wanna know something super COOL?!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM
CBMS
I just tallied up the posts so far (they're tentative, of course, but I use the numbers from the main page to figure it). It is adding up to OVER 3K posts so far!! And we still have 9 days to post away! woot!

We're so in there for two months in a row.
August 21st, 2007, 08:53 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woo hoo! We have been some postin' fools this month!
August 21st, 2007, 08:55 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Woo hoo! We have been some postin' fools this month![/b]

Sure have. And I, for one, like it.
August 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM
Veteran
Do you know what is really cool, most of the other boards I frequently lurk have been really, really slow this month and they are usually in the top 25, so I bet we will be even higher up the list.

<div align="center"></div>
August 22nd, 2007, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, I have found that the whole board has been pretty slow this month, but we have been posting fools

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 22nd, 2007, 07:17 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
woohoo!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 22nd, 2007, 07:47 AM
paganempath
Woot! Go us!
August 22nd, 2007, 05:43 PM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool! We rock!! I must say, i joined this for the TTC board, but frugal mommies is my favorite board!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 22nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome!

August 22nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Cool! We rock!! I must say, i joined this for the TTC board, but frugal mommies is my favorite board![/b]

YAY! That is super cool.
August 22nd, 2007, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some days there is more action here than in my DDC. Keep it up!

August 22nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some nights I can barely keep up with you ladies...then when I wake up there's a ton more posts here...and many from you who are in later time zones than me!!!
August 23rd, 2007, 05:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy

especially since I try to stay away in the evenings when i get home

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

especially since I try to stay away in the evenings when i get home[/b]
The evenings are the only real time I get to look...after being with our son all day sometimes ineed a break from him as much as he needs a break from me...so it's daddy time!!!
August 23rd, 2007, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we are the opposite, daddy needs a break when i get home, and my boys need my full attention

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 06:31 AM
CBMS
Quote:
we are the opposite, daddy needs a break when i get home, and my boys need my full attention[/b]

I keep forgetting about that.... I totally love the concept (one of my sister's good friends is a SAHD), but it just isn't very common yet... though I have seen it more and more.
August 23rd, 2007, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
he still gets lots of harrassment about it, and it makes me sad. People think he is a deadbeat. I dont understand the double standard. My mom stayed home with us growing up and we struggled so that it was possible, I dont see the difference.

I love him for it, I dont know what I would do without him

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 06:54 AM
CBMS
Quote:
he still gets lots of harrassment about it, and it makes me sad. People think he is a deadbeat. I dont understand the double standard. My mom stayed home with us growing up and we struggled so that it was possible, I dont see the difference.

I love him for it, I dont know what I would do without him[/b]

I think it's awesome! My husband couldn't do it-I can tell you that right now. He'd lose his mind on day one... MAYBE day two. Obviously, I think it's a good choice to have kids at home. That's why we do it. I don't think it makes that big a difference which parent, but I have personal feelings of hatred toward daycares (bad experience in our family). The next best choice is for both parents to work and have a family member (like grandma or aunt) to baby sit them... when I was single with my two older girls it was always my sister or my mom who had the kids. They have never been to daycare, and I love that--it makes me proud.
August 23rd, 2007, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My hubby was a SAHD when I first started working, until I moved to night shifts and it dawned on us that we could make twice as much money without needing childcare. I thought it was absolutely wonderful, and DS loved it to. My parents thought it was great but his parents were less than thrilled. I don't get the double standard either. Frankly, my husband is a better parent than I am, and the only reason I am the one staying at home now is because I'm on modified bedrest. I'd still be working if I had my way.

August 23rd, 2007, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

I love him for it, I dont know what I would do without him[/b]

I think it's awesome! My husband couldn't do it-I can tell you that right now. He'd lose his mind on day one... MAYBE day two. Obviously, I think it's a good choice to have kids at home. That's why we do it. I don't think it makes that big a difference which parent, but I have personal feelings of hatred toward daycares (bad experience in our family). The next best choice is for both parents to work and have a family member (like grandma or aunt) to baby sit them... when I was single with my two older girls it was always my sister or my mom who had the kids. They have never been to daycare, and I love that--it makes me proud.
[/b]

My kids have never been nor will ever be in day care either. During the holiday season my hubby works a seasonal job just for christmas money cuz if you've seen my budget there would be no christmas otherwise. During that time, either my mom, his mom, or one of my sisters keeps them. There is no physical item that is worth more than my kids, and I didnt have them for someone else to raise them. I am not trying to judge others, but thats how i feel and how my kids will always be raised.

And people can have their double standard, but my kids will always know that their daddy loved them and he will always be there for them. There is nothing that can change my mind about that. Now if I could just teach him how to cook he would be the perfect man

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search