Totally off topic....about work!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 01:16 AM
Veteran
Back in March I went from full time to only working part time on the weekends. This was because I was trying to start up a daycare during the week and I wanted some money still coming in until I made enough at the daycare. Then everything started happening with Anthony. When he was diagnosed with Autism we decided it was best for me to stop the daycare, and just continue working the weekends. This was because of all the doctor appts. and therepy he will be getting, I need to be home during the week. His therapy should start any day now, he's had his evals, we are just waiting on insurance. So anyways, I have talked to all my bosses, they all know what is going on. There have been a few times in the past few months that I VOLUNTEERED to work on a week night when we had nothing going on. Only once since March have I told them to actually schedule me throughout the week though and that was an exception as we were having a HUGE two day sale.

So I go into work tonight and I'm quite surprised to find out I work tonight and Thurs night, along with the weekend. Now I had taken this past weekend off so I was out of town from Fri until late Sunday. I didn't see any need to go check the new schedule since I'm not supposed to work until Saturday. They are technically supposed to post the schedule by noon on Fridays, but it wasnt' done until Friday night, after I had already left and they do not allow you to call in to get it. :roll:

I'm just not sure what to do. I don't technically have anything going on the next two nights, but I don't think that is really the point. Not only am I used to being in bed by 9 (and I work until 10 those nights), but Anthony is used to me being home to put him to bed. He's big on routine lately and since he started school, he needs it to fall asleep at a decent hour. Plus with Madison in school all day now, that means I won't see her for two days straight except in the mornings.

On one hand I feel like just not showing up. I shouldn't have been scheduled, it's their mistake. Then again I kinda want to call and give them a piece of my mind. I have enough things going on that I shouldn't have to deal with their bull #####. And that is all it is, bull #####. I have worked there for 10 years next month. I make $8.50/hour. Havent' gotten a raise in 6 years, in fact I make $1 less now that I'm part time. I'm beyond stressed out right now, in fact it's 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep.

So I don't know what to do. I know I"ll probably just show up work both nights and keep my mouth shut. I already told the big mouth that I wasnt' happy with it, so I know it will get back to the right people. They'll let a couple weeks go by and do it again. And I'll work it again. I can't lose this job. In fact we are so broke it's not funny. But then again I don't know if I care anymore. It's not worth the stress. I can find other ways to make $80/week. (Plus with all the deals I've been getting we could go months without buying anything!! LOL)

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
August 22nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
That's a huge bummer. I would give them a piece of my mind, albeit calmly. Explain the deal to them, they may not even realize they screwed up. If they're stuck being jerks, start looking for something else.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search