Rite Aid

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2007, 05:04 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Half the time they don't have most of the stuff that I want. They must keep a very limited stock of what is on sale so that they won't lose too much money. They still didn't have the Irish Spring that I wanted so I finally just gave up and got something else. They still don't have the handsoap. Both of those things were on sale 2 weeks ago and I got rain checks. They still haven't restocked!

This week I was going to get Mott's applesauce that was on sale for .99 and I have $1 off two jars so that is a pretty good deal. No applesauce.

I got my Vive shampoo and some makeup and a few other things that will be free after rebate. I also got Aquafresh Advance. Now their ad said ANY Aquafresh product was BOGO. I had 2 coupons for $2 off each. Of course I get to the register and the girl rings them up and says they aren't BOGO. I told her then she needs to reread her ad! She gave me the deal because she couldn't really argue with their own ad!

Then she rings up the shampoo. It would figure that Rite Aid rings up BOGO items and 50% off each. I got six bottles and had 3 BOGO coupons and they were on sale for BOGO already. I argued with her that it isn't right for them to do that but she wouldn't give in there. GRRR!

Everytime I go there they act like I'm a PIA! If they don't want to do their job then they should get a different job...like one that requires no interaction with human beings!

August 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
paganempath
Sorry about your bad time at Rite Aid. I had my own bad experience at one once. There was a cashier who looked at me like I was a freak just because she could see my tattoos. I asked her if they had a can redemption area (since it was MI where almost every store has one), and she gave me a look like if she dared to speak to me, I'd kill her. Yes, I'm a homocidal maniac who redeems cans for the deposit on the side. Who's the real freak here anyway? --- She was in her twenties and wearing a giant bow in her hair. Ummm.... are we five years old?
August 20th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry it was a bum deal...

To me it seems like advertising BOGO but ringing them up 50% off each is not truthful advertising. I know that if you didn't have coupons it wouldn't make a difference, but WE DO HAVE COUPONS!!!
August 20th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The rite aid I got too rings up the BOGO correctly, I wonder why it would vary by store? I'm going tomorrow to get another 2 free bottles!!!
August 20th, 2007, 08:44 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Sorry about your bad time at Rite Aid. I had my own bad experience at one once. There was a cashier who looked at me like I was a freak just because she could see my tattoos. I asked her if they had a can redemption area (since it was MI where almost every store has one), and she gave me a look like if she dared to speak to me, I'd kill her. Yes, I'm a homocidal maniac who redeems cans for the deposit on the side. Who's the real freak here anyway? --- She was in her twenties and wearing a giant bow in her hair. Ummm.... are we five years old? [/b]
Hahahaha!!! Oh and doesn't everyone know that one of the classic signs of being a homicidal maniac is redeeming cans? I thought everyone knew that!
Quote:
Sorry it was a bum deal...

To me it seems like advertising BOGO but ringing them up 50% off each is not truthful advertising. I know that if you didn't have coupons it wouldn't make a difference, but WE DO HAVE COUPONS!!![/b]
Yeah I think it is false advertising to ring it up that way. BOGO free means one of them should be free not them both being 1/2 off. I know it works out the same way for most people but when you have coupons it makes a difference.

Quote:
The rite aid I got too rings up the BOGO correctly, I wonder why it would vary by store? I'm going tomorrow to get another 2 free bottles!!![/b]

I want your Rite Aid!!! That doesn't seem fair! My Rite Aid sucks!

August 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
donomama
We have several Rite Aid stores around here. Most do the half price + half price instead of full price + free. I have found the one that does it the right way though, and I really hope they don't change things up.
August 21st, 2007, 03:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would have asked to speak to a mangaer about it...or leave my stuff and not buy it!
August 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
teri i know the feeling about people thinking we are homocidal, my hubbys tats do that too, or just the rock tees. people are ridiculous

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 21st, 2007, 09:18 AM
CBMS
I wonder if people see my tats and think I'm a freak...

I guess probably... since one of them is a Buccaneers tat! That is kinda freaky [unless you're a fanatic like me]
August 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that defianetely is more freaking than most tats

My Blog
August 21st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How stupid, if it is BOBO it should be BOGO. I love my Rite Aid they do not give me any problem. However, Walgreens is another story.

August 21st, 2007, 11:36 AM
paganempath
Quote:

[/b]
Not as freaky as a 33 year old mother with a huge purple Good Charlotte tattoo on her arm. I don't even like GC that much anymore. But I wear my tattoo as a reminder of long lost happiness.....*how dramatic am I?*
August 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Not as freaky as a 33 year old mother with a huge purple Good Charlotte tattoo on her arm. I don't even like GC that much anymore. But I wear my tattoo as a reminder of long lost happiness.....*how dramatic am I?*
[/b]

I firmly believe that tats show a history of yourself, and whether or not you are still into that particular band, you know that everytime you look at it, you can always remember where you were in life when the tat was done

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search