HI!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 05:22 AM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
Whew...what a crazy couple of weeks. We are moved into our new house
I still have a ton of unpacking and organizing to do. Just as I think I am making some headway, I go down to the garage and find more boxes to unpack
Alexis is doing really well adjusting, much better than I anticipated. The dog on the other hand, is driving me nuts! Hopefully she will calm down soon!

So...what have I missed? Any kick butt steals and deals? I have not even had time to shop! I am going to try and get to CVS today for a few things to use up my ECB's that are close to expiring.

On a sad note, Alexis goes in for surgery tomorrow She had an ear infection when she was 6 months old which never completely cleared up, and we were referred to an ENT who kept an eye on it for a few months. The ENT dr. has decided that it is best to bring her in to the OR under anestesia to take a closer look at what is going on and possibly put in tubes The dr. insists that this is not a major deal and that she will be in and out of the OR in 10 minutes and will go about the rest of her day as normal. We shall see about that. I am a nervous wreck.

OK...off to catch up on some posts.

August 22nd, 2007, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back! I hate unpacking and organizing after a move.

My nephew got tubes put in his ears last month, and he was OK right after. I hope that Alexis does OK as well.
August 22nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck on unpacking and organizing.

I hope that the doc is able to find out what is causing the ear infection. Keep us updated on how Alexis is doing.

August 22nd, 2007, 09:12 AM
paganempath
I'm sorry to hear about Alexis' surgery. I know it's going to be a horrible nerve-wracking wait for you. But she'll get through it perfectly fine. I hope they're able to pinpoint the problem and help her. Let us know how it goes.
August 22nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I know it's probably making you crazy, the thought of waiting, but tubes can be so so helpful. I needed tubes and never got them, and I deal with problems with my ears, balance, vertigo, etc all the time because of it. Getting her checked out is totally the way to go.
August 22nd, 2007, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to barge in like this.... Just stopped in to check out the board and happened upon this post. My daughter turned 2 in June of this year. Since she wa 8 months old she'd had ear infections at least once a month if not more often. In January of 07 we had tubes put in her ears. She hasn't had an infection since. Surgery only took 15 minutes tops. We had just gotten to the waiting room, sat down, and they were calling us back. Coming out of the anesthetic was a little rough, she wasn't happy at all. But a quick 20 minute nap and she was as good as new. She was running around playing once we got home. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Best thing we ever did!

Good Luck to you and your daughter! Happy unpacking!

1st, 2nd, & 3rd Years
My how they change
August 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good to have you back! We've been busy, busy, busy around here too! I hope everything is going well in the new house!

Don't stress too much over the surgery, just think of how much better she'll feel when she doesn't get ear infections all the time. I know it is easier to say don't stress than to actually do it! Our son had to have a frenulectomy done arounds 2 weeks old..I was nervous and they literally had him for 3 minutes!!!
August 22nd, 2007, 06:55 PM
CBMS
Welcome back! Congrats on the new place!

Don't worry yourself too much about the surgery (believe me--I know how scary it is!! ) Kids are so resilient. Maddie was literally pulling herself back up in the crib and wanting to run around five days after having her heart OUTSIDE of her chest! That's kids for ya...

I'm sure Alexis will be just fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search