Latest Deals

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CVS: Sunday I took back two of the American Greetings card. I decided I didn't want to have to mess with trying to get the ECB. Since my OOP from that transaction was only $3 (I had used a $20 ECB to pay for it) they gave me $3 back on my credit card and then gave me $5 back on a CVS card that doesn't expire! Whoo hoo!

So...if you have any ECB to burn and nothing to spend them on, you can always go buy something and then return it a few days later and you'll get a gift card that you can use later.

Today I went to a different CVS with a much better selection and stocked up on Right Guard deodorant for Dh. It's the only brand he'll use. I got 4. They were BOGO plus I had 4 coupons. I bought a 0.50 pack of Starburst so I could use a $5 ECB that I had. OOP: 0.42!

Walgreens: Got clean and clear for DH. BOGO 50% plus two coupons. OOP: $5.48 for two. Not bad considering that is only a little more than I would usually spend on one.

Kroger: Total coupons: $11.90. Kroger's doubling/tripling: $4.80. So I saved $16.70 there and bought things I will be running out of soon like laundry detergent. I went ahead and used my Aquafresh advance coupons to get free toothpaste. None of the CVS's have it in stock so I might as well get it free if I can't make money off of it. Oh and I got a $2.50 rebate on the Arm & Hammer detergent I bought.

August 21st, 2007, 06:00 PM
paganempath
Ah, that's a nifty little trick. We're always looking for those around here. Great shopping too!
August 21st, 2007, 06:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good shopping.

I think imay try to return the Feel N Learns I got the other day (they're a little bigger than the size 4 Easy ups) and getthe Easy Ups...does anyone think I'd get a hassle??? I don't have my receipt anymore (and if I did...that would show the big oopsie the cashier did!)...but since they're the same price do you think it makes a difference?
August 21st, 2007, 06:50 PM
paganempath
From CVS? I've only returned one thing to CVS. And I know I didn't have the receipt. I was charged for two items when I only bought one and they refunded my money with no problem. I don't think they'd care if you were just switching products, especially ones with the same price.
August 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cool!
August 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
CBMS
hooray for deals!

I took something back to CVS on Sunday (sad, but I had to finish getting school supplies and I was tapped). I got back 18 something, and I had paid only about 3 bucks for BOTH purchases! (I had lots of coupons and EB). She kept my receipts, but she did them as a straight refund and gave me cash. woot. Nothing like making money on my CVS deals.

I had enough to get the school supplies I needed, thank goodness... but I still have to come up with another 20 bucks to send to school for the kids to turn in their "supply fund" money and some magazine thing for Kait. I can't believe we pay 100's in school taxes (on our homeowners) and still have to spend this kind of money for school.... I'm bitter about buying enough for the "poor kids." We ARE the poor kids, darn it, and I manage!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search