes me sad because they are my favorite store...
August 20th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love shopping there and working the deals, but I dread checking out

My Blog
August 20th, 2007, 08:17 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I went to one like that last week. My store doesn't carry the AirWicks, so I went accross town to the other closest WAG and they treated me like DIRT for using coupons. She totally rejected some of my coupons even though I should have been able to use them. Since they were for stuff I can get at my regular WAG, I just shrugged it off, but, ugh, I will NEVER go back there again! So I totally feel your pain.

Luckily, the WAG next to my house is AWESOME with AWESOME cashiers.

August 20th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
they just give me dirty looks when I walk in now, I hate it

My Blog
August 20th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a crappy manager at my GOOD walgreens today. Usually this one is fabulous but I guess that's because I usually get the one good cashier. This morning the cashier and the manager acted like I was stealing for using the BOGO haircolor coupon on their BOGO deal. The manager tried to tell me that I would only be able to use the coupon if I got 4 (so I would have got 4 for the price of 1 which is a good deal but I was only getting it because it was going to be free.) I told him their ad said BOGO and see Sunday paper for additional savings, that was the coupon that was in the Sunday paper and the ad said nothing of having to buy 4. He said "we'll scan it but the register won't take it, I'm just warning you." Warning me why? If the register doesn't take the coupon do the cops come take me away, does it blow up? LOL, not that I said any of that. I'm not THAT brave. Suprise, suprise though the register DID take it (of course, I knew it would since I did the same thing with Hefty one-zips the day before only I had the GOOD cashier who didn't question it.) He was like "well I guess it worked but I don't really think it's right that you get them both free." I told him the manufacturer was going to pay them for the coupon so they weren't out any money...moron.
August 20th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
they did the same thing with my BOGO coupon, they scanned the wrong darn barcode so that it wouldnt work.

I then explained, that they were giving me one for free and the manufacturer was giving me one free, the manager said, "Forget it, just give it to her, I'm NOT going to stand here and argue with HER about her stupid coupons"

My Blog
August 20th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you got such a jerk!
August 20th, 2007, 07:55 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I then explained, that they were giving me one for free and the manufacturer was giving me one free, the manager said, "Forget it, just give it to her, I'm NOT going to stand here and argue with HER about her stupid coupons"[/b]
Wow! He said that?!
I got an idiot manager Saturday who refused to give me a raincheck after he tried not to let me buy any Tylenol the day before. District straightened him out, but like you, I think my dignity is worth more than saving money, so I didn't go back to get the raincheck. I'll try not to go back to that Walgreens.
August 21st, 2007, 06:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i wish i had the option of a different walgreens

My Blog
August 21st, 2007, 07:23 AM
CBMS
Do you know how I take care of jerks like that? (we had a problem after we purchased the extended warranty for our van, and DH sent me in to handle it! I used this line...)

"If I were you, I'd change the attitude and the problem real quick. I'd hate to have to write an editorial to every paper within a 100 mile radius warning people about you and telling them to stay as far from this place as possible."

They complied and fixed the problem in like three seconds flat. Sometimes jerks like that just need a dose of reality. lol
August 21st, 2007, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to try that

My Blog
August 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You don't have a Walgreens on like every corner??? I have 2 within 3 or so miles of me!!!
August 21st, 2007, 03:57 PM
donomama
We only have one Walgreens, and it's a 10 minute drive. They're ok, but not great. I have run into some bad CVS checkers, but that's ok because CVS is on every single corner here, so I have weeded out the bad ones by now.

Quote:
You don't have a Walgreens on like every corner??? I have 2 within 3 or so miles of me!!![/b]

I have ELEVEN CVS's within 3 miles of me. I just looked it up because I thought there were a lot, but I never thought there would be THAT many!
August 21st, 2007, 04:43 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, that stinks that they are giving you a hard time. Walgreens is usually nice to me (other than being out of stock of everything I want). It is CVS that gives me a hard time and gives me dirty looks for using coupons.

August 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Liz- I hate your Walgreen's too! I haven't tried coupons there as usually I'm just getting things for my grandma. However, I always have a hard time finding things there and their cashiers aren't that great.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

August 21st, 2007, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I officially hate Walgreens. The customer service lady hung up on me today. They act like I am shop lifting for using coupons on sale items. Now they are even saying that I can not use more than one like coupon on a transaction. I don't know if I'll be back. Well, I'll probably go back, but I am not doing the RR deals again. I don't want to be forced to go back to that stupid place just to use them. Sorry for going off on my on vent...I am STILL mad.

August 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I officially hate Walgreens. The customer service lady hung up on me today. They act like I am shop lifting for using coupons on sale items. Now they are even saying that I can not use more than one like coupon on a transaction. I don't know if I'll be back. Well, I'll probably go back, but I am not doing the RR deals again. I don't want to be forced to go back to that stupid place just to use them. Sorry for going off on my on vent...I am STILL mad.[/b]

I'd be pissed off too... I'd keep calling and asking for a supervisor. Keep your cool, though, so you make them look like the jerks...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search