Walgreens update

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, I emailed customer service to complain about their customer service . Do you want to know what they did? They simply sent it back to the manager at my Walgreens. I did not even talk about the store in my email. It had nothing to do with him. They make me want to scream. I guess I am just not important enough for them to deal with. He did respond to my email very quickly Here is his response:

Good afternoon,

I am James Tumis, the store manger you spoke with yesterday. I just received an updated e-mail regarding our conversation yesterday. First, I would like to apologize on behalf of the individual you spoke with at the 1-800 number. The level of service you experienced yesterday does not meet our standards and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have begun to to research where I can locate a policy regarding coupon use. I will attempt to review it to make all employees aware of the policies. Once again I do apologize about the incident that occurred at the Clarksville location. I do agree with you regarding more than one coupon per purchase, it is ok to use one coupon per item for every item in the transaction (not what he was saying yesterday). I have informed my staff about this and I believe everyone is aware of this now. Again I apologize about any inconvenience, I have set a $10 gift card aside for your troubles (great, now they are going to think I'm trying to get something for free). Please speak with James Tumis to pick it up (he is really trying to put a face to the name).

Thank you
James Tumis

August 22nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
CBMS
The last time I went to a store and super duper pissed at them... the manager offered me a 10 dollar gift card, and I said no thanks. You can't buy back my loyalty with ten bucks. I never picked it up, and I haven't been back to that store...

Pick another Walgreen's--aren't there lots of choices? I know I have several within a few mile radius of me.

August 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The last time I went to a store and super duper pissed at them... the manager offered me a 10 dollar gift card, and I said no thanks. You can't buy back my loyalty with ten bucks. I never picked it up, and I haven't been back to that store...

Pick another Walgreen's--aren't there lots of choices? I know I have several within a few mile radius of me.[/b]
Yes, there are others close to me, but they are trying to fix the problem. I am mad at the customer service lady and at corporate for just passing off the problem (me) back to the store. Also, this manager is over all of the Walgreens in the area. I got the "top dog" so to speak . Poor guy just got back from vacation and got hit with this! I would just like to get someone that I believe is knowledgeable at corporate, not someone yelling at me. I believe that there is simply a misunderstanding about the policy among some of the managers. How can they be told otherwise when corporate will not even respond.

August 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, he changed his tune fast, wonder what made him realize you were right? I can't believe they sent your email to him . Not sure what to recommend about going back or accepting the gc. On one hand it would be so funny to turn it down because it would prove that you really just wanted to be allowed to shop the right way and you weren't trying to get anything different than anyone else but on the other hand they were soooo rude to you and you deserve to get something with having to put up with them. I'd probably lean more towards thanks but no thanks since he is making you come in and speak directly with him to get it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search